LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Wednesday 2nd february ko 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby babu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 pm

just watched a replay, I've been away so could not watch the match and also missed all the drama re transfers (can't wait till we play against Torres!)

Anyway from my perspective the one thing i noticed that was very different from Roy's time or even Rafa's was how many players moved into forward positions anticipating the ball. A flick forward into the second half had at least 2-3 players there to support.

There is a real confidence that runs will be met with the ball brought forward.

Bring on chelsea!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:07 pm

babu wrote:Anyway from my perspective the one thing i noticed that was very different from Roy's time or even Rafa's was how many players moved into forward positions anticipating the ball. A flick forward into the second half had at least 2-3 players there to support.

It's a good point. The prime example being Glen Johnson's header that produced a top save from Begovic. When in the past would you have seen our right back getting in a header on the edge of the six yard box?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

at one point we had 72% possession yesterday.... wow
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

We looked very good last night, even if there was a touch of fortune connected to both goals.  We were certainly full value for the 3 points.  Stoke came to spoil but we had too much for them.  I was impressed with how quickly the lads adopted to the novel system and made it work and I continue to be impressed by our renewed commitment to pass and move under Kenny.  There were times when we played some sumptuous stuff on the deck, running through Stoke players like they were traffic cones.  Nice to see Suarez grab a goal on his debut, even if it looked like an OG to me.  His run was timed to perfection and he rounded the keeper with aplomb so there's some encouraging signs of a true predator there.  He otherwise looked creative but rusty--understandable given his long layoff from action and lack of opportunities to train with our lads.  Hopefully the bedding in process will be swift and smooth and last night's marker was just the first of many.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Bad Bob wrote: Nice to see Suarez grab a goal on his debut, even if it looked like an OG to me. 

Law says that if the ball is going on goal then it should be Suarez's goal.

(forgive me for being biased :D )
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games