LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - 12 february 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Honeymoon over then?

Over a home draw? Get real. I know you never wanted Kenny here in the first place ect....

We played alright today, a few things didn't go our way that's all. The team needs strengthening, everyone knows that but im sure once we have our 1st team fit and ready we will be fine.

???
Why are you over-reacting to a perfectly simple and legitimate question?

I don't think im over reacting. Had we lost 4-0 at home then maybe that comment could be warranted or had we not won he last 4 on the trot but otherwise your comment doesn't really make any sense mate sorry.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Without Gerard, we were terrible. TBH Wigan deserved to win as they played lovely football and a new spectator to EPL would have definitely thought Liverpool were the team in relegation battle.

I don't know whether this is KK's strategy or not but we're just too defensive in our play and gave away too many balls to opponents and just happy to whack the ball to no man's land in the opponents half esp. when we're leading. This is not the way to play in the future for a team gunning for EPL title. If KK wants to continue like this next season, I'd rather not see him continue on with the job. Maybe he's too old and doesn't have what it takes to win the EPL anymore. I hope he proves me wrong but if we're going to continue with this kind of defensive football, I'd rather not see him at the helm next season before he ruins his legendary status.

On a positive note, Meireles is still awesome and Suarez showed us all a glimpse of future world class football in the coming games.
alwayslfc

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:43 pm

fyi Sunderland are winning...

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:fyi Sunderland are winning...

Isnt that kind of good?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 pm

damjan193 wrote:

Isnt that kind of good?

its nothing either way if you ask me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yellsub66 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:51 pm

I thought we were poor today and apart from the huge positive of Suarez's all round performance , the game was two points lost. Sure we missed Gerrard, but several of our players performed poorly. Notably Maxi , Lucas and Kuyt. Kuyt in particular had a very poor game and several promising counter attacks broke down directly because of his lack of control or decisiveness. I think the guy needs to be 'rested' for a while.

As for the subs, I'm not sure why Meireles was brought off? Injury? Ngog didn't do much when he came on and Jovanovic should never wear a Liverpool shirt again! I just don't see the point in giving chances to no-mark players like him?? Why not give young Dani Pacheo a chance?

Really disappointed after the high of beating Chelsea. Okay so we didn't lose! Wigan played like a team way above their league position and Nzogbia was quality on the ball. Every time they attacked I was nervous that they would score. Every time we attacked it seemed to break down. Can't see us making 4th...shame!
yellsub66

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Isnt that kind of good?

its nothing either way if you ask me

That's one way of putting it. Another would be we clawed back a point on Spurs and are closer to 5th... just don't look at the table.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:53 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Without Gerard, we were terrible. TBH Wigan deserved to win as they played lovely football and a new spectator to EPL would have definitely thought Liverpool were the team in relegation battle.

I don't know whether this is KK's strategy or not but we're just too defensive in our play and gave away too many balls to opponents and just happy to whack the ball to no man's land in the opponents half esp. when we're leading. This is not the way to play in the future for a team gunning for EPL title. If KK wants to continue like this next season, I'd rather not see him continue on with the job. Maybe he's too old and doesn't have what it takes to win the EPL anymore. I hope he proves me wrong but if we're going to continue with this kind of defensive football, I'd rather not see him at the helm next season before he ruins his legendary status.

On a positive note, Meireles is still awesome and Suarez showed us all a glimpse of future world class football in the coming games.

:no You're seriously a wind up merchant with that kind of nonsense lad. Its one draw ffs

Not a great performance but Suarez and Merieles were good points to take away from the match. Its still a period of transition and alot of the lads are looking like they could do with a rest, especially Kuyt and Maxi (maybe hes just cack tbh)

Jovanovic is absolutely brutal, N'Gog needs a serious weights regime to buff up a bit because he is a lightweight and can be blown off the ball. Will Pacheco ever get a chance in the first team?
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Jova was terrible, can't believe there was that much hype over who he was gonna sign for when he became a free agent. His agent deserves a fkn medal.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby syma76 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Jesus some of you need anti-depressant pilla or something, this is all it takes for you to go ito despare? Still alot of positioves to take from the game although not the best  preformance of late we still played some lovely football at times. Suarez is gonna be a goal machine especially with better players around him. Miereles keep up his golden touch, Aurielo was brilliant today MOTM for me. We keep going till the end and probally created more chances in the last 10 minutes then we did in all the games under Roy. Add Carroll, Gerrard, Agger and afew marquee signings in teh summer to this team and were gonna rip this prem a new arshole. Gutted we couldnt get the 3 points but despite Wigan given us a good game i feel we were very unlucky with thier goal which was offside and Suarez hittig teh woodwork twice. 

Its still onwards and upwards YNWA

This.. :buttrock
syma76

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Since KK took over, I am happy with the scorelines but I am disappointed with our style of play. This reminds me of the Houllier's era where we were very defensive and just play to winl. This is very Un-Kenny Dalglish kind of football. Hope this will change soon.
alwayslfc

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Since KK took over, I am happy with the scorelines but I am disappointed with our style of play. This reminds me of the Houllier's era where we were very defensive and just play to winl. This is very Un-Kenny Dalglish kind of football. Hope this will change soon.

:Oo:  :Oo:  :oops:

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:33 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Since KK took over, I am happy with the scorelines but I am disappointed with our style of play. This reminds me of the Houllier's era where we were very defensive and just play to winl. This is very Un-Kenny Dalglish kind of football. Hope this will change soon.

I just think we need a bit of perspective here. Before kenny came in we were dead in the water. No belief, no chance of qualifying for the europa let alone the champs league. It is testamount to how much kenny has turned this club around to get us talking about 4th.

As for the style of play i am disappointed you think we play negatively under dalglish. With the personnel we have we have been playin much more positively constantly pushing for the 3points. I cant see how you think that is negative. In hindsight wigan was always goin to be a tough game after the emotionally and mentally sapping game at chelsea not to mention the international break. Yes we should have won the game but lets see how we react in the next game in which i am sure under kenny we will stay strong and win.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 pm

i still think about the double goal post by suarez  :angry:
Alex88

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 pm

not pleased with the result but considering the fact that we did not have Agger, Gerrard, Carroll, Cole and that we lost Meireles half way through, i shall not be greedy. Suarez was amazing. really reminds me of Tevez in terms of his style and tenacity. Ngog and Maxi were garbage. should be flogged next season and Kuyt was awful in the second half. he had a good first half though. but wow Suarez is amazing! can't stop gushing about his performance today. oh and that Wigan guy with the mask on should've been sent off btw.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games