STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 16/01/2010 12:45pm sky sports 1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

metalhead wrote:I don't think we were terrible in being outplayed or outclassed by wolves. The team that was put in today was an average team at best, the only players I can think of who is good enough is carragher and mascherano, the others are average. Similar to an average team we worked hard, kept alot of possession but did not create any chances, same as always.

We scored a total fluke, and after that we did not built on that and Rafa kept his changes until the 77th minute ??? , when we were crying for creativity.

All in all, God help us.

We played Stoke today mate not Wolves  :D

Just got in before your edit  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:27 pm

s@int wrote:Embarrassing

God help us s@int, this is one of the worst seasons I have ever encountered in my life as a Liverpool fan (I was still a child in the souness era).

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm

I genuinely feel sorry for Rafa when he's being interviewed.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:33 pm

metalhead wrote:

God help us s@int, this is one of the worst seasons I have ever encountered in my life as a Liverpool fan (I was still a child in the souness era).

:(

Its not over yet mate...we can still win the Micky Mouse cup and finish in the top 4!

BELIEVE! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm

made in UK wrote:

I think he makes matters worse trying to be "clever", better to just be honest and say what he thinks. He is representing Liverpool FC and he sometimes gives my manc mates enough ammo to blow me completely out of the water.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 pm

In fairness, we played quite well given the players we picked. You couldn't have reasonably expected a team that contained none of our recognised creative players to play good football or make too many chances. It was a team that was setup to keep it tight and try and nick something on the break, which was successful until about the final 10 min's when we ought to have done more to prevent them getting near our 18 yd box.

I thought our defence did especially well considering how shaky it's been thus far. Kyrgiakos was in his element out there (he'd slot right into that Stoke team btw). Lucas did surprisingly well considering he isn't the biggest, while most of the others did their jobs well, which was basically to put themselves about. Within the confines of our strategy, the major problem was, IMO, Ngog. He was our main striker and he couldn't hold the ball up for sh!t (or, if you like, he did nothing). It may not be his fault that he's not good enough but it was a major factor today, IMO.

Certainly if he was doing his job to a decent standard he probably would've stayed on the pitch, which, in that final 10' where Stoke were pressing for an equaliser could have helped to ease a bit of the pressure on the defence. Just imagine if Crouch were there....
LFC2007

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 pm

s@int wrote:
made in UK wrote:

I think he makes matters worse trying to be "clever", better to just be honest and say what he thinks. He is representing Liverpool FC and he sometimes gives my manc mates enough ammo to blow me completely out of the water.

You shouldn't be mates with mancs.  :D
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 pm

he should just send sammy out have done with it, all they do now is try and get a reaction out of him by repaeting the question.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:he should just send sammy out have done with it, all they do now is try and get a reaction out of him by repaeting the question.

They want a reaction from him, precisely.
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 pm

LFC2007 wrote:In fairness, we played quite well given the players we picked. You couldn't have reasonably expected a team that contained none of our recognised creative players to play good football or make too many chances. It was a team that was setup to keep it tight and try and nick something on the break, which was successful until about the final 10 min's when we ought to have done more to prevent them getting near our 18 yd box.

I thought our defence did especially well considering how shaky it's been thus far. Kyrgiakos was in his element out there (he'd slot right into that Stoke team btw). Lucas did surprisingly well considering he isn't the biggest, while most of the others did their jobs well, which was basically to put themselves about. Within the confines of our strategy, the major problem was, IMO, Ngog. He was our main striker and he couldn't hold the ball up for sh!t (or, if you like, he did nothing). It may not be his fault that he's not good enough but it was a major factor today, IMO.

Certainly if he was doing his job to a decent standard he probably would've stayed on the pitch, which, in that final 10' where Stoke were pressing for an equaliser could have helped to ease a bit of the pressure on the defence. Just imagine if Crouch were there....

Forgot to mention Ngog, he was terrible, as you said he couldn't hold up the ball, everytime he had it he lost it because of his poor first touch or he couldn't cope with the physique of the stoke defenders.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:20 pm

First time I saw ngog I knew he wasnt up to scratch.  Someone with such poor technique will never make it LFC.  The fact his #1 deputy for torres really is frightning.
puroresu

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I thought today was a step in the right direction, apart from the first 10 mins it looks like we had a bit of fire in our bellies and we looked like we wanted to fight, something that was sadly missing on Wed night.

We where unlucky not to get 3 points today
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Gutted with there goal just gutted. But i have got to say much better effort by our lads today , got stuck in and played for the shirt today. Stoke a gang of Deliala  thugs. Lucas Levia ay ay ay ,

Fecking made up with our support today best away so far this season, All stuck together , made up at half time with the reponse we gave Rafa an the lads an Rafa was made up an all, One of the best YNWA this season,

Put it this way our players looked like they could give a sh.it today an thats why im gutted , Im freezin again, oNLY dissapointment today was Kuyt , an not because of the header , He DEFFO NEEDS DROPPING , Made up for the greek who just shaded it for my man of the match from Lucas,

Pepe Riena you are a fecking loon :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 pm

didnt watch the game but seems like we didnt play that bad.. Have to say i looked at the BBC report thing before i came on here and saw possession was something like 50-50 with them having 6 attempts on goal as opposed to our 4... 10 corners for them and none for us ?!
Didnt look promising at all.. Had to take a look at the lineup and was shocking to say the least... Aquilani, Maxi and Riera on the bench in a match like this certainly a decision that needed big balls... Anyways, a point against a side we should be beating, not the end of the world... If we played well then to me thats more important than the score at this point.. Just get some confidence back and have the players look a little more interested and im sure we can go on a run and perhaps if things go our way still make the top4 this season...

Oh and nice to see ManCity and Tottenham struggle... Hope Villa do too...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 pm

We gained a point on 4th today
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games