Liverpool vs Stoke 17th Aug 12:45 ( BT Sports )

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Good team performance today, Sturridge, Lucas and Couthnino were all very good. Still issues defensively, looking shaky at set pieces and Mignolet was all over the place at the start of the game, but we got through in the end. We really need to be more clinical going forward though, that was the sort of game we should have won comfortably but we were hanging on at the end a little. Overall though very pleasing the way the team played as unit and the their was some excellent play going forwards, onward and upwards!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Mignolet pointing to the corner flag; 'there's still a job needs doing'. Love it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Toure looked very good. I think he'll prove a few haters wrong.
Lucas looked as though he was back to his best which incidentally imo was under Dalglish.
AND
MIGNOLET wow what a save right at the death.  :D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Can't believe we haven't won our starting fixture in 6 years! Who knows, our luck might change this season. It was a great performance until around the time when Aspas came off. We seemed like we lost fuel and we didn't have control of the game. We were very unlucky not so score more but we were lucky we didn't concede too. If it wasn't for Mignolet, we would have had a conversation that is very familiar to all of us. I have a lot more to say but I'll stop here :D.

Lucas, Mignolet and Toure (surprised about him) are the players worth mentioning. And Sturridge of course, for the goal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 pm

happy days 3 points and top of the pile  :buttrock
1.0 is always a tricky lead and thank fook mingy kept it at that with a fine penalty save. what a way to make a name for yourself in your home debut.
again we had numerous chances to kill this off but we just lacked that final composure so hopefully we can improve on that with match fitness.
good game for mignolet, toure and aspas who is already looking twice the player borini is.
onwards and upwards  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:20 pm

That gif is really cool.  Love how the whole team celebrated for him and He did a bit but than is the first one telling the lads to get back to the task at hand.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Blimey that was nervy , controlled most of the game , look very fluid up front but missed a number of chances with the woodwork coming into play and some good keeping from Begovic. Looked very nervous at the back , some flaps from Mignolet which they nearly capitalised from and the whole back 4 look very nervous and shakey throughout, just didnt look in control , very silly yellow from Toure. Great finish from Sturridge and Mignolet redeemed himself with a great save at the end. Good three points in the bag to start with but a lot of work especially at the back is needed.

P.s - Coutinho is amazing
Benny The Noon

Postby Kukilon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Sweet with a win;). Going to watch the game later.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Nothing like a near heart attack to open the season :)
Really liked the way we looked,their is attacking purpose in the way we play ,deep ,accurate passes ,a lot of movement from the 2nd line into the box and plenty of chances.

Set pieces still a problem for the defense but for a change our set pieces are just as dangerous. We still need to show more for the amount of chances we produce ,Yes Begovic was Huge but their were also some sloppy finishing.

The whole team played Great ,Par Enrique which looks a bit out of focus. Mignoulet with 2 amazing saves recovered from his shaky start. Was great seeing Gerard put a good ole' performance again.

It was a great mental win for the guys.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

:laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:12 pm

everton down a goal to Norwich. Arsenal drawing with Villa.  :D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Delighted with the win but a bit disappointed with that performance to be honest.
Once again we struggled in the final third, finishing was poor and some poor decision making.
Looked fairly poor at the back too.  They hit the bar, missed a pen and had a chance cleared off the line.  We looked dodgy everytime they came forward.
Almost shot ourselves in the foot.

Happy to win but much more work to be done if we are to get involved in the hunt for top 4.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Lucas MOM... Toure did well and Henderson down the right flank tucking in defensively ... Coutinho and Aspas showed glimpses but don't look match fit for me for whatever reason... As a unit we still have some problems defensively; we started off the game pretty well with the whole side pressing Stoke from higher up, and Lucas bossing in the middle recycling everything... as the game wore on, we pressed less and this early on we can put it down to fitness.

Overall, it was a let of when it should have been much more comfortable. 3 points the most important thing.... bring on the next lot.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Weekend's getting better. Arsenal losing at home 1-3. Can't understand why Suarez wanted to go to play for that lot.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games