STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm

36% possession against stoke just about sums it up. utterly pathetic. the sad thing is, you could see it coming from a mile away.

there's so much wrong with the team i don't know where to start.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:btw, you're born in Merseyside? which part? cause you sound and behave like a bitter  :;):

I was yes I was born in Everton and yes maybe a am behaving like a bitter as I can see us being like everton in the near future if the budgie hangs around.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Another fun afternoon on newkit going down I see.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:Another fun afternoon on newkit going down I see.

lol..are you further north than me? I'm Wembley, wanna see who the better fan is  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 pm

dawson99 wrote:

lol..are you further north than me? I'm Wembley, wanna see who the better fan is  :D

I'm in south america so I've got no chance against you northern boys!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Reg wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I'm in south america so I've got no chance against you northern boys!

Wool  :rasp   :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:

Will play for the title on Black Ops, my server name is - ROOT.EXTREME
:D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Sabre wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The problem is that we had club turmoil in 2008-2009 but still managed put in our best ever Premier League performance. If the players and manager were "severely affected" by T&T's ownership then how is that accounted for in 2008-2009?

Your post is fair enough.

And to answer your question until that season I saw a progressive build up of the team, and we took the results of the investment of having Alonso, Torres, Reina, Gerrard and Mascherano. Names that play where they play, top clubs, and makes you succeed.

But I'm afraid the money we didn't see from T&T is the top of the iceberg only, what we can see.

I'm fine with that insofar as the financial position of the club went. But it was a fallacy to use the owners' relative lack of investment in the team to obscure the fact that the manager had the opportunity to replace Alonso, to get a proper left back, to buy a proper winger, and to get a second striker - but failed. When Roy stepped through the door, such bullsh!t fallacies went out of fashion and that explains why, when criticising the signings of Poulsen and Konchesky, the net spend constraint was no longer referenced - despite costing peanuts compared to, say, Keane or Aquilani.

On the other point, by "dodgy" managers, I meant unreliable or unpredictable, not morally corrupt.
LFC2007

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:03 pm

The players played very slow yesterday, not just with their legs, but with their mind.  Our game was timid and constipated and everyone knows the players can play better than the last two games show.  Football is not rocket science, yet our play was stilted as if we were going though calculations to make a pass, horrible to watch but I imagine even worse to play.  The best football is free-flowing, the antithesis of what is going on at LFC at the mo.    :down:
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 pm

As far as the tactics were concerned, much like when we played there the last couple of seasons I thought they were bitterly disappointing. Stoke's whole set up is done with the launch in mind, be it from the goalkeeper, from the defenders or from Delap. The two front men are aggressive headers and attackers of the football, while the midfielders are marathon men who get underneath the flight of it.

It seems to me that if you decide to play the same as them, there is only going to be one winner. Surely the way to play against it is to keep the football, frustrate them, have them chasing shadows and make use of the fact you are better footballers. Yes they are going to chase and harry, but provided you use your head, keep cool, don't hoof it etc they'll soon run out of steam.

We didn't do that, just like the last couple of visits there we conceded posession far too easily, and paid the price for it. That's three unsuccessful visits there on the bounce now, and our record there is indicative of our lack of quality.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:27 pm

bigmick wrote:As far as the tactics were concerned, much like when we played there the last couple of seasons I thought they were bitterly disappointing. Stoke's whole set up is done with the launch in mind, be it from the goalkeeper, from the defenders or from Delap. The two front men are aggressive headers and attackers of the football, while the midfielders are marathon men who get underneath the flight of it.

It seems to me that if you decide to play the same as them, there is only going to be one winner. Surely the way to play against it is to keep the football, frustrate them, have them chasing shadows and make use of the fact you are better footballers. Yes they are going to chase and harry, but provided you use your head, keep cool, don't hoof it etc they'll soon run out of steam.

We didn't do that, just like the last couple of visits there we conceded posession far too easily, and paid the price for it. That's three unsuccessful visits there on the bounce now, and our record there is indicative of our lack of quality.

we don't have the players that can pass it around and frustrate such team, unfortunately
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:00 pm

metalhead wrote:
bigmick wrote:As far as the tactics were concerned, much like when we played there the last couple of seasons I thought they were bitterly disappointing. Stoke's whole set up is done with the launch in mind, be it from the goalkeeper, from the defenders or from Delap. The two front men are aggressive headers and attackers of the football, while the midfielders are marathon men who get underneath the flight of it.

we don't have the players that can pass it around and frustrate such team, unfortunately

We did/do...

Im certain the likes of Gerrard, Meireles, Babel, Maxi, Torres and even Kuyt are capable of playing fluid attacking football if the manager allows them the freedom to do so... That game against Stoke was unfortunately a perfect demonstration of the incompetence of Roy Hodgson as a manager of a top club... His initial setup was wrong and he yet again failed to react to the game in due time..

Another thing to consider (and it kills me to yet again mention this knowing Rocky will probably comment on it) is the fact that we had a certain Alberto Aquilani in our ranks and we rashly loaned him out to Juventus... What he offers the side is assurance in possession which is something we've missed this season for whatever reason...

Its all well and good blaming Rafa for an admittedly flawed squad, but im sure under a better manager the resources we have would have been better utilized...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Na mate, not with Babel and Kuyt. Especially Kuyt, when he has the ball we usually lose our momentum because either he lets his first touch down and loses the ball or he misplaces the pass. He isn't quick in his passing like Maxi or Meireles, so he tends to hold it up which slows our momentum a bit as well. As for Babel, he is a selfish player, he doesn't pick a pass or PASS the ball, his decision making is awful and he usually shoots rather than pass the ball.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:25 am

metalhead wrote:Na mate, not with Babel and Kuyt. Especially Kuyt, when he has the ball we usually lose our momentum because either he lets his first touch down and loses the ball or he misplaces the pass. He isn't quick in his passing like Maxi or Meireles, so he tends to hold it up which slows our momentum a bit as well. As for Babel, he is a selfish player, he doesn't pick a pass or PASS the ball, his decision making is awful and he usually shoots rather than pass the ball.

I wonder how Kuyt can get into an attacking Holland team and not look out of place.  :glare:
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby mkingdom » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:58 am

Perhaps Roy has been sent to us by SAF to make sure Manure get to 19 first???

Trouble is, we have West Ham at home next, and as Roy is only allergic to winning away games, my bet is we beat them by a few goals, and the "crisis" is averted for another few days.

If Roy stays we are going to have a full season of one step forward and three back....basically, winning some/most home games and drawing and losing away.

Time to act now to give the new mamager six weeks to evaluate the squad before January.

With new owners we now need a long term manager, not someone two years from retirement.  By all means appoint Kenny for the rest of the season whilst the search is conducted.
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games