LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - 12 february 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

ethanr wrote:I just love when the result comes down to the refs poor decisions.  Their offside goal.  The refs refusal to send of Caldwell.. Absolute bull.

Like Ancellotti said last week, if you are blaming referee decisions for the result you didn't play well enough to win.

BTW Raul took a knock and Agger took one on International duty (this is in reply to the post above yours)
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

They didnt deserve anything, they had an offside goal and they fecking killed Suarez out there, some one should have been sent off. We needed and deserved the 3 points.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Aurielo was brilliant today MOTM for me.

Are you for real? I thought he was utterly dreadful. He looks like a player who we released and then had to begrudgingly bring back to the team simply because we couldn't find anyone better. Add to that Jovanovic and Ngog - they offered us absolutely nothing. Maxi should be a stop-gap for this season only and Poulson needs to go, additionally Spearing may as well follow this lot out the door if he can't get into the team aged 22 when the midfield is thread bare.  :veryangry
Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
ethanr wrote:I just love when the result comes down to the refs poor decisions.  Their offside goal.  The refs refusal to send of Caldwell.. Absolute bull.

Like Ancellotti said last week, if you are blaming referee decisions for the result you didn't play well enough to win.

BTW Raul took a knock and Agger took one on International duty (this is in reply to the post above yours)

Well I disagree with Mr. Ancelotti.  Maybe not when it comes to the game we just played... but look at last year away to Porto.

Haha I've played/coached many games and very often we played much better and should have won or the other way round and the undeserving team won because of refs...  In America, they use the American football refs who don't actually know the rules  :D

Still angry.  Completley ruined my day and it's only 9:15 in the morning.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Honeymoon over then?

Over a home draw? Get real. I know you never wanted Kenny here in the first place ect....

We played alright today, a few things didn't go our way that's all. The team needs strengthening, everyone knows that but im sure once we have our 1st team fit and ready we will be fine.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Well Red wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Aurielo was brilliant today MOTM for me.

Are you for real? I thought he was utterly dreadful. He looks like a player who we released and then had to begrudgingly bring back to the team simply because we couldn't find anyone better. Add to that Jovanovic and Ngog - they offered us absolutely nothing. Maxi should be a stop-gap for this season only and Poulson needs to go, additionally Spearing may as well follow this lot out the door if he can't get into the team aged 22 when the midfield is thread bare.  :veryangry

And what does Dani Pacheco have to do to get into the team?? Shelvey, Ngog and Kelly are having their chances, so I really feel for the guy. If he's not going to be given a chance in this awful season where we're clearly not going to finish Top Four and should instead be blooding youngsters in, then we may as well put his talent first and let him leave and go to a team who will play him.  :veryangry
Last edited by Well Red on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:19 pm

metalhead wrote:
crim cram wrote:I'm scratching my head at many of the tactical decisions today.  Why Maxi?  Why take RM off?  Why Skrtel and not Agger?  We sat back and were tentative.

Roy Redux  :(

???

Agger has a knock, Meireles I think took a knock because he went down the tunnel with the physio after he was subbed off.

Fair enough, but we still sat back and looked a bit unsure going forward.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm

A Sunderland win would drop us to 7th but we would be a point closer to 5th. :O

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Eh...unlucky game, but a relatively fair result given how well Wigan played at times and how worn out many of our players looked. Several of them were really off their passing game today (Kuyt and Johnson in particular) and the whole team looked to have run out of steam around halftime and seemed to have stopped taking the game seriously for a period of time. With a bit more luck the result could have easily been 3-0 us...but whatever. Consider also the fact that Wigan have a lot more to play for than we do.

Positives to take from the match:
• Suarez looks to be potentially every bit as good as he who-shall-not-be-named. His creativity is fantastic, his passing is good (though he definitely seemed to lose his edge as the game went on), and he was just inches off of two fairly spectacular goals. You have to love the enthusiasm, too, not to mention his uncanny foul-drawing ability (though the one that got Alcazar the yellow could have gone down as a dive IMO).
• As an above poster said, under Roy we would have been utterly dejected after Wigan's goal and probably let in another. This time, we looked every bit like scoring a late winner.
• Carragher had a fantastic game and didn't look at all like the old man he is.  :laugh:
• Kelly continues to thoroughly impress.

Negatives:
Aurelio's shooting. Glen Johnson's passing. Jovanovic's...everything.
cptrios

Postby Alex88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:A Sunderland win would drop us to 7th but we would be a point closer to 5th. :O

i want 4th place  :buttrock
Alex88

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm

I don't know why many of you commented Lvp played well. We played lousy football. Wigan played well esp in 1st half when they had most of the possession and played lovely football. To be blunt they deserved a win and made Lvp looked like a relegating team. Without Gerard, Lvp seemed below par. After Meireles was gone, we were in trouble and I knew they would score eventually.

I don't know whether this is KK's intention or not but I still find Lvp too defensive and give every opponents  too much possession and too much space on the left and right flanks. This is not the way to manage a team that is going to challenge for the title.

If we're going to play this kind of football again next season, KK would better leave and don't spoil his legendary status but I thank him for getting us out of relegation battle. He is still a legend to me but maybe he's too old and doesn't have what it takes in today's modern game. Forget about qualifying for CL. I hope it is only that we're a team still recovering from lack of confidence and he will prove me wrong.

On a positive note, Meireles has been outstanding and Suarez showed some world class play. We should see a lot of goals from him in future.
alwayslfc

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Alex88 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:A Sunderland win would drop us to 7th but we would be a point closer to 5th. :O

i want 4th place  :buttrock

And I want to wake up next to Jessica Alba each morning :D

To get 4th we need some luck in Spurs and Chelsea slipping up. But on top of that we need to win our home games, if we don't do that then forget about it. As good as we played today we should have won. Im gutted tbh, but the break with the FA cup next weekend will do us some good. The international break essentially knocked us out of our stride, put a dent in the momentum. 

I HATE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES AND SEPP BLATTER. Seriously they should be :censored: banned unless it's in the summer after the season is over.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:And I want to wake up next to Jessica Alba each morning :D

ahahhah me too :p

yes, we need luck... and we don't have luck... but i belive it.

I HATE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES AND SEPP BLATTER.

i agree.
Alex88

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Honeymoon over then?

Over a home draw? Get real. I know you never wanted Kenny here in the first place ect....

We played alright today, a few things didn't go our way that's all. The team needs strengthening, everyone knows that but im sure once we have our 1st team fit and ready we will be fine.

???
Why are you over-reacting to a perfectly simple and legitimate question?
Thommo's perm

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:39 pm

its nice to be asking if the honeymoon is over.... 4 wins and a draw, we woulda taken that 5 games ago. Yeah wasnt perfect, but we're moving in the right direction
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games