LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Should have never got rid of Riera.  We are missing him so bad right now.

I wouldn't have got rid of him either if it was me. He was a good footballer, and when things aren't going well having a couple of those always seems to help.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:18 pm

mart wrote:
Simari wrote:Roy is a genuinely good and kind man.

Who cares? I know many good and kind men that should not manage Liverpool. Should we give them all a try? It reeks of desperation when thats the best thing you can say about a football manager.

:D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm

mart wrote:
Simari wrote:Roy is a genuinely good and kind man.

Who cares? I know many good and kind men that should not manage Liverpool. Should we give them all a try? It reeks of desperation when thats the best thing you can say about a football manager.

It's not really important in terms of judging how good a manager is. We spent years being told that Benitez was a good man, understood the fans and all that, but it's results that count.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:23 pm

bigmick wrote:It's easy though sometimes, too easy in fact, to lump it all on one player when the whole team, system and formation is malfunctioning.

You and quite a lot of others in here have been more than happy enough to blame it on Kuyt, Lucas, Rafa, zonal marking, rotation, hodgson, poulsen or whatever the latest scapegoat is.

Rafa had to go but the club needs a real fresh start and that wont happen with the current owners.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:28 pm

mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's easy though sometimes, too easy in fact, to lump it all on one player when the whole team, system and formation is malfunctioning.

You and quite a lot of others in here have been more than happy enough to blame it on Kuyt, Lucas, Rafa, zonal marking, rotation, hodgson, poulsen or whatever the latest scapegoat is.

Rafa had to go but the club needs a real fresh start and that wont happen with the current owners.

I agree with your second sentence but not the first. Please don't accuse me of being anti zonal-marking, I've had countless arguments with people on here about it and have been one of its biggest advocates. Similarly, I have ALWAYS said that a football team is the sum of hundreds of little factors, get too many of them wrong and it will have an effect on the whole.

I thought the principle reason for our underachievement last season was the utilisation of the Lucas/Masherano axis, but there were many other factors.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:15 pm

I am really concerned about Reina since Roys arrived over the years hes never hardly had anything to do, now his nerves are shot he's all over the place and his confidence is shot to pieces.
Hes no longer our sweeper he is coming out of the box an awful lot I dont like it one bit.
Hes one of the best keepers in the world but he's looking very very shakey this season.

Do we have a goal keeping coach? Or is it roy and his man from Fulham? Our coach that left was excellent and Reina oozed confidence with his coaching he doesnt look like the same goal keeper anymore. This is a major worry he deserves better than this.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Should have never got rid of Riera.  We are missing him so bad right now.

really? don't agree there, if you went to the bolton game last season at home, you would know that everyone that day was p1ssed off with his attitude! he would wait for the ball to come to him every time, instead of going an meeting the ball especially when we were on the attack.

when we didn't have the ball he just hugged the touch line,not interested in what was going on around him. he was a lazy player, who just shugged his shoulders when a pass he had to bust a gut to make,blamed the player who was nearest to him. i don't miss him one bit, to inconsistant & wasn't prepared to fight for his place - reminds me of babel in so many ways,that i sincerly hope he follows the likes of riera out of the exit door come january imho.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Xavi Valero? Yeah he was good, Jose Ochotorena was good too.

The website doesn't say who it is now. John Achterberg is the ressie GK coach. I guess it must be John McMahon?
Last edited by tubby on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Ciggy wrote:I am really concerned about Reina since Roys arrived over the years hes never hardly had anything to do, now his nerves are shot he's all over the place and his confidence is shot to pieces.
Hes no longer our sweeper he is coming out of the box an awful lot I dont like it one bit.
Hes one of the best keepers in the world but he's looking very very shakey this season.

Do we have a goal keeping coach? Or is it roy and his man from Fulham? Our coach that left was excellent and Reina oozed confidence with his coaching he doesnt look like the same goal keeper anymore. This is a major worry he deserves better than this.

fair point ciggy, but you don't become a bad keeper overnight!
an i still say that if it wasn't for pepe we would have been well beaten by birmingham, don't you agree? he was awsome that day- 2 world class saves he made that day,wasn't just motm material, but reminded me how important he is to the side,when we are failing to cut out crosses on a regular basis. so i wouldn't question his nerves just yet.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Terrible ,just fu.cking terrible. an if anyone trys telling me Poulson was a good buy . get to fu.cking spec savers
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:04 pm

7 passes to Torres today no wonder he got booked out of sheer frustration he will be off in january if we are not sold and results dont pick up.

Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:18 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Terrible ,just fu.cking terrible. an if anyone trys telling me Poulson was a good buy . get to fu.cking spec savers

He was dogsh!t today was made up when he went off.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Just got back from the game.

Has a slash next to asamoah gyan on the way home in the service station, before he feasted on a kfc!!

Did anyone stay for the protest? I stayed in anfield road and after about 10 minutes, i could hear some of the stewards saying to eachother "lts get them to leave, i would like to get home today" etc....
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:I am really concerned about Reina since Roys arrived over the years hes never hardly had anything to do, now his nerves are shot he's all over the place and his confidence is shot to pieces.

Any blind man could see the reason for Reina's lapses or continued need to come out is our defensive frailties.

Unfortunately Ciggy your lack of first hand knowledge (I.e. Actually playing the game competitively) puts you at a disservice. Like it was said before, you don't become bad overnight certainly not since a new coach has come.

Reina's moments of lapses have been no more prevalent that others.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:31 pm

europian-kings wrote:Just got back from the game.

Has a slash next to asamoah gyan on the way home in the service station, before he feasted on a kfc!!

Did anyone stay for the protest? I stayed in anfield road and after about 10 minutes, i could hear some of the stewards saying to eachother "lts get them to leave, i would like to get home today" etc....

I thought it was a good stay behind , i left about a ten past five , me hands are sore from clapping :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games