LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby europian-kings » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
europian-kings wrote:Just got back from the game.

Has a slash next to asamoah gyan on the way home in the service station, before he feasted on a kfc!!

Did anyone stay for the protest? I stayed in anfield road and after about 10 minutes, i could hear some of the stewards saying to eachother "lts get them to leave, i would like to get home today" etc....

I thought it was a good stay behind , i left about a ten past five , me hands are sore from clapping :laugh:

:D
You notice stevie and carra were applauding the chants.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Horrible to watch this today, very depressing, because of the lack of quality and heart around them, even our decent players look lost - I think if we finally do manage to get it right we have a decent team on our hands here, Meireles looks a very tidy player, Cole does, Stevie, I really like our attack, and if they can click we can maybe get some sort of run going, however, Poulsen isnt good enough for the EPL closed down to quickly and hes a more patient "i want time kind of player" which he will never get here in the Premier league.

I want wingers, and i want half of our squad to feck off, above everything a Liverpool team should have gusto and heart and try their bol**cks off till the 96th minute, if we lost like that I wouldnt mind too much because you know they have tried, today, for most of it they looked like they couldnt be arsed.

Roys tactics? I really dont think he has any, I wanted to give him a chance and he will get it, but the lack of heart from the man on the bench is even worse, not to mention the horrible sit back and defend once we have a goal attitude :(

Hating this at the minute.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:23 am

Caught the highlights on MOTD. Not much goalmouth action it seemed. A couple of half chances for Torres and Cole in the second half, and Agger's header in the dying minutes was about the sum of it. The pen was just one of them things but their second was more preventable. Onuoha had far too much space to get the cross in and Johnson did absolutely nothing to stop Bent getting on the end of it. Hard to comment on individual performances and tactics when you're yet to see the whole thing, tbh, but I can at least say that we should be creating a whole lot more than we did.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:49 am

europian-kings wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
europian-kings wrote:Just got back from the game.

Has a slash next to asamoah gyan on the way home in the service station, before he feasted on a kfc!!

Did anyone stay for the protest? I stayed in anfield road and after about 10 minutes, i could hear some of the stewards saying to eachother "lts get them to leave, i would like to get home today" etc....

I thought it was a good stay behind , i left about a ten past five , me hands are sore from clapping :laugh:

:D
You notice stevie and carra were applauding the chants.

Yes nate a little Thums up from Fernando as he was leaving an all. That cheeky bas,tard purslow popped his head out abut went back in, Bigger better and ;ouder next week,

An im goinh to bef i had a sleepin tablet before it kicks in
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 am

I was there yesterday, cannot believe Hodgson's after match comment. "we dominated the game and created lots of chances", is he having a laugh? We were outplayed by a Sunderland team with a few injuries and we didn't have a decent shot on goal for 60-65 minutes!

Johnson is a sorry excuse for a footballer, absolutely pitiful he was, slow, gave the ball away, hopeless.
Miereles I felt a bit sorry for as he played in about 4 different positions, Cole showed some neat touches but drifted in and out of the game, Gerrard never really got hold of the midfield until 20 or so minutes left.

I can't believe after the money spent, Aqua - £20m, Johnson - £17m and more we haven't got ONE player capable of offering any width at all, it's a joke.

Torres looked flat and his first touch at times poor.

Skrtel had a decent game I thought, my MOTM.

Referee didn't give us a thing after the first goal and lost any control of the game after that.

Owners? sure there are major problems, but the players HAVE to do better.

NB - cannot believe some of the Riera comments, a very average player at best.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:49 am

Johnny Boy wrote:I was there yesterday, cannot believe Hodgson's after match comment. "we dominated the game and created lots of chances", is he having a laugh? We were outplayed by a Sunderland team with a few injuries and we didn't have a decent shot on goal for 60-65 minutes!

Johnson is a sorry excuse for a footballer, absolutely pitiful he was, slow, gave the ball away, hopeless.
Miereles I felt a bit sorry for as he played in about 4 different positions, Cole showed some neat touches but drifted in and out of the game, Gerrard never really got hold of the midfield until 20 or so minutes left.

I can't believe after the money spent, Aqua - £20m, Johnson - £17m and more we haven't got ONE player capable of offering any width at all, it's a joke.

Referee didn't give us a thing after ther first goal and lost any control of the game after that.

Agree with almost every word - good summary. Agree particularly about Skrtel, was it the start of 2 seasons ago he had a long-run and looked superb then he injured his knee? Also about Johnson, he's looking worse and worse - hopefully Kuyt being back and getting fitter will settle him down. He's doing these lobbed passes over opposition players at the minute that are very hard for our players to control, I wish he'd stop it.

Only thing I would say is - I know it's early but I'm not convinced by Meireles.
Also Poulsen's handball was completely unneccessary. But, it's far too early to judge either of them.
Last edited by fivecups on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 am

fivecups wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I was there yesterday, cannot believe Hodgson's after match comment. "we dominated the game and created lots of chances", is he having a laugh? We were outplayed by a Sunderland team with a few injuries and we didn't have a decent shot on goal for 60-65 minutes!

Referee didn't give us a thing after ther first goal and lost any control of the game after that.

Agree with almost every word - good summary. Agree particularly about Skrtel, was it the start of 2 seasons ago he had a long-run and looked superb then he injured his knee? Also about Johnson, he's looking worse and worse - hopefully Kuyt being back and getting fitter will settle him down. He's doing these lobbed passes over opposition players at the minute that are very hard for our players to control, I wish he'd stop it.

Only thing I would say is - I know it's early but I'm not convinced by Meireles.
Also Poulsen's handball was completely unneccessary. But, it's far too early to judge either of them.

Yes mate it's definitely too early to judge Miereles and Poulsen, to be honest I would have preffered the money on one of them to be spent on a wide player.

I am also not convinced by Jovanovic, that said there were question marks against most of them yesterday so it's hard to blame the new players.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am

We could have done better with Alonso, Masch and Benny, thats for sure. Lose your best players, be a mid-table team.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:10 am

Referee didn't give us a thing after the first goal and lost any control of the game after that.

Riera had his faults, but he sure as hell offered more than our current wide players.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Not good enough - got out of jail with a point - could of easily been down to ten men , should of had another penalty against us and fortunate with first goal .
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Not good enough - got out of jail with a point -  could of easily been down to ten men , should of had another penalty against us and fortunate with first goal .

Keep keeping the faith mate  :laugh: .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Not good enough - got out of jail with a point - could of easily been down to ten men , should of had another penalty against us and fortunate with first goal .

Your bias is showing.. unbelievable :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Instead of attacking me actually discuss both points you have highlighted
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Instead of attacking me actually discuss both points you have highlighted

You know, Benny, on the one hand that's fair enough but it might help if you did the same.  You know, explain in some detail why you think they should have had a second penalty or Gerrard should have been sent off rather than firing off the one liners.  Proper football discussion requires considered analysis from all participants.  Maybe if you explained your perspective more in a few posts rather than popping up with one line posts all over the shop people might have more respect for your position and consider discussing it in more detail?  Just a suggestion.  :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Instead of attacking me actually discuss both points you have highlighted

I'm not attacking you mate, I'm laughing at you :laugh:.

You weren't actually being serious were you  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games