Sunderland vs Liverpool 15 SEPT 2012 17:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:I don't envisage many teams will return from The Stadium Of Light with maximum points ,Martin O'Neil has his team well drilled ,and although not
pleasant on the eye it will prove effective . As for Rodgers well at least the man is sticking to his principles and playing in the fashion he believes
will eventually prove fruitful ,I actually thought we played some lovely one touch football and are slowly starting to dictate possession with our passing.

I honestly believe Rodgers will definitely get this right if he is afforded patience and the time to force home his style of play ,lets face it the man seems
resolute in retaining the same formation and shape so its looking promising in that respect.

YNWA

the thing is though mate swansea had trouble converting possession into goals and at the moment we are having the same trouble ourselves.
for all the talk of total football our 3 goals have come right out of the stoke city handbook, 2 have them were from set pieces and the third was a scrappy goal after a defensive error by titus bramble, if we had to solely rely on `barcelona style` passing to open teams up we wouldnt have a single goal in 4 games.
whatever formation, system or philosophy you use, wether you play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or use a christmas tree formation or whatever, wether you hoof the ball downfield or wether you knock it around like the 1970 brazil side it is all a means to an end, the idea of the game is to stick the ball in the opposition`s net and at the moment we arent doing that.

Give it time mate we've still got the likes of Assaidi ,and to a lesser extent Sahin and maybe Yesil to be drafted in ,ffs mate if anything us over 40s should
be showing the kids and the next generation of supporters that patience is key when following this glorious club . We all know given time and a bit more perseverance  Rodgers could be a fucking legend in charge of the reds ..It might even be worth a season in the wilderness just to formulate a team
that will put us back into contention for the major honours .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

your right mate he could be the second coming of bill shankly but he could also be a young manager out of his depth (at this point in his career anyway).
personally mate i dont think we can afford any more seasons in the wilderness, not if we want to hold onto our best players.
then again the way the club were trotting out the `every player has his price` mantra during the summer i dont think the club would be too bothered if we cashed in on the likes of suarez and agger. infact i think thats the road the club wants to go down in the future.
get big money for our star players and promote young players from our U21`s, thats the arsenal way and i think thats the blueprint FSG are using for our future.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:03 pm wrote:your right mate he could be the second coming of bill shankly but he could also be a young manager out of his depth (at this point in his career anyway).
personally mate i dont think we can afford any more seasons in the wilderness, not if we want to hold onto our best players.
then again the way the club were trotting out the `every player has his price` mantra during the summer i dont think the club would be too bothered if we cashed in on the likes of suarez and agger. infact i think thats the road the club wants to go down in the future.
get big money for our star players and promote young players from our U21`s, thats the arsenal way and i think thats the blueprint FSG are using for our future.

We've probably seen the redmen win every major honour in the game between us lad ,its time we remembered how hard the fight was to put us there in
the first place. I mean as long as we still play good football the rest will eventually fall into place ,I think Rodgers just wants us to keep the same template regardless of what personnel arrive or leave ....I just believe this season (although one of transformation) has a better feel to it than the pessimists would
have you believe .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm

We just need to sign a clinical finisher and then we'll be well on our way up the table. I'm not frustrated with how we are performing, I'm frustrated with our constant squandering of guilt-edge chances which is costing us vital points. 2 points from 12 is a poor return.
Boxscarf

Postby The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm wrote: I'm not frustrated with how we are performing,.

I am.
We are not as controlling in these games, or as dominant as people are saying. We have played Ok, not brilliant.

People are saying we should have beat City, but they had 65% of posession. Yesterday was about 50/50. We certainly were not dominant.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 pm

The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm wrote: I'm not frustrated with how we are performing,.

I am.
We are not as controlling in these games, or as dominant as people are saying. We have played Ok, not brilliant.

People are saying we should have beat City, but they had 65% of posession. Yesterday was about 50/50. We certainly were not dominant.

seriously.
other than the result we battered them and if it wasnt for our own shortcomings in front of goal the score would reflect that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Other than the result ?!

The result is all that matters.
Benny The Noon

Postby andy_g » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 pm

The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 pm wrote:

I am.

we had 66% possession and 23 attempts on goal.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games