Sunderland vs Liverpool 15 SEPT 2012 17:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:49 pm

mart » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm wrote:
When playing for uruguay he has top class players around him. They have a number of players that the defense has to worry about.

That further illustrates my point.
Boxscarf

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Thank god we didn't lose....

Gotta to let these stuff off my chest

1)Borini - He might come good eventually...but he is not good at the moment...I hope BR quit playing him at every instance. We should bring him on as a substitute until he gets to speed with this league

2)Gerrard - He can do a decent job as a central midfielder...but is that enough ? Wouldn't it be better if gerrard was upfront with suarez instead of borini ?

3)Our football - It is too freckin predictable. Thats why the opposition defence and the gk can antispate what we are gonna do.  There is no cutting edge to our game. Its as if we have become the new arsenal. No-one apart from shelvey is trying long shots. The others seem to want to walk the ball into the net.

4)BR - He has a huge job on his hands. The premierleague has become stronger from last season. And our squad has become weaker (compared to last season (IMO))....So we are in a real danger of being a 12th to 18th placed team this season. Instead of answering every freckin question the press asks him and talking about his philosophy about football, hope BR keeps the yapping to the press to a minimum. Get us up to a champions league place...and then u can go to the press.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm

wasn't too keen on the starting line up. Played like I thought we would, scuffed 6 chances, then they scored!

Borini and Sterling must be real pals with Brendan Rodgers to be starting every game.

Shelvey, non existant.   Suarez, one of our better players but he can't win games on his own.

The rest.......4/10 only.

Probably our worst start to a season for 70 years or something. Check it out.  :no
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:49 pm

The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:12 pm wrote:wasn't too keen on the starting line up. Played like I thought we would, scuffed 6 chances, then they scored!

Borini and Sterling must be real pals with Brendan Rodgers to be starting every game.

Shelvey, non existant.   Suarez, one of our better players but he can't win games on his own.

Probably our worst start to a season for 70 years or something. Check it out.  :no

our worst start since 1911
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:49 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:12 pm wrote:wasn't too keen on the starting line up. Played like I thought we would, scuffed 6 chances, then they scored!

our worst start since 1911

Cool. Only 101 years. Does this mean the Brendan Rodgers way of playing is sexy football?  ???
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Just got back. Considering what the club has been through this week I'm not going to whinge and moan. We were by far the better team, especially in the second half. We still severely lack a cutting edge though and it's relatively worrying that a 17 year old kid is our best player right now. Other than that, Johnson was our other best attacking player.

The signs were encouraging though. At least we showed character today after going behind completely against the run of play again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:25 pm

I wish the moaning negative cu'nts would fu'ck off. Seriously, if youve got nothing good to say then shut the fu'ck up please
We were far the better team today and except for our inability in front of goal and one slip up at the back we would have won. I personally cant wait for them fu'ckers next week
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Can someone kick this WUM out?

Seriously try at least to be subtle.

What did Sterling do wrong? You don't rate?

I'd love to see you spout your opinions in public
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 pm wrote:

Can someone kick this WUM out?

Seriously try at least to be subtle.

What did Sterling do wrong? You don't rate?

I'd love to see you spout your opinions in public

That is purely Argumentative!!!!

I'm not Winding anyone up, I'm just saying how I see it!

We are far from playing well, and I saw the game.

You will probably start blaming the owners next!! :suspect:
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 pm

You'll be off soon son, chin up
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I expected a bit more positivity in the thread tbh. I thought we were good today, Johnson and Sterling were the standouts for me. Sterling could really be something special in a few years time, though England call ups and first team opportunities I worry about the lad when he's old enough to drink  :D

we showed a bit of character and didn't put our heads down when we conceded, though we started making loads of mistakes just after.

The away fans were great today, I was in the Sunderland end but I was singing along and the Mackems around me had some banter, fair play to them.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't try to change things a bit more and go for them, though if anyone was gonna score in the last 20 it was us.

and with regards to our worst start in however long, the fixtures haven't been too kind so just let it go and give BR time

Walk on
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm

we can't change things though, that's the problem. when downing is your main option off the bench that proves just how limited and threadbare the squad is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm wrote:we can't change things though, that's the problem. when downing is your main option off the bench that proves just how limited and threadbare the squad is.

He was really frustrating, he kept getting to the 18 yard line and f*cking it up, when he did eventually get the ball in there was nobody there.

I was hoping Sahin would have been introduced so we could have pushed Gerrard up. He really should have buried his chance, though I haven't seen it again yet
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 pm wrote:You'll be off soon son, chin up

Me ???

I think not. :laugh:
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Greavesie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm wrote:
stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm wrote:we can't change things though, that's the problem. when downing is your main option off the bench that proves just how limited and threadbare the squad is.

He was really frustrating, he kept getting to the 18 yard line and f*cking it up, when he did eventually get the ball in there was nobody there.

See, more negativity.  :ghostface:
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games