Sunderland vs Liverpool 15 SEPT 2012 17:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 am

A couple of years ago I created a match thread opener for this match by telling you all a tale about a night out we had up there, the one with the fat bird who we lobbed a kebab at. Well I've been asked to open this weekends visit to Sunderland too. Sunderland is a place I've had many a night out in both socially and with various bands over the years. Here is the story from a few seasons ago just to remind those who haven't seen it before...

Liverpool VS Sunderland

Judge started the thread back in October when we played this shower which of course led to the famous 'beachball' goal.

Hoping we'll not get too pestered by these and steadily knock 4 goals in against them. Sending them back 'oop north with their stripy scarfs trailing behind.

Had a few nights out in Sunderland. Good place to go for cheap Working Mens Club beer, then on for a kebab and a fight. Sunderland women are harder than the men. We met this lass outside the kebab shop at 3am, 'Dockyard Doris' was drunk as a skunk but still managed to muster up enough energy to shout across the road at a couple of police bobbies "awhey ya fooooking pair a pigs!".

On our way to the taxi rank she was feeling the urge for a pee so my mate said "you wanna hand?" (meaning he'd hold her kebab while she squat at the side of a hedge) "What ya gunna do like, squeeze me fooooooking head like?"
Couple of minutes later she wails "aye, a needs a sheeiite now like!" At that point we launched her kebab in her direction and ran like chuff. "arrgh ya pair a b@stads, fooooking chilli sauce on ma heeed!" Classy bird.

Best thing to come out of Sunderland?   The A19 South.

Bring it on!!

Well I can remember another night when we were up there with my band playing at a club and we'd got there an hour early and decided to have some scran. Now we used to take a few pack up butties with us to gigs just in case we couldn't find a chippy. So we're sat in the car park of this club and I said "there is a fantastic curry house around the corner, 2 minute walk away, anyone remember it from last time we came?" to which the band members all acknowledge this great curry we had, the lad who owned it was a Bradford lad and gave us extra bargees. "Lets go and have a curry lads?" I stated.

Now our bass player Dave used to get his wife to make his pack up. She'd spend ages making him ham and mustard butties and neatly wrapping them up in foil. We all lept out of the transit van and set off heading towards the best curry in the world. Dave ceremoniously announces to us all that he's fed up with butties and she can shove them up her ar$e, opens the lid of one of those huge wheely bins and throws his neatly wrapped butties in the bin.

Off we marches laughing our little socks off at Dave. We go round the corner and  the fecking curry house is shut down! "sh!t, thats a bummer. Guess we're having pack up after all" i said. "Where's Dave?" He was that hungry after the gig that he even made us stop at a petrol station for a Ginsters on the way home.

Anyway onto the match...

Image VS Image

It's been an emotional week for us all so it's only fair that the team go and spank this Sunderland side. nuff said.

sunderland 1 v 3 LFC
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm going to this, hope we spank em. I'm sitting with two of my Sunderland supporting mates and they're supremely confident. hope the lads ram it down their throats

2:1 LFC I reckon
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Greavesie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm wrote:I'm going to this, hope we spank em. I'm sitting with two of my Sunderland supporting mates and they're supremely confident. hope the lads ram it down their throats

you in the home end then? unlucky. :D

i'll be in the away end and it should be a great atmosphere with the fans singing for the 96 for 90 minutes. hopefully the team does us proud on the pitch.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm

stmichael » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm wrote:
Greavesie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm wrote:I'm going to this, hope we spank em. I'm sitting with two of my Sunderland supporting mates and they're supremely confident. hope the lads ram it down their throats

you in the home end then? unlucky. :D

i'll be in the away end and it should be a great atmosphere with the fans singing for the 96 for 90 minutes. hopefully the team does us proud on the pitch.

unfortunately yes  :D

Would be absolutely amazing to be with our fans given events in the week, should be a great occasion. Our next home game will be interesting as well, against the Mancs...

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:57 pm

I think we will lose here.

Unless luis is up for it.

They are a tough side at home
The Raven

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm

The Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:57 pm wrote:I think we will lose here.

Unless luis is up for it.

They are a tough side at home

so fook. Even if we lose it doesn't matter this weekend, because yesterday Liverpool Football Club had their best result in 23 seasons

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Hustler » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 pm

We could do with the win. Hopefully the players will be lifted and give a bit extra due to this weeks events.

2-0 LFC
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Great opener RRH!!!  I have a good feeling about this one.  I think the lads will really be up for it and not look to disappoint after this massive week for the club.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:25 pm

suso has travelled with the squad!  :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm

stmichael » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm wrote:suso has travelled with the squad!  :buttrock

Now thats some good news.

I wonder if he will get any minutes?
The Raven

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:03 pm

The Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm wrote:suso has travelled with the squad!  :buttrock
He tweeted that he was part of the 20 man squad travelling to the game and that 2 of those 20 would not make the match day squad.

Hopefully he makes the bench.

Now thats some good news.

I wonder if he will get any minutes?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Lets run em ragged boys and girls!!
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 pm

delighted if the lad gets a chance...I think he's a cracking prospect.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 pm

A 20 man squad has travelled, including Suso and Assaidi. I’m guessing the squad shapes up like this.

Reina, Jones, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Sahin, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Henderson, Suso, Downing, Assaidi, Sterling, Suarez, Borini
Eagle

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:38 pm

It's on ESPN, however, if you don't have the channel, then here are the streams....

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?mat ... art=sports

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games