LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote: However on the other side of the coin  its high time we gave the tabloids no ammunition  to mock us with ...time to engage ourselves in the siege mentality we used to use to our advantage so well ,and turn what should be a collection of very  angry players into the menace they should be displaying to all who play them .....

Absolutely 1 million per cent correct. If it eventually comes to pass that Roy doesn't do the business, let it not be said or felt that we as fans didn't give him the opportunity (and don't tell me we have so far because it's b0ll0cks talk).

Get behind the manager and stop giving laughing gas to those who wish to mock our club. It's bigger than whether or not Roy is a success, or whether or not anyone "told us so", it's about maintaining our dignity, being the best fans in the land, and proving that we ARE better than the rest, not the fecking same as them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 pm

How come you weren't following the same sentiments last season or season before when the press were ripping our manager to shreds ?! Where was the full backing of the fans then ? How come you weren't attacking the fans who mocked our previous manager !! .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:How come you weren't following the same sentiments last season or season before when the press were ripping our manager to shreds ?! Where was the full backing of the fans then ? How come you weren't attacking the fans who mocked our previous manager !! .

Because last season or the season before weren't the managers first season FFS... you are seriously on the windup
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm

So now people just support the manager until they deem he no longer deserves it OR is it not the way we have always supported the manager until they leave the club ?
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So now people just support the manager until they deem he no longer deserves it OR is it not the way we have always supported the manager until they leave the club ?

now people support the manager, but after 4 or 5 years can see a stagnation appearing.. you seem to see it after 2 games. we are meant to be the best fans in the world but on this forum we're a disgrace
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Just because I think things are bad at the moment and we are playing awful and the results reflect that I still support the manager because he is manager of the club I support and will support him until he leaves the club - just like previous managers .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 pm

We're going in circles here so I'm locking this thread.  But, as a final word, it does seem as though we are re-entering the Twilight Zone where what was deemed acceptable in the past by some people is now being criticized by those same people and what others used to consider unacceptable is now being championed as fair comment.  As I see it, the bottom line is simple: this is a football discussion board and the manager is obviously fair game for discussion.  That discussion can be full of praise or it can be highly critical but it's all fair game as long as it's not abusive (toward either the manager or other posters) or a deliberate attempt at a wind-up.  To that end, we could do without the repeated questioning of people's loyalty as well as the machine gun one-liner questioning style.  Both approaches always seem to lead to:

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games