brentford v LIVERPOOL Sat 25th Sept 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:09 am

kazza » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:58 am wrote:Say what you say about missing chances but we scored 3 goals and that is enough to win any match if the defense keeps them out, problem was we let in 3 scrappy goals and we are a team that only let in one in five matches prior. One of the goals, I think the second, their player out jumped VVD and another defender for the second ball.

The missed chances thing is more of a general point and it does have to be said if Mo makes it 4-2 it probably would have been game over. As you say though 3 goals should be more than enough to win any game of football so for all our profligacy up top the defence do have to own this one.
As I said in an earlier post I was genuinely surprised by how rattled we looked at the back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:06 pm

It was a lucky draw, the whole back four were awful especially Trent and Matip, VVD was not far either he looked so out of sort and so slow. . As for Trent, he is not a defender, rather he is a winger with awful finishing.  The backline is ought to change, there are better players on the bench.  Mane was poor again, we missed Thiago badly. What was the logic behind Klopp's change of Jones with the useless Firmino? to have three wingers on the pitch at one time, wasn't that clever at all.
If we play like this against Porto and M. City the first defeat will be guaranteed.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games