LIVERPOOL vs Southampton: Saturday 21 Sept 2013 - 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Anyway, we need to move on. Manure on Wednesday and a great chance to put put things right with a good performance and having Suarez back will be a big boost. Expect us to do a job on Sunderland to. Today was hugely disappointing however it is just one loss. Main thing is BR needs to learn from today and put things right going forward with regards to some of the tactics. I think he's tried to get a bit 'cute' with tactics after our good start and had his fingers burnt today
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm wrote:He's F'ing loving it though.

Yep I am ;)
Im not having a go at anyone for supporting the team, when have I done that?

Loving it that we're getting beat?

Or loving the fact your stating the obvious over and over that we aren't a great side (something Stevie Wonder could actually SEE) and you are "being proved right"?

Curious statement that.  ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Leave the trolls, the more you feed it the bigger it gets.

One thing I forgot to mentioned, where did our central midfielder go during offense?
A few times when our attack got blocked it fell in the center just outside the penalty and there is no one from Liverpool to pick it up..
Queer to be honest... why leave such a gap in the middle? Where are the rest of the players go?
The team has not support going forward.
To often I see one player on either left or right side running all by himself.
No support what so ever...
Thinkpad

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:50 pm

devaney » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:Disappointing... team poor and tactics even worse...at least the negos will be happy !!!

And you call me a WUM or a Troll !!!

No one will be happy to lose today - everyone should be highly ***** off with such an inept performance and you post that pile of ***** about people being happy !!
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:51 pm

That was Sh*t
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm wrote:He's F'ing loving it though.

Yep I am ;)
Im not having a go at anyone for supporting the team, when have I done that?

Loving it that we're getting beat?

Curious statement that.  ???

No, not getting beat. Its hardly FUNNY now is it Stu?
I was having fun winding others up a bit on here.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm wrote:No, not getting beat. Its hardly FUNNY now is it Stu?

Thats your idea of fun? Jesus christ that is sad.

You need to get a bird, go to tesco, grab a few bottles of wine and a pack of durex.

Mind you... I'm guessing they don't make miniture durex :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:22 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:14 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm wrote:No, not getting beat. Its hardly FUNNY now is it Stu?

Thats your idea of fun? Jesus christ that is sad.

You need to get a bird, go to tesco, grab a few bottles of wine and a pack of durex.

Mind you... I'm guessing they don't make miniture durex :;):

You really are the comedien!
I know you've got a BIG one Stu, it's a shame it's on your FOREHEAD though. ;)
At least you are unique Stu, I will grant you that.
Last edited by Hustler 2 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Tactically inept ,and starting with 4 CBs was ridiculous. I thought Southampton never looked in danger of conceding and albeit for possession stats
they pretty much controlled the game ,we have Mignolet and Sakho to thank for the scoreline not being more emphatic.

I thought Sakhos tackling was excellent throughout, but he's  just pipped to it by Mignolet who made some outstanding stops. Gerrard was abysmal
and Sturridge clearly not fit ,and if I have to see Sterling fucking flouncing around waving his arms one more time this season in a futile attempt
to regain the ball after giving it away in the first place, I will seriously weep.

What I cant believe is the respect Rodgers afforded the away team ,by starting with four CB's ,and once again his insistence on playing Gerrard for the
full 90 mins is becoming more than disconcerting.

Kelly was outstanding at RB for the u21s the other night and so too Flanagan until he was moved into the centre ,but the pick of the bunch was
Alberto ,who proved he had the invention to play the Coutinho role today if given the spot  .

The side today just needed a slight tweaking in the absence of Johnson and Coutinho not the overly cautious option of playing 4 CB's .
Martin Kelly should have started earlier so too Alberto

The walk to my car was a long one today ,made even worse being told by a lad in a blag Hugo Boss tee shirt that Lukaku had snatched it for the Bitterz  :down:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm

If that was really as poor as it sounded live on the radio, I suggest those who attended ask for their money back..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm wrote:If that was really as poor as it sounded live on the radio, I suggest those who attended ask for their money back..

yes it was ..........but it was a result waiting to happen all season....I'm worried that BR has his head buried in the sand just like some newkitters.....what looked a very favourable fixture list for the next few weeks could be disastrous if sentimentality picks the team or fails to make big decisions during the game.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Hmm reality finally caught with us I guess...if it wasn't for lady luck we Could easily be with 4 points right now...without coutinho we are totally fcked and our inability to sign another quality AM is another pathetic gamble by br similar to playing without a striker last year.

Sick and tired of managers playing roullete instead of doing the obvious ,Rafa did it with aqua BR did it with releasing Andy and now leaving a hole in the middle...

Fcking pathetic.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm wrote:Image

Tactically inept ,and starting with 4 CBs was ridiculous. I thought Southampton never looked in danger of conceding and albeit for possession stats
they pretty much controlled the game ,we have Mignolet and Sakho to thank for the scoreline not being more emphatic.

Here here!
That was a quality post.
They could have been 0-3 up easily.

Mignolet tried to dribble his way out of trouble a couple of times, and it nearly cost us.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:11 pm

supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm wrote:If that was really as poor as it sounded live on the radio, I suggest those who attended ask for their money back..

yes it was ..........but it was a result waiting to happen all season....I'm worried that BR has his head buried in the sand just like some newkitters.....what looked a very favourable fixture list for the next few weeks could be disastrous if sentimentality picks the team or fails to make big decisions during the game.

Yes good post. On paper we should be winning these games easy, but due to lack of quality, and how we have played overall, its no certainty we will beat these teams.
Southampton could have been 3-0 up at Anfield, and that to me is very worrying. :(
This as weak a team/squad as I can recall in last 20 years. Its ironic, as its our best start in the same period.
Consistency, winning repeatedly, is the compelling factor.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Well we were a bit unlucky with few players missing and a few major ref decisions going against us, but that definitely shouldn't be an excuse for the pathetic performance and result.

The players were just uninterested. Wasted possession and weren't even interested to track back. Apart from the goalie and maybe Toure, no one looked up for this one. Horrible performance.

But the one who got it wrong from the start was Rodgers. Sakho and Toure as full-backs and Aspas as number 10 was very stupid. If we didn't have any full backs available, we should have at least played Henderson as RB. With two CB's as RB's we were never going to have the needed numbers and quality support from the defense in midfield. That was one of the main reasons we lacked creativity and movement. The other reason was Aspas instead of Countinho as number 10. Maybe we didn't have any other options but I don't think that anyone expected anything else but a poor performance from Aspas.

Bottom line is, Rodgers ***** this one up, but the players should also carry some blame.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games