LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 pm

I was being very serious

Our First goal - many refs in fact i thin every other ref but him would of disallowed the goal as evert man and his dog knew he was just pushing it back for the gk - but i will take the goal as it balances out the beachball

Penalty Incident - Sunderland attack nicks the ball past Pepe then gets wiped out - clear penalty

Gerrard Incident - Jumps leading with forearm nowhere near the ball and connects straight into the guys face - straight red

We got lucky with a very very weak ref - a stronger ref and it would of been against us and we wouldnt of had any complaints.
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 pm

the first goal was a goal... i dont get it

They took the free kick, ref called it back, placed ball where it had to be taken from, and the guy backheeled fluffed it... simples

Yeah we sucked but its the first time Torres has looked bothered in a while, so thats good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:20 pm

The first goal was strange - torres did look back to see the ref before he carried on but the ref wasnt moving , by the time the ref did turn around Torres and Kuyt where well on their way and the ref was out of the game .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:The first goal was strange - torres did look back to see the ref before he carried on but the ref wasnt moving , by the time the ref did turn around Torres and Kuyt where well on their way and the ref was out of the game .

but the ref replaced the ball saying take it frmo there, not our fault the inbred mackems couldn't work it out, and Steve Bruce was bang out of order bringing our name into disrepute
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:The first goal was strange - torres did look back to see the ref before he carried on but the ref wasnt moving , by the time the ref did turn around Torres and Kuyt where well on their way and the ref was out of the game .

but the ref replaced the ball saying take it frmo there, not our fault the inbred mackems couldn't work it out, and Steve Bruce was bang out of order bringing our name into disrepute

According to Turner he said to him "wait until i blow my whistle "and then moved up field to get in position expecting a big punt up field . He pulled them back because they took it too quickly from about a yard from the free kick .

It was great thinking by Torres , but i wonder what our reaction would be if it happened to us - like i said it balanced out the beachball incident .

As for the other two incidents we got very lucky IMO .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Didn't Torres get called badly for offside? Didn't Agger miss a sitter? Yeah, we were VERY lucky that game... good non biased views as always

Swings and roundabouts, and you could see turner after the game laughing, knowing he'd f*ked up
:D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:Didn't Torres get called badly for offside? Didn't Agger miss a sitter? Yeah, we were VERY lucky that game... good non biased views as always

Swings and roundabouts, and you could see turner after the game laughing, knowing he'd f*ked up

Watch the replay - torres was offside by a yard .

Agger missing a sitter isnt luck its poor finishing .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Didn't Torres get called badly for offside? Didn't Agger miss a sitter? Yeah, we were VERY lucky that game... good non biased views as always

so when Sunderland do something we're lucky, when we do something wrong we're just bad?

Ok, can i just double check, you seriously do support Liverpool yeah?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:42 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

so when Sunderland do something we're lucky, when we do something wrong we're just bad?

I was being very serious

Our First goal - many refs in fact i thin every other ref but him would of disallowed the goal as evert man and his dog knew he was just pushing it back for the gk - but i will take the goal as it balances out the beachball

Penalty Incident - Sunderland attack nicks the ball past Pepe then gets wiped out - clear penalty

Gerrard Incident - Jumps leading with forearm nowhere near the ball and connects straight into the guys face - straight red

We got lucky with a very very weak ref - a stronger ref and it would of been against us and we wouldnt of had any complaints.

Just so you can read it again .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

I was being very serious

Just so you can read it again .

Sorry, thought I was on a sunderland forum then...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

What about the points Dawson instead of once again accusing me of not supporting Liverpool .

What about the penalty incident , what about Gerrards challenge .
Benny The Noon

Postby Fauxy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Gerrards challenge was never a red imo.

He didnt intend to go straight into his face with his elbow, there was no maliciousness behind it. It was clumsy. Yellow was a fair choice.

Reina on Welbeck was NEVER a penalty. Was discussing this with my manc mate last night. If Reina hadnt have touched him what would have happened? F.uck all. The ball was easily going out for a goal kick by a mile. Reina couldnt stop himself running into him could he, nor could Welbeck avoid running into Reina. Sorry but I struggle to see how people can honestly claim its a penalty.
Fauxy

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Cheers Fauxy for actually looking at the points . For the Gerrard incident there doesn't have to be intent to be given a red card , the question is if the roles were reversed and it was Cattermole who went in with the elbow then everyone would be screaming for a red card . The penalty incident - where the ball was going doesn't make a difference for a penalty desicion - it is only looked at for possible red card goal scoring opportunity decisions . Pepe fouled Welbeck in the box - yes it was accidental but it's still a foul which means it was a definate penalty . If that challenge had happened anywhere else on the pitch the ref would of blown up for it every single time .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Cheers Fauxy for actually looking at the points . For the Gerrard incident there doesn't have to be intent to be given a red card , the question is if the roles were reversed and it was Cattermole who went in with the elbow then everyone would be screaming for a red card . The penalty incident - where the ball was going doesn't make a difference for a penalty desicion - it is only looked at for possible red card goal scoring opportunity decisions . Pepe fouled Welbeck in the box - yes it was accidental but it's still a foul which means it was a definate penalty . If that challenge had happened anywhere else on the pitch the ref would of blown up for it every single time .

Couple of flaws to your logic here, mate:

1) Just because we all would have been screaming for a red if Gerrard had received the elbow rather than given it doesn't make us right.  As you must surely be aware by now, almost all of us hold a rather biased view of things when it comes to Liverpool so let's not use that as a basis for assessing the merits of the decision

2) I'm with Fauxy that the ball was unplayable after it was pushed beyond Reina and, yes, refs do take that into account (the fella that does Ref365 over on Footy365 has said so on a few occasions).  Moreover, this idea that what's a foul outside the box is still a foul (pen.) inside the box--while being true in the abstract, letter of the law sense--is patently not the case if based on how refs make decisions week in, week out.  How many tussles in the build-up to corners, for instance, are ignored that would be clear fouls if both players were contesting a header in the centre circle?  Refs make a habit of calling things more conservatively in the penalty area and that's why the playability of the ball does come into their thinking
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Bob it's why I said because we has a very weak ref we got away with those decisions - every pundit I have seen since the game on telly stated as such as well - any other ref would of given the red card and the penalty , mentioned both on match of the day and goals on Sunday with everyone saying the same thing - red card and stonewall penalty .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games