LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Greavesie wrote:no offence but you're the one bringing him up to support your arguments as well

check the start of the Russian doll...

"Are you seriously blaming the manager for the woeful display of those international players?"

Where have I mentioned him who must not be mentioned?
Thommo's perm

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Worst start in 56 years  :no  :no  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm

akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Madmax wrote:I think its evident now we won't get that 4th spot! Also torres will be gone in jan.

The way hes been playing he wont be missed

He did what he can without much support and got two assists. The first goal was really a top notch intelligent play by him. He had also started to play better in the last two game. Unlike other, he ran his socks off today and why are you slacking him. Are you on a wind up?

He played well today
His previous performances, by his own standards, have been rope.
Thommo's perm

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Are you seriously blaming the manager for the woeful display of those international players?

Yes his tactics are fecking sh!te he hasnt got a clue. Sat in his chair for 80 minutes.

As opposed to jumping up shouting fu'ck knows what and flapping his arms like a loon? And still geting beat?
:talktothehand

why cant you just assess Hodgy rather than have little digs at Rafa?

I dont care about Rafa anymore (I want him to do well) but I'm not going to diss Hodgson based on what the previous manager achieved. If that was the case half the feckers on this board would go through 30 managers the season after Maureen left!

Ciggy (if shes honest) is always comparing Roy to the previous manager.
Is it a crime to stay in the dugout? Maybe he should come out more to see if it has any effect? She might be right. She might be wrong?

Why make the comparison on last season though ,why not compare rafa's record over his whole tenure or two season's ago or three or four . Because it suits your arguement that's why . Roy was brought in to improve us , no ? To steady the ship , a safe pair of hands . Not happening is it ? Has Roy lost the dressing room ? Is that why the players a playing so cack ? Do the palyers have confidence in the manager ? Can they work to his system ? Is Roy out of his depth ? These are all fair questions that are being asked and were being asked of the previous manager  apart from the last one of course.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:15 pm

Steady the ship? Rocking the boat is more like it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm

roberto green wrote:it's like going back in time to the Souness era this

Sort of like a 10-year anniversary season :D

Roy is a genuinely good and kind man. Imho, as others have mentioned before, he is here to ensure that the (horrible) effort to sort out ownership isn't compounded with a demanding manager - brought in for his PR more than anything else.

Just pray and hope we land in the right hands, nothing will change before that.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
roberto green wrote:what a nob. Sterling hasn't got a clue and shouldn't comment when he clearly doesn't understand football.

yeah let's concentrate what's happening on the pitch when the yank tw@ts are responsible for the cheap shyte players we have had to buy who are playing on the pitch

:angry:

Torres ? Gerrard ? Meireles (he wasn't cheap mate..) ?

Torres yeah but that's it

Gerrard has never cost us a fee and meirles was only 12m. Not exactly breaking the bank is it?
roberto green

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:Worst start in 56 years  :no  :no  :no

didnt we have just 1 win from 6 matches in 2006 as well?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:24 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Worst start in 56 years  :no  :no  :no

didnt we have just 1 win from 6 matches in 2006 as well?

You get points for draws, too.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm

To be fair guys, I see some improvements in our attacking play, and I'm not one of the Roy groupies. I saw some promising plays from Cole and Meireless, they are definitely two players who have the best ball control in our team. Glad to see Kuyt back and doing his thing.

The problem Roy has is that we have too many CM's playing out of position. Cole is an AM, but fair enough he played wide in Chelsea, so he can still play wide and cut in. Meireless is a CM or AM but never a winger. When he gets the ball he also cuts in but he can't do this as well as Cole. If I were Roy I would play Meireless and Gerrard as CM's, Cole can still play on the left and Kuyt on the right. Ngog to partner Torres up front. So this will be a 4-4-2. Or play Cole in the hole and Jovanovich on the left in a 4-5-1. Please don't play Poulsen, he's useless and it is now safe to say that the 4 million quids we paid for him is a waste. He is not better than Lucas.

Defensively I'm feckin :censored: off that we haven't learned. The first thing Roy must do is change his defensive philosophy of sitting-deep-and-not-doing-anything. How many times have we let the opponents play and concede goals? We did against the mancs and now we do it against freakin Sunderland. Play Agger and Carra as CB's, Carra and Skrtle partnership is shaky, always has been.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Why make the comparison on last season though ,why not compare rafa's record over his whole tenure or two season's ago or three or four . Because it suits your arguement that's why . Roy was brought in to improve us , no ? To steady the ship , a safe pair of hands . Not happening is it ? Has Roy lost the dressing room ? Is that why the players a playing so cack ? Do the palyers have confidence in the manager ? Can they work to his system ? Is Roy out of his depth ? These are all fair questions that are being asked and were being asked of the previous manager  apart from the last one of course.

I havent compared him to last season. Ive said before, I lost faith in Benitez when he lost us he 2007 CL final. From then on it all went tits up (please dont tell me about 2nd, 4th, semis, quarters etc). we won zilch after that and for me (its in the archives), he lost the plot as time moved on.
Roy is having a tough time, no doubt. The players, by the captains admission, are not performing and we saw today that he personally has been true to his word and started playing better.
I dont know the answer to the questions you ask, neither does anyone. Yet theyre quick to accuse as if its true and are not questioning but stating it as fact. Time will tell if hes got it right and the players finally pull thier fingers out. We came from behind and fought back today and by all accounts should have won. Thats a start. Hopefully...
Thommo's perm

Postby akumaface » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Madmax wrote:I think its evident now we won't get that 4th spot! Also torres will be gone in jan.

The way hes been playing he wont be missed

He did what he can without much support and got two assists. The first goal was really a top notch intelligent play by him. He had also started to play better in the last two game. Unlike other, he ran his socks off today and why are you slacking him. Are you on a wind up?

He played well today
His previous performances, by his own standards, have been rope.

So now, you are saying he played well today! Why the fu,ck you say he won't be missed! he scored the winning goal in our only win. He got us the penalty and free kick vs man u and not to mention today. Man, you started saying something then you change your stand and then tel. People you didn't mean it. Get your fact straight and think before you say anything. Are you a man u fan in disguise as I think most of your comments are just trying to create a stir. Roy is the manager and need to play a suitable system with the players he has and not trying to play the only system he knows and force it on players that are not made form that kind of system. So, yes, Roy is at fault and need to take the blame for the poor performance. We are at home and his tactics was like playing in an away game WTF!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm

maguskwt wrote:Please don't play Poulsen, he's useless and it is now safe to say that the 4 million quids we paid for him is a waste. He is not better than Lucas.

That's a statement and a half.  ???
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm

So, we have now jumped from 16th place to 15th place with 6 points from 6 games...

We have scored 6 goals in 6 games and conceded 9 goals. In comparison, Chelsea has scored 21 goals and conceded 2 goals.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:38 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Please don't play Poulsen, he's useless and it is now safe to say that the 4 million quids we paid for him is a waste. He is not better than Lucas.

That's a statement and a half.  ???

Why LFC? Should I have made it 2 full statements?  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games