brentford v LIVERPOOL Sat 25th Sept 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 pm

Two points dropped. Poor result that.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm

Boocity » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm wrote:tent has been poor today

I thought Iago Aspas was still playing for us
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm

Matip was in panic mode so many times tonight..Virg was shouting so many times to calm him down. That should have been a easy 3 points but bad defending and missed chances cost us. And that Salah miss definitely came back to bite us in the a$$
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Embarrassing  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:35 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:26 pm wrote:Matip was in panic mode so many times tonight..Virg was shouting so many times to calm him down. That should have been a easy 3 points but bad defending and missed chances cost us. And that Salah miss definitely came back to bite us in the a$$

Matip has been a great player for us over the years, but he's on the decline. He was all over the place today.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:52 pm

I know we missed some chances but 3 goals should have been enough to beat Brentford, our defence should have really done a lot better today.

Not gonna take anything away from Brentford though, I think they played a good game and their old-school tactics were difficult to handle. Hopefully they'll take points off our rivals too.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:31 pm

They deserved a point, thy didn't let us relax for a second.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:32 pm

I was surprised by how rattled our back 4 were by their up-and-at-them approach, they scored 3 and could have had more.
Arsenal's result on the first day of the season doesn't quite look as bad now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Disappointed we dropped two points when our rivals lost but I was impressed with their mix of physical long ball football and passing football, I’d never seen them play. Having said that, we missed some good chances and our defense was having trouble with their physical play, would like to have seem Konate for Matip as that physical play may have suited him more.  I hope they play that well against our rivals as that team could probably give a lot teams trouble.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:43 pm

That was an utter sh1t show in defence today. Calamity.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:27 am

The calamity was the number of scoring chances the forwards missed, keeping Brentford in the game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Disappointing not to have left there with 3 points.  Some really dodgy stuff at times from us especially with 2 of the goals. They had just as many chances to get a winner as well but our downfall was not killing them off when we should have. They just kept growing in confidence the more we missed.

It points lost when we had a chance to gain some on our rivals and they won't keep up that level because they will end up burnt out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:26 pm

Reg » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 am wrote:The calamity was the number of scoring chances the forwards missed, keeping Brentford in the game.

We are still top so no need to panic or anything but you are right to point out the number of missed chances because it is becoming a bit of a re-occurring theme, we do score a lot of goals but we also miss a lot of gilt edged chances, I think out of all the clubs in the division only City come anywhere near to us on that score (in fact they probably miss more great chances than us tbf but Sterling accounts for a lot of them where with us it seems to be right across the board, I mean how many chances did Sadio miss against Leeds before he finally got his goal?).
That game yesterday, for all our unconvincing defending, was there on a plate, both Mo and Diogo missed chances and not just chances but really, really good chances to put that game to bed. As soon as Mo lifted that one over the bar I knew what the final score was going to be, I just knew that miss was going to come back and bite us on the @rse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 pm

We can look as it as 2 points lost or either 1 point gained. I really thought Brentford were going to win that game. If there was another 10 mins or so they would've. Defensively we were poor, shambles at the back.

I love Salah/Mane but at times they can p1ss me off. I knew when Salah missed, we will pay for it.

Anyhow we move on, hoping not many more of these sort of performances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:58 am

Say what you say about missing chances but we scored 3 goals and that is enough to win any match if the defense keeps them out, problem was we let in 3 scrappy goals and we are a team that only let in one in five matches prior. One of the goals, I think the second, their player out jumped VVD and another defender for the second ball.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games