LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Saturday 25th sept 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:40 pm

akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Madmax wrote:I think its evident now we won't get that 4th spot! Also torres will be gone in jan.

The way hes been playing he wont be missed

He did what he can without much support and got two assists. The first goal was really a top notch intelligent play by him. He had also started to play better in the last two game. Unlike other, he ran his socks off today and why are you slacking him. Are you on a wind up?

He played well today
His previous performances, by his own standards, have been rope.

So now, you are saying he played well today! Why the fu,ck you say he won't be missed! he scored the winning goal in our only win. He got us the penalty and free kick vs man u and not to mention today. Man, you started saying something then you change your stand and then tel. People you didn't mean it. Get your fact straight and think before you say anything. Are you a man u fan in disguise as I think most of your comments are just trying to create a stir. Roy is the manager and need to play a suitable system with the players he has and not trying to play the only system he knows and force it on players that are not made form that kind of system. So, yes, Roy is at fault and need to take the blame for the poor performance. We are at home and his tactics was like playing in an away game WTF!

Read my last post.
It has been noted publicly and privately that he has been off the pace and his form is patchy. He sulked and whinged in previous games and clearly wasnt happy or performing.
I am not a man u supporter thanks very much and although I love Torres and think hes one of the best players to wear a red shirt he has, for me been disappointing up to last sunday and today. Just for fairness, he hasnt been the only one.
Maybe I expect too much?
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:42 pm

maguskwt wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Please don't play Poulsen, he's useless and it is now safe to say that the 4 million quids we paid for him is a waste. He is not better than Lucas.

That's a statement and a half.  ???

Why LFC? Should I have made it 2 full statements?  :D

No, the statement you made - its content - is a bold one to make, no?
LFC2007

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Please don't play Poulsen, he's useless and it is now safe to say that the 4 million quids we paid for him is a waste. He is not better than Lucas.

That's a statement and a half.  ???

Why LFC? Should I have made it 2 full statements?  :D

No, the statement you made - its content - is a bold one to make, no?

Maybe if he gets as many games as Lucas he will end up being as good as him?
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm

LFC2007 wrote:No, the statement you made - its content - is a bold one to make, no?

Do you see what he offers over and above what Lucas can offer? We played alot better when he got pulled off and we switched to 4-4-2. During the start of 2nd half, Gerrard was often seen dropping too deep. What was Poulsen doing? What does is say that Gerrard finds it necessary to drop this deep to stabilize the defense.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Maybe if he gets as many games as Lucas he will end up being as good as him?

Then why not just play Lucas instead of spending 4.5 million pounds?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 pm

We are proving that when you aren't playing very well, it's very hard to snap out of it. Bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips have characterised our form for many seasons now, and in that respect nothing seems to have changed. At least this one has been brought about by a criminally difficult starting sequence of games rather than any self-inflicted foot wounds, but nevertheless once you are in a rut it's hard to break out and that's for sure.

I'm surprised people are saying Sunderland are as bad as they claim to be honest. They are a midtable team with a couple of decent forwards, one of which contributed yet again today. They drew with Arsenal last week, and I'm sure they would expect to be comfortably in the top half. Yes I'd like us to have beaten them but they are hardly going to be relegation candidates, we will have worse and more baffling results this season than draws at home with the likes of them.

Going forward, as far as breaking out of the slump is concerned it is looking more and more like it is the "let them come" defensive policy which is holding us back a bit. One of the reasons for that is we aren't actually good enough at the back to play such a style, another is that we have players and a fan base who are more comfortable to go hunting the ball higher up. I'd do that, and I'd play 4-4-2 with Kuyt up top alongside Torres.

I'd also keep my cool as far as the manager is concerned, but then again I've said that all along. It does nobody any favours to be launching toys out of prams to all parts of the ground, Roy is the manager and we as fans should back him. It's as simple as that really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Maybe if he gets as many games as Lucas he will end up being as good as him?

Lucas isn't good enough. Some of you are determined to flood the forums and phone ins with the opinion that Poulsen isn't very good. You may even ultimately get proven right (I don't think you will, but I suppose if people manage to completely destroy his confidence it is possible) but that won't change the fact that Lucas isn't good enough. If Poulsen turns out to be a poor buy, it won't make Lucas good enough. It's unfortunate but true.

Similarly, if Roy Hodgson turns out to be an incorrect choice of manager, it won't mean that we should have stuck with Benitez and changed all our players.

Lucas isn't good enough, Benitez had to go. Those are the simple facts of life I'm afraid. At least Hodgson and Poulsen have the opportunity to prove otherwise, whereas the other two had categorically proven their worth.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm

i agree with your last post BigMick, but dont you think the comments Roy is making regards to the opposition are rather underwhelming? i feel he is paying too much respect to the opposition. clubs don't fear us when they come to Anfield anymore.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm

bigmick wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Lucas isn't good enough. Some of you are determined to flood the forums and phone ins with the opinion that Poulsen isn't very good. You may even ultimately get proven right (I don't think you will, but I suppose if people manage to completely destroy his confidence it is possible) but that won't change the fact that Lucas isn't good enough. If Poulsen turns out to be a poor buy, it won't make Lucas good enough. It's unfortunate but true.

Similarly, if Roy Hodgson turns out to be an incorrect choice of manager, it won't mean that we should have stuck with Benitez and changed all our players.

Lucas isn't good enough, Benitez had to go. Those are the simple facts of life I'm afraid. At least Hodgson and Poulsen have the opportunity to prove otherwise, whereas the other two had categorically proven their worth.

Yes I agree that Lucas is not good enough. That makes Poulsen less than not good enough at the moment from what we've seen of him so far...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
akumaface wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Madmax wrote:I think its evident now we won't get that 4th spot! Also torres will be gone in jan.

The way hes been playing he wont be missed

He did what he can without much support and got two assists. The first goal was really a top notch intelligent play by him. He had also started to play better in the last two game. Unlike other, he ran his socks off today and why are you slacking him. Are you on a wind up?

He played well today
His previous performances, by his own standards, have been rope.

So now, you are saying he played well today! Why the fu,ck you say he won't be missed! he scored the winning goal in our only win. He got us the penalty and free kick vs man u and not to mention today. Man, you started saying something then you change your stand and then tel. People you didn't mean it. Get your fact straight and think before you say anything. Are you a man u fan in disguise as I think most of your comments are just trying to create a stir. Roy is the manager and need to play a suitable system with the players he has and not trying to play the only system he knows and force it on players that are not made form that kind of system. So, yes, Roy is at fault and need to take the blame for the poor performance. We are at home and his tactics was like playing in an away game WTF!

Read my last post.
It has been noted publicly and privately that he has been off the pace and his form is patchy. He sulked and whinged in previous games and clearly wasnt happy or performing.
I am not a man u supporter thanks very much and although I love Torres and think hes one of the best players to wear a red shirt he has, for me been disappointing up to last sunday and today. Just for fairness, he hasnt been the only one.
Maybe I expect too much?

So, you think he looks unhappy then it makes it true. You are only assuming and don't make it sound like you know for certain. What you think is not a fact. By your definition,he needs to put on a simle while runnig full speed and then jump for joy if this is what you mean by happiness. Without him, we won't even have the only win. This is a team sport my friend and he can't do everything himself. You slack him then say you love the guy. What a hypicrite! All your comment here follow the same pattern. When you can't back up what you say, you then make a 180 degree turn and said we got it wrong.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm

bigmick wrote:Some of you are determined to flood the forums and phone ins with the opinion that Poulsen isn't very good. You may even ultimately get proven right (I don't think you will, but I suppose if people manage to completely destroy his confidence it is possible) but that won't change the fact that Lucas isn't good enough. If Poulsen turns out to be a poor buy, it won't make Lucas good enough. It's unfortunate but true.

What are your honest thoughts on his performance today, Mick?  From my perspective, his handball and his substitution were two important turning points in the match.  I must admit, he's starting to concern me.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Should have never got rid of Riera.  We are missing him so bad right now.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Should have never got rid of Riera.  We are missing him so bad right now.

agreed ruskiy, with Riera we would have a very balanced team. Riera on the left, Kuyt on the right, Cole in the hole and Gerrard and Meireless enforcing the middle.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:Some of you are determined to flood the forums and phone ins with the opinion that Poulsen isn't very good. You may even ultimately get proven right (I don't think you will, but I suppose if people manage to completely destroy his confidence it is possible) but that won't change the fact that Lucas isn't good enough. If Poulsen turns out to be a poor buy, it won't make Lucas good enough. It's unfortunate but true.

What are your honest thoughts on his performance today, Mick?  From my perspective, his handball and his substitution were two important turning points in the match.  I must admit, he's starting to concern me.

I haven't seen it to judge him today Bob, I've only read the reports and listened to you guys. I think there is every chance though that he is going to become a victim of circumstance in the respect that given our situation and Torres's complete lack of form, it looks almost a certainty to me that we are at some point going to have to play 4-4-2. If we do, then it would appear to nailed on that he will miss out in favour of the Gerrard/Mereiles combo. It might actually help him out, take him out of the firing line somewhat.

It's easy though sometimes, too easy in fact, to lump it all on one player when the whole team, system and formation is malfunctioning. As he's replaced the babe of the diehards in Lucas, he was always on something of a hiding to nothing and was a short price to get stick.

Like I say though Bob, I feel it is almost a certainty that we will go 4-4-2 and unless we put Kuyt up top (which I would) then Poulsen is going to miss out.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Simari wrote:Roy is a genuinely good and kind man.

Who cares? I know many good and kind men that should not manage Liverpool. Should we give them all a try? It reeks of desperation when thats the best thing you can say about a football manager.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games