Sunderland vs LIVERPOOL : Sunday 29th Sept 2013 : 4pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 am

ethanr » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm wrote:
kartiek » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:56 am wrote:Love Toure, thought Sakho had a very good game, some great interceptions. Skrtel did well too.

Moses really good for us - good possession, and ability to bring the ball from our half all the way up to the final third. Sturridge amazing as usual.

Gerrard and Lucas did most things right. Lucas unlucky to get suspended.

My only problem is Hendo - I expected more from him. I don't think this formation and his position in it suits him whatsoever. He looked tired by the end, and lacked creativity or pace to do anything useful.

I thought Toure and Sakho were pretty good as well but have to disagree with you on the rest. I thought Lucas and Gerrard were completely anonymous way too often. A lot of pressure on our back, and you could see Enrique getting frustrated and passing it back because nothing was available in the middle. I also thought Hendo had a really good game. Winning everything and bossing the line, his only issue for me is his ability to cross the ball.

Once again, we hold the ball in the back way too much, and that's where all our issues come from. It's shocking how often we give the ball away in the back, and that's beginning to cause us a lot of problems. I've got to say Mignolet is a great shot stopper, but his flaws are killing us. He struggles to palm the ball outward, and instead puts it right back in play. He also allows pressure on himself and his defenders because teams know to close him down and they'll get the ball right back. However, his quick play to get on the counter for the third was great, that's how we need to play when our keeper gets the ball.

Sturridge and Suarez were great together, and I thought Hendo and Moses both played pretty well today as well. Enrique was decent as well, so really it seems the problem lies in the center of the park. Our weak central duo put a lot of pressure on our back, and give way too much possession to a team like Sunderland.

Will say that's one of the better second halves we've had.

This sums up the game for me.^

Great we won, don't believe there is a better strike partnership in the league than Sturridge and Suarez.  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 am

I haven't seen much tiki taka Barcelona type of play in Liverpool this season. We are playing very much like Houllier's style ie very defensive and using our strikers to poach a goal on the counter, Houllier had Owen, BR has Sturridge and now hopefully Suarez as well. Sunderland's play was excellent and their early 2nd half goal really woke us up and we had more possession and were more threatening after that. Moses was pretty average, our central midfield is too thin. If Stevie is injured, do we have a suitable replacement? Scary thought.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 am

metalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:08 pm wrote:[quote="Boocity » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Abu Dhabi's great, new places to go and things to do every year. Let me know if you're coming over, we could watch a match at Coopers :D

What's cooper?

I've definitely missed out on a lot! did Salam street officially open? :D[/quote]

Coopers is the bar in the Park Rotana with the big screens, yes Salam street & Zayed Tunnel is all open. So easy to get to the Corniche now
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 am

Well done 3 points job done but I won't go as far to say next game is won already.

I want to see Coutinho make a speedy recovery. There really is no one else to fill that spot.
killerp

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

killerp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm wrote:Well done 3 points job done but I won't go as far to say next game is won already.

I want to see Coutinho make a speedy recovery. There really is no one else to fill that spot.

You've got to say, put Coutinho back in that side and we could be significantly better. We're still missing that central force that could really turn things for us, but when Coutinho is fit, and if he could get back to the form he was in last season, I think we could start to get results in a much more convincing way.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm

ethanr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 pm wrote:
killerp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm wrote:Well done 3 points job done but I won't go as far to say next game is won already.

You've got to say, put Coutinho back in that side and we could be significantly better. We're still missing that central force that could really turn things for us, but when Coutinho is fit, and if he could get back to the form he was in last season, I think we could start to get results in a much more convincing way.

agreed, we need to get all our best players on the pitch (mainly to help paper over the cracks i.e lack of mobility in CM)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Boocity » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am wrote:
metalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:08 pm wrote:[quote="Boocity » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Abu Dhabi's great, new places to go and things to do every year. Let me know if you're coming over, we could watch a match at Coopers :D

What's cooper?

I've definitely missed out on a lot! did Salam street officially open? :D

Coopers is the bar in the Park Rotana with the big screens, yes Salam street & Zayed Tunnel is all open. So easy to get to the Corniche now[/quote]

ah good stuff mate! used to remember salam being closed, really p*ssed me off during rush hour  :D heard the new islands looks good, really want to go back for a visit, still have lots of friends there
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games