LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON WANDERERS - 30 jan 2010, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Gained 2 points on Spurs.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm

MOM between Insua, SG, Kyrgiakos. Cannot decide.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Well done today lads, wasnt pretty at times but needs must at the moment, great to see stevie getting stuck in an aswell, looked like he enjoyed that second half. now for the blue$*i*e.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:57 pm

are we 4th now then?
roberto green

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 pm

no and City have 3 games in hand anyway
JoeTerp

Postby shawnk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Best defender of the day Kyrgiakos (Greek God). Brought much stability to the game and a clean sheet. And Gerrard to me is the MOTM.
shawnk

Postby mart » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Insua or the greek for MOTM
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm

easily could have had 4 or 5, but they probably should have had one
JoeTerp

Postby Octsky » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Gained 2 points on Spurs.

that is a sad thing to see...
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm

metalhead wrote:
andy_g wrote:so nice to se the real gerrard back

Yep, MOTM for me today, was excellent

Nick the greek was my MOTM
OH.....KYRIAGOS, THE ONE AND ONLY, HE'S A LOON, WE SAID HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED NOW HE PLAYS HERE EVERY WEEK, WE CANT PRONOUNCE HIS SURNAME SO WE CALL HIM NICK THE GREEK OH KYRIAGOS.

Where have the redmen been all season? Thats the Liverpool we know Im made up  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Much better today from the lads.  This is the kind of performance I was hoping for away to Wolves, to properly kick-on from the Spurs win.  That didn't happen but the players were up for it today and Rafa finally saw some sense and tried something new in midfield.  I'm not sure it was the unbridled success he'd need to make it permanent but hopefully we see a bit more adventure in our set-up in future games as well.

I thought we were well-marshalled at the back once more, with the big Grok putting in another MOTM performance.  Brilliant goal mouth clearance from him and some all-around assertive play.  In the middle Masch was immense--snuffing out any danger and showing some really wonderful passing vision today (what a left-footed ball to Gerrard while at full pelt down the flank!).  Aquilani did very well to set up the goal but otherwise had a bit of a mare, IMO.  John Craig's mentioned in the past that he needs to put his foot on the ball more and have a look rather than trying all of his one-touch stuff and I couldn't agree more.  More often than not, his one-touchers are errant and they break down promising moves.  Riera still looks short of match fitness but, again, his ability to hold up the ball and link up with teammates is something we've sorely missed all season. 

Special mention goes to the skipper who, IMO, came in for some unnecessary stick midweek when he was clearly rushed back from injury.  Today, he looked much fitter and thus much more effective.  He also played a very intelligent game given the man-marking treatment he got from Muamba.  I think he showed good movement, popping up all over the shop in order to unsettle Muamba and the Bolton backline and he played with that drive and urgency that usually gives the team the spark it needs to click into gear.  Once Muamba came off he was desperate to get on the scoresheet and had a few good opportunities to test the Big Fin.  Good game, Stevie--I guess you can be a.rsed after all. :D

Further forward, I thought Kuyt put in his usual creditable shift.  He got a bit lucky with the goal but he was in a position to prod it home so fair play.  He also seems much better at  controlling his first touch of late and I thought he played some nice stuff with those around him.  Good game.  Ngog, unfortunately, can't say the same.  The lad has raw talent but his decision making often lets him down.  Fair play, a striker always likes to shoot when the option's there but he's got to have better vision to spot the run of teammates.  And, he's got to show more composure than he did with what should have been a tap in.  I would have had him off much sooner, TBPH.

Anyway, an enjoyable game to watch for once and a good result.  We must build on this against the Bitters, though, or it'll be back to square one for what will seem like the millionth time this season.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Quiet in here in it, we win and the thread reaches 12 pages , we lose and the thread goes into meltdown. Strange that in it, 

Well done REDMEN.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJprEyXMrIk
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:18 pm

:laugh: Just spoke to a lad i know from the match, protests outside the ground after the game , fecking get in lads , the two snides had to sneak out of the Kemlyn rd , Well in to everyone that stayed ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Good to see the Bubble and Squeek had a good game, I always suspected he'd come good. Still freakin' ugly though.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games