BOLTON WANDERERS VS LIVERPOOL - 31 october 2010, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:43 pm

burjennio wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
rocky29 wrote:well done roy im pleased for you. No more whining from the rafarites for another couple of days.

Rocky shut up and go an play lad its trick or treating outside ,your missin out ,

Its pretty clear at this stage that that lad is either a WUM or mentally ill. What do windows taste like Rocky?

whats up i thought u would be both be pleased for roy. Fecksake am genuinely pleased for roy after what daws said this morning.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:49 pm

metalhead wrote:Bolton weren't that great, we didn't get lucky, I thought we were a better team the last 25 minutes or so and deserved to get the goal

You must have missed the 4 chances in a row that Bolton had around the 80th minute then. They certainly had the chances to go ahead. However, much like the Villa game this afternoon, this was a poor spectacle from both teams. We dominated possession for the first 20 minutes of the game, but Bolton were back into it by the second half.

Credit to Roy for bringing on Ngog as we looked far more energised with him. That, along with a bit of magic from Torres and Maxi's never-say-die attitude today helped us to the 3 points.

A win is a win, especially away to a side that had been boasting a pretty decent home record (not being beaten at home) and special kudos to the travelling fans for showing amazing support and belief :)
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Thought Skrtel was excellent along with Soto ....  Rodriguez should swap positions with Gerrard to see the best out of Torres ,against Chelsea this needs to happen we need to take the game to them ...thought Lucas was solid and the Lad took a battering of Muamba but he more than held his own .... also special mention to Konchesky who for the first 20 minutes his distribution and crossing was first class ...but then a football game is regrettably 90 minutes and he hasn't the legs to last 60 mins ...... as for Hodgson a good result with a gritty determined showing ,if only he could refrain from opening his grid so often ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Simari wrote:
metalhead wrote:Bolton weren't that great, we didn't get lucky, I thought we were a better team the last 25 minutes or so and deserved to get the goal

You must have missed the 4 chances in a row that Bolton had around the 80th minute then. They certainly had the chances to go ahead. However, much like the Villa game this afternoon, this was a poor spectacle from both teams. We dominated possession for the first 20 minutes of the game, but Bolton were back into it by the second half.

Credit to Roy for bringing on Ngog as we looked far more energised with him. That, along with a bit of magic from Torres and Maxi's never-say-die attitude today helped us to the 3 points.

A win is a win, especially away to a side that had been boasting a pretty decent home record (not being beaten at home) and special kudos to the travelling fans for showing amazing support and belief :)

That's a fair assessment in my eyes mate. We obviously aren't going to play well every week til we get in the groove but at least we got a win after an improved performance last week.

We had the players with sufficient quality to produce something to win the game (al la Torres v West Brom). More good performances from Maxi (in patches) Meireles, Lucas & Soto handled Davies.

I'm glad Roy (credit to the fella) didn't revert to parking one as well, and hopefully Ngog will get more game time with Torres as it always seems to perk us up when he comes on (although I probably would not start 4-4-2 next week!). All of a sudden defenders have more to think about and midfielders more avenues to block.

Bring on the Chavs!!
Masch79

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:18 pm

rocky29 wrote:
burjennio wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
rocky29 wrote:well done roy im pleased for you. No more whining from the rafarites for another couple of days.

Rocky shut up and go an play lad its trick or treating outside ,your missin out ,

Its pretty clear at this stage that that lad is either a WUM or mentally ill. What do windows taste like Rocky?

whats up i thought u would be both be pleased for roy. Fecksake am genuinely pleased for roy after what daws said this morning.

Rocky Im very pleased for Roy as hes been taking a hiding on the pitch and from the fans for the last few months, most of which has been fully deserved but I always want the manager of this great club to do well. I was more up in arms about your little "rafarites" comment. You may be shocked to find that

a. Most Liverpool fans have nothing but the utmost respect for Rafael Benitez but:

b. Most Liverpool fans want to win every week

These two things dont counter each other lad. You can be a huge fan of Rafa and still want Roy Hodgson to succeed - in fact Im sure thats the line of thinking most LFC fans take its just that the polarization of this forum over the last two years has made it hard for some fans to accept.
burjennio

Postby Redtribe » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:20 pm

crim cram wrote:I don't think Maxi started playing well until the Cole for N'gog switch happened.  We weren't a 4-4-2, it was more of an extremely narrow 4-3-3  All three front players would drift out wide but the only player making crosses, was Konchesky.  Maxi, Torres, and N'gog were pretty interchangeable and Bolton had trouble with that combination.  It was nice to some flexibility in the formation and Maxi made his goalscoring run from a central position.  When N'gog came on more space seemed to open up in the attacking 3rd.   :buttrock

it's because Ngog has some pace, and that immediately backs up the defence.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tophatman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Unusually quiet on here, after a win!! Good win lads well done:)
Tophatman

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 pm

Great result - Average performance , we didnt deserve to win but didnt deserve to lose as well , scrappy game with not much real football on show. It was bloody freezing there tonight and the home fans we quiet all game apart from a drum i kept hearing - voice is a bit coarse after all the singing and cheering and the atmosphere from us in away was electric . Heard they could of had a penalty but other end of pitch so didnt see it . Overall delighted with result but performances still not good enough
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 pm

so you think everyone on here thinks like that. Whos mentally ill now.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:34 pm

oh my god Rocky son get the bi-focals out and super dooper carefully read back my post again. In fact Im sure you are incapable of that so give your mommy a wee shout and ask her really nicely to read it nice and slooooooowly, then to explain all the bits that go over your head
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burjennio

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Stiil not a totally cohesive team but the sort of result that sits nicely in your gizzards and you can't take the grin off your face for the rest of the day! Thought Maxi, Lucas, Meireles, Soto, Skirtel all had decent performances and Torres just for that flick. Gerrard was woeful. Surely he must know how :censored:-poor he is at the mo? It doesn't really matter about the performance too much at this stage. We're digging ourselves out of the hole we placed ourselves in and hopefully a decent run ensues :)
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:03 pm

you can be a huge fan of rafa and still want roy to succeed? Lets see everyone come out on here and backup your theory.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Everyone wants Hodgson to suceed becuase it means Liverpool succeeds and that is exactly what we all want
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:05 pm

And Im sure this is the match thread not another thread for planks like yourself to bring up Rafa once again
Benny The Noon

Postby crim cram » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:14 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Stiil not a totally cohesive team but the sort of result that sits nicely in your gizzards and you can't take the grin off your face for the rest of the day! Thought Maxi, Lucas, Meireles, Soto, Skirtel all had decent performances and Torres just for that flick. Gerrard was woeful. Surely he must know how :censored:-poor he is at the mo? It doesn't really matter about the performance too much at this stage. We're digging ourselves out of the hole we placed ourselves in and hopefully a decent run ensues :)

I thought Meireles worked his a$$ off today, but some his passing in the final 3rd left me scratching my head.  There was one instance where he had acres of space on front of him, could have taken it well into the box unmarked and either shot or squared, but instead tried a pass that went terribly astray.  I think its all down to confidence, he doesn't have it, neither does Nando, or Stevie G..  Hopefully we can get something from the Chelsea match and build some confidence.  They looked extremely beatable against Blackburn yesterday.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games