BOLTON WANDERERS VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 21st january 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am

I agree with you guys that we played sh*t and Downing, Carroll, Henderson and Adam esp. ought to be axed. And I guarantee 4th place is out of the question.

I also suspect it could be, wait for this..... the players didn't want to win games on purpose because there's a rift between them and KD. The rift could be due to strategy differences, could not play the Liverpool  pass and move  and with them being millionaire footballers, they feel they have the ability to oust KD out of his post. That's why KD trying to nib the bud early, threatened to axe certain players.

Why am I suspecting this? Because what's happening at our club is reminiscent to what happened at Newcastle in the last days of Bobby Robson's tenure. Shearer and the rest of players managed to oust Robson out by purposely throwing away their games and once Robson was out, they won their first game 8-0 and started to climb up the table. I suspect but hope not, this is what is happening here.

Many of us say that we don't have clinical finishers, well, Kuyt, Suarez esp. are clinical enough, it could be they did it on purpose just to get KD out.

I could get a lot of stick from you guys on this, but please, anyone, let me know what you think.
alwayslfc

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am

Don't worry it will be alright, the official website will have an interview with one of he players who will come out with tripe like "we know we can do better...there is still a lot to play for...we have to look forward to the next game" etc etc

Then there will be a photo special of the players in training all smiling.

:veryangry

People keep saying Carra is getting past it and they may have a point, I would have him back. At least he will shout and bawl at people and put his body on the line for the club.
Gerrard has been a legend, but I didn't see him getting stuck into anyone yesterday and you have to ask why, what would Carra have done?

Spearing and Kelly should be brought back too, they know what playing for LFC means.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

So annoyed with yesterday. Why haven't we signed a forward get? We are two thirds through January and still nothing
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Some of the knee jerk reactions on here are a complete joke.

We were hovering above the relegation zone a year ago when Dalglish came back... that's how bad we were.  Now some people are crying because we aren't in the top four?  Have a fu.cking word with yourselves.

I think his signings have been generally good.  Adam was a decent buy for 7 mil, Henderson is young and I'm sure will come good, while Enrique, Suarez and Bellamy are undoubtedly good buys.  Downing for 20 mil and Carroll for 35 mil sounded dodgy at the time, and their performances haven't changed my opinion.  Skrtel and Agger have been moulded into one of the best CB pairings in the league, while we have also given youngsters like Shelvey, Spearing, Flanagan and Kelly chances.

We play better football now and genuinely look like we are a finisher short of being a nailed on top 4 side.  Yesterday and the Spurs game aside we have genuinely outplayed every team in front of us this season.  And all this without Gerrard and now Suarez.

Get a grip and get some fu.cking perspective you whining fu.cking children.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I have read through the last two pages of people ranting, quite rightly so, at Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. But there is a player who is, if not worse, at least as sh'it as these four. Glan Johnson seems to slip inder the radar for some reason. He is a multi million pound, england international who should be tearing up trees consistantly. He is one of the first on the team sheet yet gets away with being a total sh'ithouse game after game
Why is this?
Thommo's perm

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Dundalk wrote:So annoyed with yesterday. Why haven't we signed a forward get? We are two thirds through January and still nothing

Mate, is Liverpool an appealing prospect right now ? To a striker who thinks his new club might be going places ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kartiek » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:39 am

Thommo's perm wrote:I have read through the last two pages of people ranting, quite rightly so, at Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. But there is a player who is, if not worse, at least as sh'it as these four. Glan Johnson seems to slip inder the radar for some reason. He is a multi million pound, england international who should be tearing up trees consistantly. He is one of the first on the team sheet yet gets away with being a total sh'ithouse game after game
Why is this?

Thank you for pointing this out! I can't believe how badly he played against Bolton, one of the worst if not the worst player on the pitch. He was defensively utterly rubbish letting through a dangerous ball in every single time and he did nothing whatsoever on the offensive. Replace with kelly immediately!

I think it's good kenny said what he did after the game. I think the worst of our situation is not that we've bought players who lack talent or anything, we've bought players who just don't have any of the mental edge that you need from winners!
kartiek

Postby RedSi35 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I think glen has escaped a lot of critiscism due to the fact that the defence has been so solid this season, ok Bolton was a blip but in general defence has been much improved.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:So annoyed with yesterday. Why haven't we signed a forward get? We are two thirds through January and still nothing

Mate, is Liverpool an appealing prospect right now ? To a striker who thinks his new club might be going places ?

I would think yes because a good striker could make himself an instant hero, just look at Suarez. We are still a big club with a big reputation.
worcester_red

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am

I went on Saturday and the game was notable for one reason - It was my 7 year olds first ever away game ! ???

Personally I've lost count of how "aways" I have been over the years but i can tell you this, I can't think of  worse performance away from home. Coventry away in the 90's was a significantly poor show if my memory serves me well

I have left it a few days before coming on here as commenting in the wake of a performance like that isn't always the best as your not at your most pragmatic, constructive or helpful. You just vent !

With the exception of a hard working Bellamy LFC players on that pitch need to take a long hard look ay themselves and ask themselves if they gave of their best.

Its hard to pick out particularly poor players  such was the plethora of dross on show !

Bolton outfought, outthought and outplayed LFC from beginning to end and fully deserved the points.

Carrolll - Oh dear oh dear oh dear. He's got a touch like a trampoline and looks Championship standard (and that is being kind).

I fully expect us to produce a sterling performance on Wednesday and we may well reach the final but as someone has already commented, we are papering over the chasm at present and Kenny needs to act.

With Commolli and Kenny's record in the transfer market I would veto any attempt to buy this January and bring a few of the kids through cos from what I've seen of the reserves their better than many of the first teamers. (Johnson, Adam, Hendo, Carroll, Kuyt et al )
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 am

Thommo's perm wrote:I have read through the last two pages of people ranting, quite rightly so, at Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. But there is a player who is, if not worse, at least as sh'it as these four. Glan Johnson seems to slip inder the radar for some reason. He is a multi million pound, england international who should be tearing up trees consistantly. He is one of the first on the team sheet yet gets away with being a total sh'ithouse game after game
Why is this?

I think he would be better pushed up into RM
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:07 am

john craig wrote:Some of the knee jerk reactions on here are a complete joke.

We were hovering above the relegation zone a year ago when Dalglish came back... that's how bad we were.  Now some people are crying because we aren't in the top four?  Have a fu.cking word with yourselves.

I think his signings have been generally good.  Adam was a decent buy for 7 mil, Henderson is young and I'm sure will come good, while Enrique, Suarez and Bellamy are undoubtedly good buys.  Downing for 20 mil and Carroll for 35 mil sounded dodgy at the time, and their performances haven't changed my opinion.  Skrtel and Agger have been moulded into one of the best CB pairings in the league, while we have also given youngsters like Shelvey, Spearing, Flanagan and Kelly chances.

We play better football now and genuinely look like we are a finisher short of being a nailed on top 4 side.  Yesterday and the Spurs game aside we have genuinely outplayed every team in front of us this season.  And all this without Gerrard and now Suarez.

Get a grip and get some fu.cking perspective you whining fu.cking children.

Have to agree with this, okay too many had a bad day at the office but it was not this game that sees us in the position we are in but the lack of goals this season, if we had put away just some of the numerous chances we had in the many games we had dominated we would be right up there and this would have been seen as a blip. Look at Arsenal getting thumped by Man u and Man u getting humiliated by City, every team has a bad game now and again
Last edited by Boocity on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games