BOLTON WANDERERS VS LIVERPOOL - build up and reaction

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:25 pm

worst game this season apart from that fulham game dont know wot rafa was thinking terrible performance to all apart from gerrard
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:09 pm

drummerphil wrote:This game concerns me.The one match after such a busy December and xmas period you dont want is Bolton away.A Bolton team that have just been given a hiding by manure 4-1.Big Sam will have his players up for this one big style and its obvious they will launch high ball after high ball into our area.I wouldnt be so concerned normally after such a good run but our defensive mistakes especially the high ball against Neverton will play right into Boltons hands unless Sammi and Carra have it sorted big time.Although i would love to see us win this,its a score draw for me 1-1 more than likely.

exactly (apart from the scoreline) how it went.A good point.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:58 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Agree with that azriah, particularly about Garcia, I think he will struggle if he starts tonight. He is defo worth having on the bench though, as he could make a big impact in the last 25-30 mins if we need a goal and Bolton will be tiring. 

Toughest game we've had in a while and I'd be happy with a point. However the way we are playing at the moment, and with confidence sky high, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got yet another 3 points.

C'mon Reds.

Garcia on cue proves you right :)
Very disappointed about  the result but happy that we fought back to get a point.
Though my disappointment really shows how far the team has come in such a short time, Last season this would have been an away loss and i would have more then satisfied with an away point
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:01 am

10 points out of 12 is very good. Bolton away is one of the most diffcucult games of the season and we showed by coming from behind twice we now as a team have a backbone.

God knows why Troare played. Where the hell is Warnock?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:36 am

Guys, if it were last season's team Liverpool would get beat by more than 1 goal if we had faced last night's Bolton who are huffing and puffing bullies and cheats.

This game, although tough, is sort of a watershed of sorts as we came from behing twice, against bullies and cheats who go out to intimidate and at the same time, disrupt the flow of the game. Before we came here, Bolton let in only 2 or 3 goals, now we have doubled that!

Don't be so gloomy, this is an excellent result cnsidering that we have had 4 matches in 8 days and just after coming back from halfway round the world. Also, some of the players, being only human, should be entitled to a below-par performance such as this after the very long season we have had to endure and Rafa has bungled on his starting line-up. The result will lift the entire team as we showed to the bully boys that we are no pushovers.

I'm happy at the way Liverpool really showed character by the fight back.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games