FC UTRECHT VS LIVERPOOL - thursday 30th september 18.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Its Ok we will come good..Roy knows what he is doing! :nod

Get the owners out and they can take him with them and maybe we can start having OUR club back!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:SAME old problem plauguing the team. We are not attacking oriented.
Just pass the ball around (square pass or back pass).
No ideas going forward. Static players with ball pass behind the players or at their feet.

Liverpool players has forgotten how to hold the ball under pressure since Rafa's time.
I was hoping Roy can fix this, but it seems he too like to play like this.
If this doesn't change, I guess we need him changed as well.
Getting a different manager to play the same way is a waste of everybody's time.

Offense is the best defense, Brazil did not win World Cup titles by being the best defensive team.
I won because it is the best offensive team.
While I am ready to support the manager 100% I just cannot see how he can change his shortcomings.
A leopard never loses its spots. I hate to say this, unless he changed his coward ways in team tactics, he has no place in Liverpool.
I am already sick of the 4-5 years of rubbish coward football. Can't stand another season of this dross.
:angry:

spot on mate he seems to have the exact same tactics as rafa did. Thats probably why he never ended up getting another striker. He thought id rather flood the midfield and keep it tight mentality.

Yeah cause it really helped us when we used 2 strikers vs City.  Many big teams flood the midfield nowdays, the problem with us is that our midfield is :censored:!
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby brenitez » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm

that was shocking! we all dream of a team of carraghers but in reality weve got a team of ray wilkins! square ball or backwards what the hell is going on?
we should change our motto from Y N W A to YAWN!

lets all pray that the rbs do the right thing and rid us of th cancer that is killing OUR club.
brenitez

Postby ironman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Roy's reaction after the game.

STOP PRESS:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-reacts-to-utrecht-draw

Roy Hodgson believes Liverpool can be pleased to have gained a point against an impressive Utrecht side on Thursday night.

Both sides had chances to prevent the game ending 0-0, though with last-ditch interventions required from Pepe Reina and Raul Meireles, Hodgson had no complaints at returning home with a share of the spoils.

The result leaves Liverpool top of Group K, two points ahead of both Napoli and Utrecht.

The manager said: "It was a good point. We knew it was going to be a tough game. The occasions when they created some chances were largely of our own making. They were the result of unfortunate individual errors. I thought the shape of the team and the way we approached the game - I can have nothing but praise for my team.

"We created some good chances ourselves also. It wasn't a dull 0-0, there was activity at both ends of the field.

"Utrecht did well. They were as determined and committed as we expected them to be, so we had to be at our best defensively and we were.

"We saw some very determined chasing down from the Dutch forwards, their crossing and attacking the ball from crossing was good and it was easy to see why Utrecht have got a very good home record.

"So it's a good point to take back to Liverpool. Four points out of two games. It's the first time we haven't won one of these games but to be honest it would have been unfortunate for them if we'd won the game tonight. They would have felt hard done by. For me, a draw was a more than satisfactory result.

"I think the group is going to be very tight. The other game finished in a draw. We're top with four, then Utrecht and Napoli with two points and Steaua Bucharest with one point. It's already quite close and I think it will be close right until the end with the way this group is panning out."

Asked about the performance of Fernando Torres, who had a great second-half chance saved, Hodgson said: "There was some good combinations between him and the wide players and Dirk Kuyt. He worked very hard but he's still missing that elusive goal.

"There were a couple of quite good occasions for him to score but I think he'll feel it was a good 90-minute workout for him and another step in the right direction."

Hodgson was also quizzed on Meireles playing on the right.

He said: "We don't play with wingers. The way he plays and the way Joe Cole plays, we think (playing wide midfield) is more than suited to their qualities.

"We saw evidence of that in the game because they often got into situations where they received and turned with the ball - especially in the first half. I think we can get some use from Raul Meireles there with his passing ability."

Oh dear! ???

This guy is deluded,, has been a massive disappointment,, has brought an even more defensive gameplan to our club than rafa,, and i thought that would be impossible...11 million Merelies playing wide right?? did he not come as a defensive midfield replacement for masc??? joe cole playing wide left,,, were is there ever gona be any supply to torres??? 2 massively average holding midfielders in Poulsen and Lucas... such a negative set up, and just saying to the opposition, come and have a go and wel try to counter attack,,, i am despondent after that,, the quote... WE DONT PLAY WITH WINGERS?? says it all,,, look at all top teams,, Chelsea have at least Malouda,, plus Anelkas pace from the other side,,, the mancs,, nani, valencia, giggs, our biggest problem is the total lack of pace we have in the team,, bar torres, thats it, rant over and apoligies,, and hearing what our manager said after the game,, makes it even more depressing,, cus this is what we can look forward to for the forseeable future...
ironman

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 pm

big disappointment in our display for me tonight! but the thing that really disappointed me more than anything was our lack in self belief!! it really is a worry. the gap between the midfield & attack when we had the ball is a major concern,let alone when we don't have the ball.

when we needed to get stuck in an win possesion, we just backed off & let them play. ffs the amount of times me & me son where shouting at our midfield to stop playing so deep an create things going foward was endless! forget the discussion about we are away in europe etc, this was a game from the off that was there for the taking!

fwiw i still say an tonights perforfance hasn't changed my mind one bit- Lucas gets stick correct, cause he has played in the first team long enough now to warrent critisism. poulsen may still be bedding in to our so called style of play- sorry he really isn't good enough, he had a major chance tonight to silence any critisism,that comes his way an didn't do anything to change that for me.

no creativity, no passion, no fight, we got the result we played for,no desire to win against a really, really average team in europe is all you will get with a display that we produced tonight. my biggest concern tonight was why didn't roy change things at half time! i'm not jumping on the band wagon of -cause he doesn't know what he's doing brigade, i just thought that it nmight take on a sensible discussion,on other people's views on this. i'd love to have seen us go for a more attacking set up in the second half- imho i'd love to have seen either Lucas or poulsen taken off an replaced with either wash up front an revert to 4-4-2 or play with cole suporting torres up front with meirelles in the centre of midfield, anything, any change to bring about a more attacking set up with more urgency in our play to create more sure chances than what was produced tonight. -still keep the faith, it will be a very long season but things will improve under roy, the players just need to show the fight on the pitch to turn it around, he can't be held responsible for all at the moment.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 pm

brenitez wrote:we should change our motto from Y N W A to YAWN!

nice that actually made me smile :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby puroresu » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 pm

RH's comments are a disgrace.  This guy is on another planet and his done nothing but confirm the worries I had about him. His not the answer!!
puroresu

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:I didnt see the match but are people really calling for his head because we drew away in europe?
???

Listen - you can't defend that absolute sh*te we've been seeing. We're f*cking 16th in the league. Our football is going backwards with no sign whatsoever of improving. Torres is being instructed to f*cking come from the half way line to defend corners FFS! From Roy's appointment in the summer, so far I've seen rougly 30 minutes of football where we've looked to actually dictate and control a game, and that was the second half against Arsenal on the first day of the season, which we were down to 10 men oddly enough.  It is not the results. It's the performances! We're shockingly bad, so much so, that no team fears us, home or away. Don't even try to defend what can't be defended. If we draw or even get beat against Blackpool, Roy should get the sack or resign. Simple as that. It'll be October and we'd be 17th or worse in the league. Disgraceful.

:laugh:

Really? coming from you? you were one of people who defended the indefensible last season when we saw absolute :censored: on the field, and we had 19 f*cking losses in one season.  What happened now? Why aren't you defending the :censored: this season?

Hypocrisy :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Because this seasons performances on the pitch are worse than when we were at our worst last season .
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Because this seasons performances on the pitch are worse than when we were at our worst last season .

Right... 7th place okay, kicked off the champions league from the group stages and 19 league losses.... yeah, worse than this season when we only played 6 games!

b*llox mate
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Well this season hasn't finished yet so the end season results could easily be far worse so let's forget the final seasons results and leave the comparisons until the end of the season because I wouldn't want you to look a bit silly if the end results are worse than previous season . My quote was directed towards what I am seeing on the pitch and it's the worst I have seen since Souness was manager .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Rory Smith

on tonights game

"Too narrow, too slow, too deep. No ideas, no fluency, no style. A £10 million central midfielder, Raul Meireles, deployed on the right.

The best chance, though, fell to Mulenga, with just 10 minutes to play, as communication between Martin Kelly and Reina failed, the Zambian sneaked in and placed his shot agonisingly wide. Liverpool held on. There could be no more damning assessment than that."

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/comp ... eport.html
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Well this season hasn't finished yet so the end season results could easily be far worse so let's forget the final seasons results and leave the comparisons until the end of the season because I wouldn't want you to look a bit silly if the end results are worse than previous season . My quote was directed towards what I am seeing on the pitch and it's the worst I have seen since Souness was manager .

Give it some time.. things will change

if it doesn't, fair enough
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 pm

It needs to change soon thou - how much time do we give ? How much longer can these sort of performances go on for? We need to turn that corner and bloody quickly .
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:It needs to change soon thou - how much time do we give ? How much longer can these sort of performances go on for? We need to turn that corner and bloody quickly .

Till christmas
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games