FC UTRECHT VS LIVERPOOL - thursday 30th september 18.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 pm

i told u all this would happen. nando is fecked and we havent got any decent cover. you can talk all u like about formations at the end of the day we need goals manshite have 6 strikers
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:It needs to change soon thou - how much time do we give ? How much longer can these sort of performances go on for? We need to turn that corner and bloody quickly .

Till christmas

And what happens if things haven't improved by Xmas ?
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And what happens if things haven't improved by Xmas ?

Then fair enough, he isnt good enough for the job and we change something quickly. However, I don't think it will be the case, and I don't think will get someone better, which will worry me even more
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm

who would have the balls to drop nando.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:46 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:And what happens if things haven't improved by Xmas ?

Then fair enough, he isnt good enough for the job and we change something quickly. However, I don't think it will be the case, and I don't think will get someone better, which will worry me even more

If that worries you mate do you now see what people were worried about last season when they were talking about Rafa going - who replaces him that improves us ?!
Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:Rory Smith

on tonights game

"Too narrow, too slow, too deep. No ideas, no fluency, no style. A £10 million central midfielder, Raul Meireles, deployed on the right.

The best chance, though, fell to Mulenga, with just 10 minutes to play, as communication between Martin Kelly and Reina failed, the Zambian sneaked in and placed his shot agonisingly wide. Liverpool held on. There could be no more damning assessment than that."

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/comp ... eport.html

totally agree with most of it ciggy, apart from 'mulenga' was agonisingly wide with his shot- was he feck! it was miles wide! why do people exagerate like that, it really p1sses me off when they do that!  :p
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Could it be that because the Fans are totally against the owner the players and manager can get away with playing like $hit.

I mean if they think they can lay back and blame it all on H&G then they are gravely mistaken. I think it is also time for Fans to demand more from this group of players which are wearing the Red Shirt. I will no go to the length of booing them but yes some silence and signs asking/demanding them to show up and be counted. Gerrard should be call to gather up the team or they cal all go and Fck themselves. H&G for me at least have stopped being a factor when it comes to the performace of this specific team on the field.

No More!! This is pathetic insulting and unexcusable ,We have become the lauging stock of everyone. Where is the pride?? Where is the commitment ??? What is happening here?? Just torture seeing those guys play. Are they even proffessionals anymore?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 pm

only me wrote:Could it be that because the Fans are totally against the owner the players and manager can get away with playing like $hit.

I mean if they think they can lay back and blame it all on H&G then they are gravely mistaken. I think it is also time for Fans to demand more from this group of players which are wearing the Red Shirt. I will no go to the length of booing them but yes some silence and signs asking/demanding them to show up and be counted. Gerrard should be call to gather up the team or they cal all go and Fck themselves. H&G for me at least have stopped being a factor when it comes to the performace of this specific team on the field.

No More!! This is pathetic insulting and unexcusable ,We have become the lauging stock of everyone. Where is the pride?? Where is the commitment ??? What is happening here?? Just torture seeing those guys play. Are they even proffessionals anymore?

Good point
Thommo's perm

Postby anti-hero » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 am

we are the most horrible playing team in the whole world right now.

i'd love for the team and roy hodgson to prove me wrong, but i predict us losing the next 5 games.

i'm tired of excuses and those 'oh we had a good game actually' statements from the manager.

going back since rafa's last couple of games, we have been nothing but garbage, bereft of inspiration, with no attacking guile whatsoever. i know this place is known for sticking with the manager, be it good or bad, and i totally respect that, but i have hardly seen any worthwhile good. i will go on and say that i think roy hodgson isnt the guy for our beloved club. and his tactics just make me wince.

we were once one of the most feared sides in the world.

now we sit back, constantly pegged back in our own half, defending and hoofing the ball up, hanging on to games - by the skin of our teeth, or by a lucky miskick.
and all the while we sit and hope, just like the manager, that the specific one or two players in our team, can get a lucky touch of the ball and try to change the game.

we're a two man team more than ever.

maybe roy hasnt really gotten a fair chance, yet. but we're liverpool ffs. dont play the team like f.ucking fulham.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:21 am

am sick to death of people before 2nite making excuses for nando. I mean whatever his problems are. He never ever gets critisiized. There is no pressure for his place really and hes acting like a spoilt brat. Did anyone see that corner where pepe shouted to him to get back. He put his head down and just slowly walked up. Why wasnt ngog brought on i mean it beggars belief. I say drop him and start with ngog imean least the lad tries.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:45 am

Would he care? ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 am

Reg wrote:Would he care? ???

thats the problem reg. hes just got to realise were in a dog fight here and its not just about his own future. yes hes frustrated but for fecksake that first half performance he was walking around like a zombie. nows the time for the whole squad to put up and shut up.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 am

anti-hero wrote:maybe roy hasnt really gotten a fair chance, yet. but we're liverpool ffs. dont play the team like f.ucking fulham.

The way I look at it, the manager has changed, the style hasn't. But for me you have to take a closer look at the situation.

The one point under roy that everyone seems to overlook is the 4-4-2. That works a majority of the time, we look more positive. For me, in that formation, Roy is making that work, with the limited resources he has, he is working miracles with that formation.  The 4-2-3-1 should be scrapped.

But therein lies the dilemma, our own expert supporters acknowledge we dont have the players for that formation, and so roy is wrong in deploying it. On the other hand, we did look better in that formation against Man United using that formation but still lost eventually. And so roy utilises every player he has to deploy the tried and tested lone striker role in which the players just cannot be bothered to turn up.

So back to the quote:

maybe roy hasnt really gotten a fair chance, yet. but we're liverpool ffs. dont play the team like f.ucking fulham.

Who started the boring negative play for a draw tactic? Rafa or Roy?
Last edited by Kharhaz on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:53 am

Everyone at the club should have the blame for this game except Reina.

It still doesn't change the fact that it's not possible to get rid of every player we have though they deserve it when they play like this.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:15 am

the team under Roy Evans was probably my fave team ever, as i wasnt able to watch the teams of the 80s due to me being young. but one reason why i really liked that team, with Fowler, Macca, Collymore, Redknapp, etc was simply because they tried to play exciting football. the key word for me is try. the only other team i could envision supporting is Arsenal, for their attractive football and their effort. they don't win trophies but neither does Liverpool, and winning trophies isnt a reason why i support a club. once again, i emphasize on the key word of TRY. there has been minimal effort from both players and manager this season to play football. only Gerrard and Torres along with Reina and a few others have stood out or cannot be faulted.. the philosophy is such a contrast. i never expected us to have such negative and ineffective football under Hodgson. in short, even if we were to end up losing the match, i dont mind as long as we TRY to win. all i want is the team to be set up with an intention to take the game by its neck and throttle our opponents instead of letting them come to us. the set up is wrong, the philosophy is wrong. its not as if we dont have adventurous players. we do - Cole, Gerrard, Torres, Meireles. i hope we do not adopt a defensive approach against Blackpool. and should Roy continue to persist with his negative approach, the only person who should be off is the manager himself. he can take his footbore approach with him as well. the players need to play like they care.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games