LIVERPOOL v brighton Sat 30th Oct 3.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:28 pm

We shouldn't underestimate this mob, they currently sit 5th and have only lost 2 out of 9 and one of those was against City at the Etihad.
They won at Brentford (no easy task as we found out) and have also beaten Leicester too not to mention drawing with Arsenal so they are going well.
Looks like Keita is okay to play after being stretchered off last Sunday but the likes of Thiago, Fab and Milner are still out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:11 pm

If they went out and made a really good signing up top they'd be very good top 10 side. They move the ball well and create chances but don't have many goalscorers.

I wonder if Klopp might be tempted to go with all of our fab four and Keita with Henderson in midfield. Otherwise it will probably be Jones with either Mane or Jota on the bench.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Eagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:11 pm wrote:If they went out and made a really good signing up top they'd be very good top 10 side. They move the ball well and create chances but don't have many goalscorers.

I wonder if Klopp might be tempted to go with all of our fab four and Keita with Henderson in midfield. Otherwise it will probably be Jones with either Mane or Jota on the bench.

I don't think he'll leave Sadio out again after leaving him out against United, I could be wrong like but that's my gut instinct.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 pm

I would be surprised myself if Sadio doesn't start after missing out last week.  It's one of the biggest games we play so he must of been carrying a knock or something.

I like Matip and think he has been excellent so far this season so wouldn't mind seeing him come back in.  Maybe Matip and Konate so we can give Virgil a rest.  Mane for Bobby and Joel for Virgil are straight swaps without massively dipping off in quality.

Think we have the better of them but we can't make a raft of changes or try experimental tactics either.

Ali.

Trent                Matip         Konate           Robbo.

Keita               hendo           Jones.

Mo                   Jota            Mane.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:53 am

This will be a far tougher match than the one at Old Traford IMO. Thankfully we're playing at home but they'll still be difficult to beat. I definitely wouldn't leave out Virgil for this one, it's gonna be a tough game, he can rest against Porto or the like. And I knew it that Fab's injury will prove to be more serious than initially thought, it somehow always is. I always feel uneasy when he isn't around to protect the back 4.

I expect Konate to start ahead of Matip again and I expect to see Mane back in our attack.

Looking at Chelsea's schedule, they probably won't be dropping points any time soon, so we shouldn't either. We must keep on winning!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:47 pm

We're on a real high at the moment, if we can win this game which as Yakka rightly says is against an inform team it'll show that we're the team to beat for the title this season. City and Chelsea will push us all the way but I believe the reds are so in the groove at the mo that pure enthusiasm could win us both the league and the european cup this season. Thiago is nearly ready to start his season, and other players will be becoming available as we go into the heavy game schedule of Dec-Feb so at this stage things look very positive.

Let's go reds!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:48 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:06 pm wrote:I would be surprised myself if Sadio doesn't start after missing out last week.  It's one of the biggest games we play so he must of been carrying a knock or something.

I like Matip and think he has been excellent so far this season so wouldn't mind seeing him come back in.  Maybe Matip and Konate so we can give Virgil a rest.  Mane for Bobby and Joel for Virgil are straight swaps without massively dipping off in quality.

Think we have the better of them but we can't make a raft of changes or try experimental tactics either.

Ali.

give Virgil a rest

Are you serious ! . Against an in form team that took four points off us last season and are playing well this term you want to rest Virgil !

Think this game is gonna be more challenging than last weeks run out against the Scum.

Do however agree with your pick of Konate , I think with him alongside Virgil we are building a brick wall at the back   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Yes definitely. Need to see more re of him so we could compare the Virg/Matip paring. His speed and dominance in the air will play towards Klopp's style of high line defense
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:06 pm

...and we have lift off. Hendo 1-0

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:06 pm wrote:I would be surprised myself if Sadio doesn't start after missing out last week.  It's one of the biggest games we play so he must of been carrying a knock or something.

Ali.

give Virgil a rest

Are you serious ! . Against an in form team that took four points off us last season and are playing well this term you want to rest Virgil !

Think this game is gonna be more challenging than last weeks run out against the Scum.

Do however agree with your pick of Konate , I think with him alongside Virgil we are building a brick wall at the back   :)

Yeah being serious. He can't play every game and now that we have the quality back up he needs to be managed. If matip did play ahead of him today I believe we can still maintain our quality at the back. 

Last season them getting 4 points off us was a freaky fluke. Our form dived off a cliff but this season we are back to our best.

1 up already  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:18 pm

That was just shocking from Firmino. Got to at least hit the target especially when not under pressure.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Nabi off
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Bissouma in Red will do nicely.

Bobby missed a great chance to make it two...very un-Bobby likw

Santa