EXETER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 24 august 2011, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 am

Johnny Boy wrote:
metalhead wrote:Play the young ones in this game, can't be bothered, focus on the league is more important

There are only 3 competitions we can win so we have to try and do well in this one.
With no european football especially.

I agree
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 am

stmichael wrote:I'd start Carroll in this one for sure. It's an ideal opportunity for him to bang in a few goals and get his confidence up.

What if he doesn't score against Exeter?   :eyebrow
killerp

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:43 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:no need for team rotation except Pepe (to avoid injury), the first XI need game time and with no Europe there is no excuse to rest tired players. Full strength squad and a goal fest is what I expect.

Exeter 0 - 6 Liverpool (Carroll 2, Suarez 3, Kuyt)

Agree all. This team needs gametime to gel so even at half pace, they should be playing together as much as possible.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am

Think this is the line-up we'll see....

Doni

Flanno           Carra             Skrtel?            Robinson

Spearing           Shelvey

Kuyt                    Merieles                  Maxi

Ngog

Not sure as to the fitness of Skrtel otherwise wilson or wisdom might slip in there. Also unsure as to whether we plan on selling ngog or not, we wouldn't want to cup tie him, if this is the case, i see kuyt being shifted up front with possiby henderson coming into the side. I think we'll leave firepower on the bench in the form of Carroll, Downing, Adam, Lucas and co.

Can see us winning, maybe not so convincingly, will go with 3-1.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am

These are the kind of games we always lose and then shrug, laugh and say "Aren't domestic cup matches against lower tier teams... wierd eh?". I'd love to see a 5 or 6-nil win tonight. One things certain is that Kenny being the old school manager and filled with passion will not be letting the lads think this is a walk in the park. We'll see a different attitude to what we've seen under Woy an' Wafa. I'm looking forwards to some nice easy viewing as a Liverpool fan. Maybe my fingernails and hair will make it through the evening for a change.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 am

aCe' wrote:I think we need to be realistic in our selections here...

Carra - Wilson : We need a leader and that means that one of Carragher and Kuyt needs to start... I'd give Carra the nod given the fact that Agger is injury prone and if they both miss the game we might have some trouble at the back... Wilson to get another chance at first team football and partner Carra; we have limited options beyond him and Agger with Skrtel out injured. 

Flangan - Robinson : Some of the kids who have been getting some first team football recently and need to be given their chance again with the team.

Spearing : With Lucas bound to start almost all our league games, we should be resting him in this game... Spearing is the only sub we have to fill the role.

Meireles : A player who seemingly needed match practice after missing large parts of preseason. Will be playing to prove he deserves a spot in the starting 11. win win.

Henderson : Still finding his feet at the club. Under a lot of pressure in the first 2 games and this should be the sort of game he'd want to play in early in his Liverpool career. A good display would give him the confidence boost he needs.

Maxi - Cole : In the case of Maxi, he's surely disappointed at being frozen out after our recent acquisitions. Another one who would be determined to prove a point to the manager. Deserves to start this one if we're honest. Cole on the other hand is a funny one for me. If you believe that hes been working hard all summer to improve and compete for a spot in the team then a start here is the least we can offer him. If he's already on his way out then theres no point risking him getting injured. If we're trying to offload him and dont have an offer yet then it might be a good opportunity for both him and the club to showcase his talents.

N'gog : Constantly improving. Still not good enough as our main backup, but if he is then we might as well get him ready for when we need him. Little point keeping him on the bench without even bringing him on even when we need him. Should be a good chance for him to prove to the manager that selling him/finding a better backup isnt needed.. If he's on his way out/ trying to offload him, see Cole. 

Bench : We'll need some big guns who can change the game in case things go wrong somewhere (you never know.. sending off ?) I'd go for Downing, Carroll and Kuyt and even Enrique. Add some youngsters who can also come in and do a job if needed: Kelly, Shelvey and its sorted

Good shouts there aCe although personally I'd rather start the game with a few more first teamers i.e

.                             Doni

. Flanagan   Carragher      Wilson      Robinson

. Henderson    Meireles     Adam       Maxi

.                                   Cole
.                       Carroll

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am

According to the Echo:

LFC strike duo Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, along with new boys Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Jose Enrique were all in the squad who flew to Devon for the second round Carling Cup.

Looks like we might field a fairly strong side.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Cole, Poulson, Aqua and N'gog have stayed behind
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:Cole, Poulson, Aqua and N'gog have stayed behind

Really?

They must be on their way out then, no reason to leave them out otherwise.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:

Really?

We could do with signing another 1 or 2 with the amount leaving.  Pacheco has also gone on loan.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:29 pm

jacdaniel wrote:According to the Echo:

LFC strike duo Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, along with new boys Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Jose Enrique were all in the squad who flew to Devon for the second round Carling Cup.

Looks like we might field a fairly strong side.

at last a manager who wants to play a strong team in every competition. what a breath of fresh air
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:at last a manager who wants to play a strong team in every competition. what a breath of fresh air

compare the king's attitude to that of warnock last night who said he was "glad" to be out because he "couldn't get motivated for the competition". i despise the bloke with a passion. if a foreign manager had said that you wouldn't hear the end of it.

we only have three competitions to go for this season so we should be going all out to win every one we enter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 pm

stmichael wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:at last a manager who wants to play a strong team in every competition. what a breath of fresh air

compare the king's attitude to that of warnock last night who said he was "glad" to be out because he "couldn't get motivated for the competition". i despise the bloke with a passion. if a foreign manager had said that you wouldn't hear the end of it.

we only have three competitions to go for this season so we should be going all out to win every one we enter.

I agree, we should try and win this. No reason why we shouldn't have a good chance.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:

Really?

Absolutely gutted about Poulson mate.  :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Reg wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:

Really?

Absolutely gutted about Poulson mate.  :help

Yeah :( I had £50 on a Poulsen hat-trick. Got really good odds too. Kenny knows sweet FA about football.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games