LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - 11 apr 2011

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Great game, great performance, so glad Carroll scored, and not once but twice! Out of the 3 top winter transfers including strikers in the perm, out of Dzeko, the rent boy a.k.a. Judas (hope he was watching) and Carroll, our man scored frist in the perm and he didnt even play for like a month. Anyway, great performance by the rest of the team as well, especialy from Kuyt (Don't know how many would agree with this but he was MOM for me) and Meireles. Suarez and Lucas were Ok aswell. Glad to see Aurelio back from injury, solid performance by him as well. And ofcourse, I musnt forget about Flanagan. Such a cold blooded display, unlike Wilson, this kid had everything under control and was never nervous or showed any fear. His concentration I praise the most, but he showed that he is an excellent passer as well. Great performance by the kid, hope to see him become a world class full back in the future.

All in all, a good game from the lads, one of the greatest in the season, wish we could play like this with lesser teams :).

Oh and yeah, revenge is sweat :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Flangan did really well from what I've saw and read. Hopefully Kenny let's another few of the young uns have a go in the coming games before the season closes.

His man management is absolutely top drawer, I love how much credit he continuously gives the lads, he's proper humble in his work, a true gent

Walk on
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Citeh were rudderless without Tevez....Balotelli - he's gone; Ditto for Mancini
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 am

Greavesie wrote:His man management is absolutely top drawer, I love how much credit he continuously gives the lads, he's proper humble in his work, a true gent

Walk on

Regardless of the argument against it, man management makes a massive difference when it comes to players on match day. You can be the greatest tactician in the world, but if you dont treat people like human beings, you get robots.

I dont like to bring up Maureen, but, like Kenny, this is why he has had so much success. He builds a trusting respect with his players. This makes all the difference.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:15 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Greavesie wrote:His man management is absolutely top drawer, I love how much credit he continuously gives the lads, he's proper humble in his work, a true gent

Walk on

Regardless of the argument against it, man management makes a massive difference when it comes to players on match day. You can be the greatest tactician in the world, but if you dont treat people like human beings, you get robots.

I dont like to bring up Maureen, but, like Kenny, this is why he has had so much success. He builds a trusting respect with his players. This makes all the difference.

couldnt agree more Kharhaz, everyone seems really together at the club now and it just seems a nicer place in general, win or lose we do it together. I think its an attractive club be be at regardless now, we're moving forward together. Hopefully our Pepe sees this  :)

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Zidane » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:02 am

Balotelli will never make it at this rate btw, what a waste.  Not that it's a shame or anything, the guy isn't likeable anyway.
Zidane

Postby killerp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:02 am

We could be the reason man city drop out of the top 4 :D

Well done Carroll, the first of many goals to come.
killerp

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 am

killerp wrote:We could be the reason man city drop out of the top 4 :D

Unless we are nicking their spot, I don't want them to drop.  We will be competing this summer with spurs for a lot of players.  CL qualified spurs will be much harder to beat out of top players than El qualified spurs.

Now if we overcome both of them...  :)
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 am

Anyone know where I can watch the highlights? First game I've missed in a long time, I normally would've got up for the 3:55am kick off but today was my 2nd day at a new job so thought I should do the responsible thing and get some sleep..and it turns out I missed a great performance from the lads.

Well done to Kenny for showing his faith in young Flanagan, sounds like he didnt' let him down either, and well done to Andy Carroll for his first goals at the club. Things are looking up big time.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:17 am

Great night and so refreshing to see a young kid do well on his debut, we have some good youngsters and it's nice to see one of them get a chance.
We definitely don't need a right back for next season with Kelly, Johnson and Flanagan. You could make a case for playing Glen as a right midfielder more than ever now.

Pleased for Carroll and now he is looking fitter we will see the best of him and he linked up with Suarez well.

I also may have to backtrack on Spearing, I think he is better than I gave him credit for. Kuyt was at his best also, chasing everything down and a great finish for his goal.

The balance of the side is better when Aurelio is fit, shame that he is so injury prone.

Only negative is you can't help but look back at other games such as WBA, our record against the better sides is good, nest season we have to put away the weaker teams too.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am

metalhead wrote:omg... maypax started the match thread, we are doomed :(

maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 am

took me almost all day to get to the game and took me almost all night to get hoime, but it was well worth it.
we looked like a team, got to talk to ian rush last night and he think we are a team in progress.
Flanagan had a good game and looked every bit a liverpool player.
great to see Andy get he goals.
the only downside for me was again Reina, again he had to be told to keep his eye on the ball and also done some strange passes and almost game the ball back to man c just out side his area, but pulled off a great save late on in the game to show just what a great keeper he can be, hope he pulls his head together.

in all a great night but felt i miised out as i was stuck with the vip lot.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:34 am

In all honesty I think its best in the long term that City get the top 4. Cos even if they don't they're gonna splash the cash like mad until they get it so they might as well get it now and do whatever they have to in the summer anyway whereas Spurs getting it means they can also attract top players and make it even harder for us next season

Plus I an stand Harry Redknapp   :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 am

Best performance in 2 seasons for me.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am

Greavesie wrote:

In all honesty I think its best in the long term that City get the top 4. Cos even if they don't they're gonna splash the cash like mad until they get it so they might as well get it now and do whatever they have to in the summer anyway whereas Spurs getting it means they can also attract top players and make it even harder for us next season

Plus I an stand Harry Redknapp   :D

Harry Redknapp will not be a pream manager for much longer, he will be the England manager very soon, might even be this summer.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games