STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 10 september 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 am

mart wrote:If he was playing like this for liverpool i doubt you or anyone else would care about his wages.

Yes the wages are insane but the big clubs (liverpool included) can only blame themselves for this situation.

Disagree I think Greavise point about wages is valid and in long term our new owners strategies in terms of buying.  Will  prove far more sustainable then citeh and other sugar daddy clubs spending sprees
Last edited by laza on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 am

mart wrote:
eds wrote:Clattenberg and the linesman should have been SHOT for their inability to do their jobs.

Stoke are :censored:' dogs, won't shed any tears the day they are relegated, negative rubbish football for 90 mins.

Its a mistake to blame this on the ref's.

Carra gave away yet another penalty, and we didnt take our chances. Stoke was happy to sit back with 11 men and let us dominate possesion, and they did it well.

Did you see the penalty?

Fucking soft decision.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 am

Bottom line is it was a below par show from our boys and they will need to improve on that. Its 4 games but weve had 2 good and 2 poor performances and to be in that champs league mix we will need to be more consistent than that and I have no doubt this will driven home behind closed doors. Difficult game at Spurs and no room for errors and slapdash finishing down there or we will be on the end of another reverse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:One of those days.

Simple as that. Normally after we are beat I'm in bad form for the rest of the day, but today was different. We were very good today and but for a little bit of bad luck, some bad refereeing and some poor finishing we would have won today easily. I'm not to down about it all, I fancy us to go to spurs next week and win. We look confident as a team and there is plenty of goals in the team.

Charlie Adam wasn't great today in my opinion and when Carroll came of the bench he was very poor, Downing again looked very good.

We move on.

Dundalk mate, the difference is, the filth who IMO are no great shakes at the moment managed to put 5 past Bolton. OUR finishing was cack. We still haven't got it right up front....

Only just read this comment!

Are you kidding me? "no great shakes", this is arguably th best start united have ever had.

We all hate united but to suggest they aren't much is stupidity.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:16 am

parchpea wrote:Bottom line is it was a below par show from our boys and they will need to improve on that. Its 4 games but weve had 2 good and 2 poor performances and to be in that champs league mix we will need to be more consistent than that and I have no doubt this will driven home behind closed doors. Difficult game at Spurs and no room for errors and slapdash finishing down there or we will be on the end of another reverse.

That's a bit hursh don't you think? we had 2 good games and 2 avarage games in which we had our good share of oppertunities to finish the game off.

I find it encouraging that in contrast to last season even on our not so good performance we are creating chances to score ,in which last season we could have played 190 days and no get a sniff at goal. Results were disappointing against Sunderland and Stoke but chances were made and missed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:55 am

I re-watched the game on LFC TV last night.  I dont get why Carroll is being slated when he came on.  The service to him was appauling.

I did think that we looked great in possession and on another day could easily have scored 2 or 3 times.

Ref was right about the last peno shout we had against Upson.. never a penalty.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Greavesie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am

Ref was right about the last peno shout we had against Upson.. never a penalty.

would have been extremely fortunate to get that but the reaction to not getting it was probably more down to the decisions that went against us before that, just tensions boiled over and a few of our lads tried a different approach :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

I really do believe it was just one of them days.  All the top tema will have them at some point this year... and I wouldnt be surprised if they where all at Stoke!! :D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 pm

The team has time to gel and work on things but I dont think we should be under any illusion that behind the scenes they will be expecting a lot from these lads just like we are. The public face of Dalglish will be quite different to that in a changing room or on a training ground. Its a new group, and a new regime, but despite that rightly being taken into account the stakes for everyone at the club are high a defeat to Stoke, even at this early stage will not be brushed off as if its nothing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I've seen the game and on another day.. well at least 3 goals ay to us.

So lets move on I like you all was very 'gutted' .. but have no fears, we will beat Spurs, we are more than good enough to stay in that top 4 ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games