EXETER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 24 august 2011, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby brentd4 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:04 pm

id like to see something like this, and this team is very much our second choice team in all positions, which shows how strong our squad is this season, looks brill.

doni
flanagan        kelly           skrtel        robinson

spearing
maxi          henderson       meireles        cole

ngog

jones, carragher, wilson, shelvey, sterling, kuyt, pacheco

that line up is capable of hammering exeter, maybe even so much that we could see 30mins of raheem sterlings magic
brentd4

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I don't think we need to play anyone leaving in this transfer window.  So I hope cole doesn't play :p

I wouldn't mind a mix of kids and seasoned pros.  Maxi, Coady, Shelvey, Henderson in midfield maybe some of the youth in attack and experience at the back.  Just not a repeat of Northampton please!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:52 pm

metalhead wrote:Play the young ones in this game, can't be bothered, focus on the league is more important

There are only 3 competitions we can win so we have to try and do well in this one.
With no european football especially.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:56 pm

no to sterling, shelvey, ngog -we play these three we get beat, simple as
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 pm

For me all the players who underperformed over the last two weeks (Henderson, Carroll) should be starting. Other senior players should be rested ahead of our game against Bolton at the weekend.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 am

I think we need to be realistic in our selections here...

Carra - Wilson : We need a leader and that means that one of Carragher and Kuyt needs to start... I'd give Carra the nod given the fact that Agger is injury prone and if they both miss the game we might have some trouble at the back... Wilson to get another chance at first team football and partner Carra; we have limited options beyond him and Agger with Skrtel out injured. 

Flangan - Robinson : Some of the kids who have been getting some first team football recently and need to be given their chance again with the team.

Spearing : With Lucas bound to start almost all our league games, we should be resting him in this game... Spearing is the only sub we have to fill the role.

Meireles : A player who seemingly needed match practice after missing large parts of preseason. Will be playing to prove he deserves a spot in the starting 11. win win.

Henderson : Still finding his feet at the club. Under a lot of pressure in the first 2 games and this should be the sort of game he'd want to play in early in his Liverpool career. A good display would give him the confidence boost he needs.

Maxi - Cole : In the case of Maxi, he's surely disappointed at being frozen out after our recent acquisitions. Another one who would be determined to prove a point to the manager. Deserves to start this one if we're honest. Cole on the other hand is a funny one for me. If you believe that hes been working hard all summer to improve and compete for a spot in the team then a start here is the least we can offer him. If he's already on his way out then theres no point risking him getting injured. If we're trying to offload him and dont have an offer yet then it might be a good opportunity for both him and the club to showcase his talents.

N'gog : Constantly improving. Still not good enough as our main backup, but if he is then we might as well get him ready for when we need him. Little point keeping him on the bench without even bringing him on even when we need him. Should be a good chance for him to prove to the manager that selling him/finding a better backup isnt needed.. If he's on his way out/ trying to offload him, see Cole. 

Bench : We'll need some big guns who can change the game in case things go wrong somewhere (you never know.. sending off ?) I'd go for Downing, Carroll and Kuyt and even Enrique. Add some youngsters who can also come in and do a job if needed: Kelly, Shelvey and its sorted
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:15 pm

I'd start Carroll in this one for sure. It's an ideal opportunity for him to bang in a few goals and get his confidence up.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 pm

stmichael wrote:I'd start Carroll in this one for sure. It's an ideal opportunity for him to bang in a few goals and get his confidence up.

agreed, I'd like to see Carroll start his scoring run tonight
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Greavesie wrote:
stmichael wrote:I'd start Carroll in this one for sure. It's an ideal opportunity for him to bang in a few goals and get his confidence up.

Is it not tomorrow???
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

Is it not tomorrow???

fack knows, I thought tonight  :D

aye, we're tomorrow - loads of others are tonight tho

my bad
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

is it on tele?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Raoul » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

According to www.wiziwig.eu (what used to be known as myp2p.eu) there isn't even a stream of the game... Can't believe that, I mustn't be operating their new interface properly.

EDIT: I worked it out, here is the page for the streams:

http://www.wiziwig.eu/livespo....verpool

Nothing listed just yet...
Last edited by Raoul on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Who says that Skrtel is injured? Wasn't he on the bench when we played Arsenal? If he was fit enough to be on the bench 3 days ago against Arsenal than I'm sure he'll be fit enough to start against Exeter tomorrow.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm

I'd play Carrolll too...he needs the match time and would help him if he bagged a few goals in the process
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:58 pm

No need to do anything drastic with team selection but we might want to keep a few fresh legs for Saturday. And we should probably leave out the players we are trying to sell to aviod injury.

Reina

Kelly     Carragher     Skrtel     Aurelio

Spearing     Shelvey

Maxi     Meireles     Downing

Kuyt

Subs: Carroll, Suso, Sterling, Lucas, Flanagan, Robinson, Doni

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games