LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - 11 apr 2011

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 pm

ethanr wrote:MH, I thought Spearing started well, then struggled a bit in the middle, but by the end of the half he had really picked it up and showed he is capable of adapting.  Honestly, I thought every single player can be happy with their performance in the first half.  I'd say the quietest players were Skrtel and Reina, and not because they did bad, they just didn't see much of the ball.

5 total fouls in the first half by both teams combined, and 4 by us at home.  We are not a dirty club.. but 5 fouls total is too low.  it's obvious that the ref is letting too much go.  1 foul in the entire first half for city.. c'mon ref.

you know what he had a :censored: amazing second half
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 pm

LOL

Fowler on Carroll

"I'd probably give him 10 out of 10 but he spoils it with that pony tail. I'd give him a 9."

:D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 pm

great performance, should have been 4 or 5 nil. Suarez looked tired a bit at the end, but he worked his socks off in the first half and was very dangerous. The Man City defence had so many problems defending against Carroll who was just magnificent in the air and scored 2 fantastic goals. Kuyt was good old Kuyt working his b@lls off, getting into the right positions trying to make something happen, fantastic performance from him today. Lucas and Spearing did a very solid job in midfield, so did Skrtel and Carragher in defense. Flanagan had a good solid debut today, looked very composed and looks like a no none sense defender to me, needs to work on his final ball though. Aurelio looked class, why oh why can't he stay fit for more than 2 games? brilliant performance from him today
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 pm

burjennio wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Maybe now we can have Flanagan behind Johnson and move Kelly into the CD for next season, improve the first 22 before weve even baegn to buy. I said afew months back that i thought Flanagan could be a steady eddy for us and a no nonsense player like Carra. He certainly has the credentials to carve out a great carreer for himself.

Or maybe we can flog Johnson to Spurs for £13m and buy someone that doesnt have the concentration levels of a goldfish

Bit harsh hes been class since kenny came in and was great in his first season here (minus the games coming back from injuries) Dont see the point in gtting rid of him as hes versatile and is despite what some people think one of the better squad players.

However mate at 13 million i would think about it depending on whether our summer targets are brought in quickly or the transfers are drawn out.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 pm

metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:MH, I thought Spearing started well, then struggled a bit in the middle, but by the end of the half he had really picked it up and showed he is capable of adapting.  Honestly, I thought every single player can be happy with their performance in the first half.  I'd say the quietest players were Skrtel and Reina, and not because they did bad, they just didn't see much of the ball.

5 total fouls in the first half by both teams combined, and 4 by us at home.  We are not a dirty club.. but 5 fouls total is too low.  it's obvious that the ref is letting too much go.  1 foul in the entire first half for city.. c'mon ref.

you know what he had a :censored: amazing second half

Ya he really did.  He lost those jitters he had in the first and seemed to avoid all the mistakes he was making.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Just watching the body language of Fowler on sky, and I cant help but think Robbie thinks Redknapp is a tw@t !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
burjennio wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Maybe now we can have Flanagan behind Johnson and move Kelly into the CD for next season, improve the first 22 before weve even baegn to buy. I said afew months back that i thought Flanagan could be a steady eddy for us and a no nonsense player like Carra. He certainly has the credentials to carve out a great carreer for himself.

Or maybe we can flog Johnson to Spurs for £13m and buy someone that doesnt have the concentration levels of a goldfish

Bit harsh hes been class since kenny came in and was great in his first season here (minus the games coming back from injuries) Dont see the point in gtting rid of him as hes versatile and is despite what some people think one of the better squad players.

However mate at 13 million i would think about it depending on whether our summer targets are brought in quickly or the transfers are drawn out.

I'd like to keep Johnson as well, but hell if we could trade him for Aaron Lennon, I'd def consider it.
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

burjennio wrote:apparantly city have 12 shots at goal ???

most of them 35 yards out!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Just watching the body language of Fowler on sky, and I cant help but think Robbie thinks Redknapp is a tw@t !

In a mates way...

They are best friends after all
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Anyone realized there was no hoofing today? and Carroll scored 2 goals when they didn't play it directly to him?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Just watching the body language of Fowler on sky, and I cant help but think Robbie thinks Redknapp is a tw@t !

In a mates way...

They are best friends after all

Oh yeah, like we do with family members. Love em and all but theres times when you look at them and just think, what a tw@t !  :D
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 pm

metalhead wrote:Anyone realized there was no hoofing today? and Carroll scored 2 goals when they didn't play it directly to him?

Carra wasn't at right back, that's why.

Men against boys.

Oh, and it appears I've found life.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

metalhead wrote:Anyone realized there was no hoofing today? and Carroll scored 2 goals when they didn't play it directly to him?

Thats because there was no pressure whatsoever from the City front players. Carra and co were able to pick passes at will and were not hurried at all. Compare that to the work Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez put in and you see why it ws such a mauling.

Hope their lot have a bit of wounded pride after tonight and have a right go at Utd this weekend!
burjennio

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Remember the name..................John Flanagan
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Remember the name..................John Flanagan

:buttrock
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games