STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 10 september 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 am

Clattenberg and the linesman should have been SHOT for their inability to do their jobs.

Stoke are :censored:' dogs, won't shed any tears the day they are relegated, negative rubbish football for 90 mins.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby laza » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:34 am

Dundalk wrote:One of those days.

Simple as that. Normally after we are beat I'm in bad form for the rest of the day, but today was different. We were very good today and but for a little bit of bad luck, some bad refereeing and some poor finishing we would have won today easily. I'm not to down about it all, I fancy us to go to spurs next week and win. We look confident as a team and there is plenty of goals in the team.

We move on.

Morning after here in OZ pretty much sums it up for me

I cant remember the last time i still felt so upbeat after a loss
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:44 am

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Zidane

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:05 am

laza wrote:Morning after here in OZ pretty much sums it up for me

I cant remember the last time i still felt so upbeat after a loss

Hope it works for me.  I'm still drinking it off.  It's only 10pm here LOL
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 am

I agree the refereeing was sh#t and that was an understatement. We should have a penalty from the handball. But we also have ourselves to blame for not being good enough to break down the Stoke tight defence and got at least an equaliser. Suarez from my analysis of his football is a good ball controller but his finishing is not as good as Torres at him prime. We desperately need a prolific goal scorer of the calibre of Torres/Owen/Fowler/Rush to stand any chance of finishing in top 4 and Carroll so far doesn't look like.
alwayslfc

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:27 am

Saw the defeat coming as soon as they got the penalty. Even with all this money spent and with new management, we still don't have the ability to win after conceding.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:35 am

redtrader74 wrote:Really piss3d off by the result, and I hate making excuses, it was a moment of stupidness that cost us the game, Carra did not have to make a challenge, Walters was going nowhere and carra just needed to stand up to him goal side.

Time to let Skrtel or Coates have a chance of playing next to Agger. Carragher is past it, his mistakes will cost us more points.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:55 am

Dundalk wrote:One of those days.

Simple as that. Normally after we are beat I'm in bad form for the rest of the day, but today was different. We were very good today and but for a little bit of bad luck, some bad refereeing and some poor finishing we would have won today easily. I'm not to down about it all, I fancy us to go to spurs next week and win. We look confident as a team and there is plenty of goals in the team.

Charlie Adam wasn't great today in my opinion and when Carroll came of the bench he was very poor, Downing again looked very good.

We move on.

Dundalk mate, the difference is, the filth who IMO are no great shakes at the moment managed to put 5 past Bolton. OUR finishing was cack. We still haven't got it right up front....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:42 am

I agree with the people who are upbeat, the officials were terrible and Stoke are just a horrible lot.
However, if we are going to challenge for the league we have to go to these places and win.
You cannot spurn gilt edge chances like we did yesterday.

I am worried about Carroll, the fact is we paid £35m for him and at the moment he doesn't even look fit.
Whereas you look at what Aguero is doing at City.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:47 am

aCe' wrote:Wasn't a bad performance but whats disappointing is that the game was there for the taking (make no mistake about it, Stoke did very little through the middle of the park and had a poor game pressing our players in the middle) yet we failed to do what the top top clubs do best which is exploit opposition weaknesses.

We slowed down the pace to one that was more comfortable for them and weren't really able to take our chances. Happens and hopefully we'll recover and learn from our mistakes today..

It's not that we slowed down to their pace, it's the fact that we have very little pace in the team. Except Downing the midfield is super slow.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:I agree with the people who are upbeat, the officials were terrible and Stoke are just a horrible lot.
However, if we are going to challenge for the league we have to go to these places and win.

I am worried about Carroll, the fact is we paid £35m for him and at the moment he doesn't even look fit.

[quote]
Challenging for the league? If Man U, MCity keep playing like they've been doing for the first 4 games, the PL is totally out of the question. We only stand a chance at finishing 4th this season.
alwayslfc

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:I agree with the people who are upbeat, the officials were terrible and Stoke are just a horrible lot.

We could well have paid 40mil for Aguero but the player probably wouldn't have come without CL football.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Aguero, fark that for his wages. He could be worth every penny but its the effect it has on the rest of the team that bothers me. Pay Aguero £200,000+ and you'll have a few others demanding the same. The fees may be the same but the cost of keeping Aguero will massively outweigh that of Carroll. I'm not saying that Carroll is a better by for a second, long term stability is the important issue. A ridiculously high percentage of City's revenue goes on wages alone, its absolutely crazy.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mart » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

eds wrote:Clattenberg and the linesman should have been SHOT for their inability to do their jobs.

Stoke are :censored:' dogs, won't shed any tears the day they are relegated, negative rubbish football for 90 mins.

Its a mistake to blame this on the ref's.

Carra gave away yet another penalty, and we didnt take our chances. Stoke was happy to sit back with 11 men and let us dominate possesion, and they did it well.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Greavesie wrote:Aguero, fark that for his wages. He could be worth every penny but its the effect it has on the rest of the team that bothers me. Pay Aguero £200,000+ and you'll have a few others demanding the same. The fees may be the same but the cost of keeping Aguero will massively outweigh that of Carroll. I'm not saying that Carroll is a better by for a second, long term stability is the important issue. A ridiculously high percentage of City's revenue goes on wages alone, its absolutely crazy.

If he was playing like this for liverpool i doubt you or anyone else would care about his wages.

Yes the wages are insane but the big clubs (liverpool included) can only blame themselves for this situation.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games