ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:23 am

When did we last beat arsenal away?gota be at least 10 years
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:35 am

Greavesie wrote:I'm reading Djourou was hurt as well as Gibbs, both hammies. Can anyone confirm?

So Song, Wilshere, Gervinho, Nasri, Fabregas, Djourou and Gibbs all missing for various reasons, I genuinely fancy our chances and will be disappointed if we don't capitalise on their current predicament

why is Song not playing?

I know Gervinho is suspended. Gibbs, Wilshere, Nasri and Djourou are either injured or unlikely to play. Eboue and Fabregas have been sold, Vela is on loan, and this leaves:

Szczesny, Fabianski, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Squillaci, Traore, Jenkinson, Sagna, Song(?), Frimpong, Diaby, Rosicky, Van Persie, Ramsey, Arshavin, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Miyaichi and Chamakh.

Their defense is there for the taking. This is how they will probably line up:

Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Traore

Alternatively, Traore could be dropped and Jenkinson could be thrown into the fray in central defense while Vermaelen takes the left side. I highly doubt Wenger would be dumb enough to throw Squillaci into the game with someone like Suarez around but, you never know with him.

They do have a strong midfield though, with Ramsey, Rosicky, Arshavin, Walcott and Diaby plus Van Persie in attack.

I think Aquilani should play. He will own them.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:26 am

Any news on gerrards fitness? All gone a bit quiet.

I would give aquillani a run out, arsenal are not all that physical.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:09 am

Agreed. Aquaman or Meireles in the centre of the park.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

RedSi35 wrote:Any news on gerrards fitness? All gone a bit quiet.

I would give aquillani a run out, arsenal are not all that physical.

Sky Sports reported he has returned to light training. On course for a September comeback
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 am

Arsenal were shit last night. Udinese opened them up for fun and subsequently missed 4 1-on-1's. Any premiership side would of scored at least 1 of those chances.

They lost Gibbs and Djourou to injury. Defensively they are there for the taking. My Arsenal mates are already writing off this season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 am

I have this really strange feeling that we will f*ck up for some reason
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I'm reading Djourou was hurt as well as Gibbs, both hammies. Can anyone confirm?

So Song, Wilshere, Gervinho, Nasri, Fabregas, Djourou and Gibbs all missing for various reasons, I genuinely fancy our chances and will be disappointed if we don't capitalise on their current predicament

why is Song not playing?

I know Gervinho is suspended. Gibbs, Wilshere, Nasri and Djourou are either injured or unlikely to play. Eboue and Fabregas have been sold, Vela is on loan, and this leaves:

Szczesny, Fabianski, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Squillaci, Traore, Jenkinson, Sagna, Song(?), Frimpong, Diaby, Rosicky, Van Persie, Ramsey, Arshavin, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Miyaichi and Chamakh.

Their defense is there for the taking. This is how they will probably line up:

Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Traore

Alternatively, Traore could be dropped and Jenkinson could be thrown into the fray in central defense while Vermaelen takes the left side. I highly doubt Wenger would be dumb enough to throw Squillaci into the game with someone like Suarez around but, you never know with him.

They do have a strong midfield though, with Ramsey, Rosicky, Arshavin, Walcott and Diaby plus Van Persie in attack.

I think Aquilani should play. He will own them.

I'm sure he's being charged for the stamp, not yet though I don't think
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 am

LFCTransferSpec Echo: #LFC are hoping Daniel Agger will recover from a dead leg in time to face Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:57 am

A part from their deflated squad i think Arsenal will be focused on their CL qualifier match...We have a pretty good chance on getting a good result (which only means fcking them up).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

metalhead wrote:LFCTransferSpec Echo: #LFC are hoping Daniel Agger will recover from a dead leg in time to face Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday

:(

kin pussy  :no
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

this game is so there for us to win, there are no excuses if we dont, to me that side is as weak as any mid table team, we have to f*ckin win liverpool, no sh!ttin around, no europe so give this gaME EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND IT COULD BE A MEMORABLE WIN, AND ONE I CAN THROW AT MY GOONER COUSIN WHO THINKS THEY HAVE A BETTER MIDFIELD THAN US HAHAHA    sorry for the capitals mid way through but cant be arsed changing it
brentd4

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Ar$enal  1 - 4 liverpool (Suarez, Downing, Carroll 2)

lets rip 'em a new one lads
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Seriously, we have to win this one. It's away but they're missing half of their squad and are probably tiered because of yesterday's match. But I share the opinion with metalhead, I also have a strange feeling that we'll feck this one up. The players aren't used to each other yet and it's still too soon for Kenny to be certain what formation, line-up and tactics would be the best with our players. But still, I'll be disappointed with anything less than a win. It's an important match against a very weakened opponent, wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a key match when we look at the table at the end of the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd we get a win we are kind of back on track as I would have taken a draw and  a win from our opening 2 games before the season started!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games