ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 20 august 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:00 am

Good time to play them with all the personel issues they have at the moment + two very important European games either side of our match. A few selection dilemmas for Kenny now that we have a bigger squad. I think we need to play with a genuine 5 (4-2-3-1) in midfield and I also think you'd want Kuyt's industry and workrate (given it's Arsenal) for this one which leaves a straight toss up between Downing and Suarez on the left. Obviously Suarez wins that one hands down so I'd be tempeted to go with the following. I think the Gooners will be a little lightweight in the middle of the park so I think the energy and workwate of Spearing would be a good shout for this one. He gets the nod ahead of Henderson for me.

Reina

Kelly or Flanno         Carra         Agger         Enrique

Spearing      Lucas

Adam

Kuyt                                             Suarez

Carroll
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 am

Scottbot wrote:Good time to play them with all the personel issues they have at the moment + two very important European games either side of our match. A few selection dilemmas for Kenny now that we have a bigger squad. I think we need to play with a genuine 5 (4-2-3-1) in midfield and I also think you'd want Kuyt's industry and workrate (given it's Arsenal) for this one which leaves a straight toss up between Downing and Suarez on the left. Obviously Suarez wins that one hands down so I'd be tempeted to go with the following. I think the Gooners will be a little lightweight in the middle of the park so I think the energy and workwate of Spearing would be a good shout for this one. He gets the nod ahead of Henderson for me.

Reina

Kelly or Flanno         Carra         Agger         Enrique

Spearing      Lucas

Adam

Kuyt                                             Suarez

Carroll

You realize you've left out Downing, our arguably best or second best player against Sunderland, and the player that makes Carroll most effective.

SCS, what you said was 100% spot on.  That looks like a really good lineup for the game as Downing has the crazy speed and could cause a lot of problems playing as a third striker.  We could probably see him getting in behind their RB and getting to the byline a bit.

I'm excited for this game.  I have high expectations, and with hopefully Johnson and Kuyt starting over Flanno and Hendo, I believe we will do really well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:37 am

I'm so annoyed not only won't see the game but I can't find out the result until Sunday as I am on a flight to LA midday Saturday. No idea why we aren't the super sunday game
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm so annoyed not only won't see the game but I can't find out the result until Sunday as I am on a flight to LA midday Saturday. No idea why we aren't the super sunday game

No wireless internet on the plane? A lot of new planes have been equipped with wifi now.

Anyways, we have an appalling record at the Emirates and we haven't even beat them yet there, let's hope this time we win, they have no one just bunch of 18 year olds.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 am

We're due a win at that stadium...

But i think it'll be a draw TBH and we'll already be playing catch up.  Expected this to happen though with all the new players
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 am

metalhead wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm so annoyed not only won't see the game but I can't find out the result until Sunday as I am on a flight to LA midday Saturday. No idea why we aren't the super sunday game

No wireless internet on the plane? A lot of new planes have been equipped with wifi now.

Anyways, we have an appalling record at the Emirates and we haven't even beat them yet there, let's hope this time we win, they have no one just bunch of 18 year olds.

I fly a lot and am yet to find a transatlantic airline who offer wifi. Internal US flights do but only because they don't cross an large body of water. The wifi signal has to be hosted somewhere on the ground.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 am

Am i right in saying that this is Saturday morning at 12:45 on Sky sports?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I fly a lot and am yet to find a transatlantic airline who offer wifi. Internal US flights do but only because they don't cross an large body of water. The wifi signal has to be hosted somewhere on the ground.

:blush:

Forgot your crossing the atlantic, that's true, they are in the process to equip wifi though.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm

i've got a funny feeling we'll win here. don't know why. probably something to do with the turmoil arsenal are in at the moment.

i expect kuyt to come in for henderson and either carroll or suarez to start on the bench in place of an extra midfielder (probably mereiles). if we go in with a 4 man midfield we'll get overrun.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 pm

RVP captain and Vermalen vice...Sounds like that armband's gonna get passed around more than a 3 quid whore
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Van Persie and Arshavin can still cause us plenty of problems. Got a feeling Nasri could play too.

Eboue has left though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Speaking of wifi on a plane and Emirates, anyone know if Emirates offers wifi on all flights or selected ones?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Don't think Gibbs will play.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm reading Djourou was hurt as well as Gibbs, both hammies. Can anyone confirm?

So Song, Wilshere, Gervinho, Nasri, Fabregas, Djourou and Gibbs all missing for various reasons, I genuinely fancy our chances and will be disappointed if we don't capitalise on their current predicament
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 am

I know its early in the season but we have to go there to win. We cannot lose this game. 2 upfront and press them high up the field. Go at the early and don't let them find their game.

My only worry after Saturday is our fitness
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games