ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - 10 feb 2010, ko: 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby made in UK » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm

bavlondon wrote:Was Carra injured? Why on earth bring Degen on in a game like this is beyond me. Gutted

Suspected groin strain
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

andy_g wrote:pretty unlucky there, i thought. i know its a cliche now but i'm sure with torres on the pitch we'd have got something out of that game. ngog seems to get into decent positions but his lack of skill and lack of aggression really let him down again. i thought that maxi was ok, and if he remembers where he left his shooting boots he'll get a few goals for us. he gets himself into nice positions and makes some clever runs. lucas did ok as well, and if his effort had gone in it would have been a screamer.

as long as we remain so toothless up front though its going to be an uphill struggle to beat man city to fourth spot.

With Torres on the pitch there is always a chance he will convert if you give him a chance. There was a few times tonight where I looked at NGog and thought wed  be 1-0 up if we have nando on the pitch. Still he's young and Arsenal is a tough test I can't fault him...

But yeah we are still a bit toothless going forward. No Yossi or Aquilani.

Also I don't quite get this Maxi on the left thing. Riera is decent going forward and should have started.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 pm

made in UK wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Was Carra injured? Why on earth bring Degen on in a game like this is beyond me. Gutted

Suspected groin strain

I suspected as much. Hopefully Johnson will be back soon.

It's common knowledge I know but Degen is not good enough. He surely has to be one of the first ones out the door come the summer. Id much rather have someone like Kelly or Darby on than him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm

andy_g wrote:as long as we remain so toothless up front though its going to be an uphill struggle to beat man city to fourth spot.

Agree totally. We really need to adopt a more direct tactic, as in, not relying on one striker to do the job. Even with Torres, so many times they are marked out of the game and then we are left relying on others to get the goals. And so many times we have seen what they can do, constantly hit shots against the bar or goalkeepers helping them to earn the man of the match award.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 pm

I had a fear after the Utd and Chelsea games that people would expect us to dismantle Arsenal in a similar fashion. However both those clubs have a lot of attacking talent, something we can't say just yet. On our day with our strongest 11 yes we can but we are far from that right now due to injuries. Anyway we tried and we have to make sure we beat City and open up a gap at 4th place.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm

15 browsing this topic......most strangely quiet....... ???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 pm

I dont like going back to previous games but I wouldn't feel so bad about this result had we beaten Wolves and Stoke. Anyway time to look to the next game now. I've had enough..

Night  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 am

Just watching MOTD an saw my bitter fat gobsh.ite of a son behind the goal.,  ??? didnt even know he went
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am

feck it - didn't know MOTD was on tonight....oh well, time for bed....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 am

One thing that annoyed me a bit tonight was why Riera didnt play, I honestly think he would of offered more than Maxi tonight Yes i understand Maxi is a good player but he is gonna take getting used to the phisical side and the pace of the prem, imo i thought this game was perfect for Albert on the wing tonight i think he would of been more of a threat than Maxi TBH.

An feck off all you bitters on facebook have yehs forgot already , bast.ards
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just watching MOTD an saw my bitter fat gobsh.ite of a son behind the goal.,  ??? didnt even know he went

but he's your son!  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 am

anti-hero wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Just watching MOTD an saw my bitter fat gobsh.ite of a son behind the goal.,  ??? didnt even know he went

but he's your son!  :D

BUT HES A BITTER !

Bloody hell....

:D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 am

john craig wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Let's face it. We weren't good enough.  :(

Neither were they though woof, I'm not having it that we deserved to lose that.

Cant be reading every page or reply on this match.

Just to say John i agree, i thought we did ok and deserved a point.
But every game we play is touch and go to me.
With our toothless attack and lack of options i mean.
The first goal in most games is vital but more so with us, if we score first then we do have an organisation and determined spirit about us.
But if we concede first we have a chronic lack of creativity and options to change things.
The first time i ever felt like that in a game was the cup game against everton last season, it was that bad it was worrying.
Even before Lucas was sent off we were awful and looked to be hoping to score a goal and cling on.
I dont want to start slagging people after a defeat in what was a difficult game but its all too predictable.
Try and frustrate the opposition, if we score defend like hell if we conceded - look short of ideas and hope that something will change.
Not slagging individuals off tonight, just think the result could happen almost every game we play, things are that tight and we are that devoid of attacking threat.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 am

they weren't creating much at home, but we don't have the pace to really be dangerous on the counter attack, and although N'gog has some pace, he lacks the composure.  Didn't think Gerrard was at his best and certainly Maxi had a poor day at the shooting office, also Lucas had a chance and should have had another chance but Gerrard misplaced the pass.  That was our biggest problem not being crisp in our passing game and N'gog not being able to hold it up, which sometimes he does well, sometimes he doesn't.

for the most part we looked good defensively, until Carra went off. Probably should have put on Kelly, but I guess Degen had more match time in the last couple months.

The team is really designed around a fit and firing Torres and Gerrard, and to be at our absolute top form we need Johnson too

We didn't do enough to win, but we played well enough to draw, just didn't go our way. Arsenal away should be the 3rd toughest fixture of the year, no shame in losing.  We could still end up catching them depend on if they can carry on from their win or not.
JoeTerp

Postby red_guy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:12 am

woof woof ! wrote:Let's face it. We weren't good enough.  :(

Agree with that statement. In order to win, we need to create lots of chances and give them a hard time in defense. Our focus tonight was to be defensive and for that i don't think we're good enough or deserve to win the game.

By the way, i'm sick of Ngog. If that's the kind of 'quality' we have and rely on, then i guess we should be ready to say goodbye to Champions League next season.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games