Season scapegoats - Who's your pick

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shadowman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:36 pm

my scapegoat are the liverpool fans themselves.

they have made our players soft and not battle hardened,by getting behind a guy who is just not cutting it.

take a look barcelona ,rijkaard brought back the glory yet his time is nearly up because he is no longer cutting it.

fabio capello brought the league back to madrid but got the boot .

rafa wins 1 champions league on penalties despite a shocking season,where he went public with attacks on players because they were that bad. yet our standards are so low that we are just grateful for the crumbs given to us...."please sir can i have some more".

i don't have a problem with rafa as long as they bring somebody in above him to buy the players.
at valencia he had very little say in who came in which is why he left and came to us.

his rotation only works if everybody is quality and is enjoying life and their surroundings.

as far as i'm concerned what liverpool need is a flash charismatic loud mouth like shankly.
none of this i'm a humble mexican peasant routine that we have been served up by evan,houlier and now borenitez.
shadowman

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:53 pm

shadowman wrote:as far as i'm concerned what liverpool need is a flash charismatic loud mouth like shankly.
none of this i'm a humble mexican peasant routine that we have been served up by evan,houlier and now borenitez.

So who would you prefer?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby shadowman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 pm

it means i'll no longer be able to call him moronio anymore but maybe he is the one.

liverpool need a dose of arrogance around the place, but not the sort that messes the team around like benitez.

we need somebody who interact with the crowd and can whip them up into a frenzy just by saying a few words .

i know he has offended my family and he has offended the shaolin temple,but i sense an irony that he could end up being the chosen one.
shadowman

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm

shadowman wrote:it means i'll no longer be able to call him moronio anymore but maybe he is the one.

liverpool need a dose of arrogance around the place, but not the sort that messes the team around like benitez.

we need somebody who interact with the crowd and can whip them up into a frenzy just by saying a few words .

i know he has offended my family and he has offended the shaolin temple,but i sense an irony that he could end up being the chosen one.

I like Rafa and hope he stays but if he were to leave then Mourinho would look like best option right now.  But I've got to warn you that he's not the type of manager who will stay here to build a dynasty and the football will probably be very boring to watch.  I'd rather have Rijkaard here though, since this is probably his last season at Barca.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby shadowman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:36 pm

the thing is even though moronio has left chelsea they seem stable.

my only fear about rijkaard is that he does not have the charisma to keep a dressing room happy
if the players get home sick or just don't like the area.

thats why we need a sunshine manager,who bring his own sunshine to a dressing room.

prime example is morientes,that guy just did not like it in liverpool so missed chances so he could move back to spain. there is somebody at liverpool now deliberately messing it up so he can move away....in my opinion...allegedly and all that stuff.
shadowman

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:22 pm

There can only be one and it must be Rafa...why

He picks the Team

He tells them how to play.

we say he is doing a good job when we win so we must say he doing a bad job when we dont get the right results as well.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:16 pm

liverpool fans in my opinion are so wrong on many levels for standing by rafa so much

we luckily won the champs league, we didnt win it because we were the best....we fluked it through then in the final got outplayed by a real good team then with grit and determination got back into it.....but still rid out luck "the dudek miracle save"

we luckily beat west ham in the fa cup final, were 3-1 behind to an average team

we have been as bad in the league as under houllier or evans

we play ugly football

rafa is so deluded in interviews, never admitting that he got it wrong

yet the fans still think his pisss is whiskey
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:30 pm

LittleHobo wrote:we luckily won the champs league, we didnt win it because we were the best....we fluked it through then in the final got outplayed by a real good team then with grit and determination got back into it.....but still rid out luck "the dudek miracle save"

So lucky were we that we managed to reach the final again, two seasons later.

What a fluke that was too.
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm

To many knobrots in this thread to mention , feckin wum's do me head in.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:29 pm

shadowman wrote:1) my scapegoat are the liverpool fans themselves.

they have made our players soft and not battle hardened,by getting behind a guy who is just not cutting it.

2) take a look barcelona ,rijkaard brought back the glory yet his time is nearly up because he is no longer cutting it.

fabio capello brought the league back to madrid but got the boot .

rafa wins 1 champions league on penalties despite a shocking season,where he went public with attacks on players because they were that bad. yet our standards are so low that we are just grateful for the crumbs given to us...."please sir can i have some more".

3) i don't have a problem with rafa as long as they bring somebody in above him to buy the players.
at valencia he had very little say in who came in which is why he left and came to us.

1) There are quite a number of supporters who've criticised Rafa, but 'getting behind' the manager is something I'd expect every supporter to do whilst they are at the ground at the very least. It's not a case of accepting lower standards, supporters do moan, a lot. All you have to do is see the atmosphere at some home games in the league and you'll see that unfortunately. Sometimes I can't help but think if we created the same atmosphere for bog standard league games as we do in Europe we'd find it hard not to win the league. I've always thought that, and shared accountability stretches to everyone - including supporters. It's no good to just sit and expect based on past glories IMO.
We shouldn't go down the route of holding Rafa overwhelmingly more accountable than the players - where are their personal standards? It's dangerous to go down the route of bypassing the players and going straight for the manager. I'd say that's actually more likely to induce players to accept lower standards of performance than anything else - they feel they can get away with it because they know the manager will bear the brunt of any criticism. The concept of shared accountability alludes people to the extent that there is little or no criticism of players' standards and attitudes. I think it's a very dangerous route to go down, and it's becoming increasingly common.

2) Rafa's performance as manager is relative to the situation we found ourselves in upon in his arrival, as well as the relative strength of the Premiership. It cannot be compared to the situation at Barcelona, or Real Madrid. Barcelona hadn't won the league for 4 years upon Rijkaard's arrival, when Rafa arrived we hadn't won it for 14 years. Barcelona signed Ronaldinho for £21m in Rijkaard's first season - we simply didn't have the same capacity to spend that type of money on one player in Rafa's first season. The following summer, they signed Eto'o for £16m, and Deco for £10m. The financial clout was incomparable. Rafa left Valencia, Barcelona then won the league. I've no doubt had Rafa stayed at Valencia it would have made for a significantly tighter title race with Valencia being in and around the top.

3) You clearly do have a problem with Rafa - you think he is 'just not cutting it' (work that one out). The director of football suggestion is absolutely ridiculous IMO, there's simply no way it should be tolerated. It's a continental trait and it can stay there. You employ your manager to oversee team affairs, he is best placed to decide which players to sign.
LFC2007

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:07 pm

too many liverpool fans have been blinded by the champs league success to see the real picture

rafa just hasnt worked out how to do it in the premiership and for this reason he musnt stay longer

i give him till the end of the season to show the fans that he does have a clue in the premiership

ok we wont win it but we need to regain respect in the league
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Some people just chat shit.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:20 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Some people just chat shit.

:D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:23 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The director of football suggestion is absolutely ridiculous IMO, there's simply no way it should be tolerated. It's a continental trait and it can stay there.

Totally agree. the director of football has been tried on numerous occasions and although it apparently works on the continent, it has never ever worked in England. What's more, it is my profound belief that it never will.

It's funny with many of these things which are percieved to be wildly successful abroad, quite often they don't work over here at all. Now, see if anyone can guess where I'm going with this...  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:27 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The director of football suggestion is absolutely ridiculous IMO, there's simply no way it should be tolerated. It's a continental trait and it can stay there.

Totally agree. the director of football has been tried on numerous occasions and although it apparently works on the continent, it has never ever worked in England. What's more, it is my profound belief that it never will.

It's funny with many of these things which are percieved to be wildly successful abroad, quite often they don't work over here at all. Now, see if anyone can guess where I'm going with this...  :D

:laugh:
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion