pennant
1%
kuyt
5%
crouch
11%

Total votes : 83

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 am

I went for Crouch, i think he has had a fantastic season (when selected) and Rafa has at times let him down really badly, dropping him when he has been in great form.
The spectacular goals against Galatasaray and Bolton, the curler away at West Ham, the hat-trick at home to Arsenal, also a great header away at PSV.
If he would of been selected more his goals tally would of been even better.
Carragher after the early ankle injury and dodgy derby has again been immense, as has our unsung hero Finnan.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue May 15, 2007 11:57 am

JC all the way this year, he's been immense.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue May 15, 2007 12:02 pm

jaime, enough said
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue May 15, 2007 1:24 pm

CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue May 15, 2007 1:55 pm

peewee wrote:carra, shown his quality again, the guy is a rock (ignoring the few mistakes he has made, nobody is perfect). he doesnt need england caps to show he is better then ferdinand or terry

better than ferdinand or terry.... dont think so...
but still by far our best defender and player of the season for me....
ferdinand has way better ball distribution..maybe not as aggressive as carra but an overall better player nonetheless
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Tue May 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I went for Crouch, i think he has had a fantastic season (when selected) and Rafa has at times let him down really badly, dropping him when he has been in great form.
The spectacular goals against Galatasaray and Bolton, the curler away at West Ham, the hat-trick at home to Arsenal, also a great header away at PSV.
If he would of been selected more his goals tally would of been even better.

Totally agree with Ace.

When I saw the thread I  immediately thought it had to be Carra's year, and I am really glad he leads this poll. However, I voted for Crouch because he has less opportunities to perform and because he has less chances to get voted by the people who go to the games, who see the efforts made by all players. And I was really pleased with his third against Arsenal ... even more than his infamous scissors-kick goals.
radun5

Postby Woollyback » Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 pm

i would say i'm split between carra and finnan. carra has just been a ROCK for us again this season - he just gets better and better and he has liverpool fc coursing through his veins

finnan on the other hand is the unsung hero, he has also been immense this season - so dependable & durable. he has come on leaps & bounds under benitez and i would say deserves to share the award with carra  :cool:

special mention to agger as well who has filled sami's boots magnificantly for such a young & inexperienced lad. he will be truly world class in the future
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 15, 2007 2:54 pm

I voted Carra, but Finnan is a decent shout. Carra's poor start to the season has been overplayed a little imo. Apart from the derby at Goodison and last week against Charlton, he's been rock solid.

It's hardly surprising about the defensive positions of the higher ranked players in the poll though. Hopefully next year we'll see a bit more balance with some attacking players doing better, but the poll is right on the money for me, since we haven't really had a midfielder or a striker who has consistently delivered at or near the top of their powers. Crouch, has produced some brilliant displays but has also produced some extremely average ones. However all credit to the lad for not moaning, even when he's been dropped.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Tue May 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Reina for me, had a shakey start but since then has looked awesome, better than any keeper i can remember at liverpool! (i am only relatively young btw!)  Notable mentions would also go to Crouch and Agger... how Kuyt got a vote though intrigues me  ???
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby redtrader74 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:42 pm

I really cannot decide, it is not a simple choice of who has played fantastically, because imo nobody has. There have been solid performances from all the candidates, including Agger who has been omitted.

But if i have to i would lean towards Carra.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Marianne » Tue May 15, 2007 5:07 pm

ive said kuyt-purely because he always gives 100%.  But also i believe agger has fitted in perfectly and carragher is as solid as a rock!!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Agger should at the very least be in the poll.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Tue May 15, 2007 9:27 pm

The best player for me this season by a mile (although I must confess I missd three months of the season save for the odd highlights programme) despite the fact he has been nowhere near his best, is Gerrard.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Carragher for me as well.  He's easy to take for granted because he's so consistently top drawer but he's done the business all season and has helped Agger find his feet as Sami's replacement.

Gerrard's a good shout, though, Mick for the same reason...easy to take for granted what he does week in, week out but he's the beating heart of the side and his disciplined performances all over the pitch this season have really kept the side together.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby DazH- » Wed May 16, 2007 9:52 am

Elchris wrote:carra -end of-

You said it!  :bowdown
DazH-

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion