Season scapegoats - Who's your pick

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:30 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The director of football suggestion is absolutely ridiculous IMO, there's simply no way it should be tolerated. It's a continental trait and it can stay there.

Totally agree. the director of football has been tried on numerous occasions and although it apparently works on the continent, it has never ever worked in England. What's more, it is my profound belief that it never will.

It's funny with many of these things which are percieved to be wildly successful abroad, quite often they don't work over here at all. Now, see if anyone can guess where I'm going with this...  :D

I agree both of you. Your style is better, cheaper (less wages) and faster. No matter how you look at it.

Generally speaking, the internal structure of the English clubs, at least the top ones, is better than the continental ones I've known and that can be compared in size.

In rotation though, I disagree.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The director of football suggestion is absolutely ridiculous IMO, there's simply no way it should be tolerated. It's a continental trait and it can stay there.

Totally agree. the director of football has been tried on numerous occasions and although it apparently works on the continent, it has never ever worked in England. What's more, it is my profound belief that it never will.

It's funny with many of these things which are percieved to be wildly successful abroad, quite often they don't work over here at all. Now, see if anyone can guess where I'm going with this...  :D

No comment.  :D
LFC2007

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm

The people I blame for our poor season is Gillett and Hicks. If you cast your mind back to the season up to November, everything was going good until the Americans put Rafa's future in doubt because they wouldnt back him.

After the defeat to the Mancs and the meeting that took place between Gillett, Hicks, Parry and Rafa, things just havnt been the same. The club has been on the back pages constantly for all the wrong reasons. Had the Yanks just backed Rafa we wouldnt be in this sorry mess IMO.

Time for them to get the flock outta there!!!
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 pm

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:

:laugh:

Nah thats not fair Mick my heads done in tonght after all the travelin so i havnt cottoned on yet. So where are you  goin :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:33 pm

:D Feck knows Nanny, in ever decreasing circles before eventually disappearing up me own erse as per usual I suppose  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:35 pm

bigmick wrote: :D Feck knows Nanny, in ever decreasing circles before eventually disappearing up me own erse as per usual I suppose  :laugh:

Which brings us back nicely to rotation :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
bigmick wrote::D Feck knows Nanny, in ever decreasing circles before eventually disappearing up me own erse as per usual I suppose  :laugh:

:D  :laugh: PMSL. Come on Nanny, don't bring that subject up again FFS!  :angry:  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
bigmick wrote::D Feck knows Nanny, in ever decreasing circles before eventually disappearing up me own erse as per usual I suppose  :laugh:

Don't do it!!! Mick doesn't need any help to get back there! He knows the way only to well (better than anybody!)  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 am

so many deluded people around here

with all these "in rafa we trust" idiots around it will be another 10 years at least, before we challenge
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 am

LittleHobo wrote:so many deluded people around here

with all these "in rafa we trust" idiots around it will be another 10 years at least, before we challenge

I don't think the people who trust in Rafa are deluded idiots, same as I don't believe that those who have doubts are Fickle idiots. Its difficult whichever side of the Rafa divide you are on at the moment.

Time and results will prove who was right and who was wrong, but I would rather be wrong by giving someone more of a chance to succeed than by losing patience and getting shut too soon.

Time enough for all the Rafa out threads after the season finishes, and if we win nothing, for the time being I will criticise him when I think he his wrong, but support him as our manager.
account deleted by request

Postby holylamb2006 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am

Time enough for all the Rafa out threads after the season finishes, and if we win nothing, for the time being I will criticise him when I think he his wrong, but support him as our manager

Well put there i have to say :)
holylamb2006

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am

s@int wrote:Time enough for all the Rafa out threads after the season finishes, and if we win nothing, for the time being I will criticise him when I think he his wrong, but support him as our manager.

AKA.....The Liverpool Way
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 am

s@int wrote:Time and results will prove who was right and who was wrong, but I would rather be wrong by giving someone more of a chance to succeed than by losing patience and getting shut too soon.

That really is dependent on numerous factors, above all else though - the standard acceptable to each person, for example Manhattan accepts that Rafa deserves at least another season to build a premiership winning side. Others, such as Heimdall, want him out at the end of the season. What 'too soon' is for me, is what 'too late' is for another.

There isn't a universal measure of success either, it's entirely subjective. Therefore, one's measure of success determines whether one has been proven right or wrong, even still I'm sure some would use the time he's been with us so far as sufficient justification that they've been proven right. Should Rafa stay with us and we win the title next season, I've absolutely no doubt that you'd hear; 'but we could have won the title in the previous 4 seasons', not, 'I was wrong about Rafa' from at least one supporter (I have one in mind, name begins with a 'P'). If Rafa was sacked immediately, someone who sets their own standard of judgement in terms of Premiership success at a six-season threshold would simply argue that he wasn't given enough time - therefore in their eyes it would be impossible to say who was proven right or wrong. I think six seasons is the maximum time limit most people would consider their absolute threshold, within which we must have either won the EPL or mounted a very serious challenge. For some though Rafa has already exceeded their threshold, or this season is the limit of that threshold, in which case they have believe they have been proven correct. It really is a question of 'what is a reasonable standard of success and what is a reasonable time to allow for this to be achieved'. For the reason that people view differently the circumstances surrounding Rafa's job currently, and the circumstances of the club at the time he took the job, it's very hard to say what is reasonable because opinion is polarised.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Bit late this season, but unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances the award has already been presented to Kuyt after an unprecedented 5 games. There was quite a commotion at the awards ceremony when GBYS threw himself to the ground in a vain attempt to halt proceedings while screaming that Kuyt was better than Berbatov.

A disappointed Lucas stated that if only he had received better backing from Barry he was sure he could have made the top three, and that the award was obviously fixed as he was one of the few players who definitely has a worse goalscoring record than Kuyt. Robbie Keane quickly jumped on a chair to announce that no one has a worse record than him so could he not receive a special award, unfortunately as he jumped up he bumped into Torres and both fell to the floor.

Second placed Alonso was unfortunately too far back to be heard clearly, but shook his head sadly as the results where anounced, but soon had a smile back on his face after a brief "meeting" with Sabre.

Third place went to Rafa, who hid his disappointment well with a fine speech promising more rotation and styling to come. Bigmick was quickly restrained by Badbob and the other bouncers as he moved forward with what looked like a weapon in his hand.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:03 pm

s@int wrote:Bit late this season, but unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances the award has already been presented to Kuyt after an unprecedented 5 games. There was quite a commotion at the awards ceremony when GBYS threw himself to the ground in a vain attempt to halt proceedings while screaming that Kuyt was better than Berbatov.

A disappointed Lucas stated that if only he had received better backing from Barry he was sure he could have made the top three, and that the award was obviously fixed as he was one of the few players who definitely has a worse goalscoring record than Kuyt. Robbie Keane quickly jumped on a chair to announce that no one has a worse record than him so could he not receive a special award, unfortunately as he jumped up he bumped into Torres and both fell to the floor.

Second placed Alonso was unfortunately too far back to be heard clearly, but shook his head sadly as the results where anounced, but soon had a smile back on his face after a brief "meeting" with Sabre.

Third place went to Rafa, who hid his disappointment well with a fine speech promising more rotation and styling to come. Bigmick was quickly restrained by Badbob and the other bouncers as he moved forward with what looked like a weapon in his hand.

:laugh:

Over in the corner a dozy Ryan Babel stirred from his stupour long enough to proclaim, "I've been schtiffed! Schtu schaid I was a nailed on for schilverware tonight."  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion