Season scapegoats - Who's your pick

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Pennant has been getting wound up since the day ANY decision went against him . Skills aside , in terms of temperament he's deffo the weakest link in the team., always on the verge of blowing up . Mick says
"Fortunately it hasn't really cost us tonight" but i'm not so sure, who know what we might have done with 11 v 11 in the last third of the game as Porto ran out of ideas and imo we looked increasingly comfortable in terms of containing them.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Well Red » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm

someone's bound to blame Houllier for the dead wood that corrupted the dressing room for so long. :p
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:30 pm

:bump

The scapegoat of the last week or so: Rick Parry, anyone? :angry:

Also a lot of people might nominate messrs  :unclesam:  &  :unclesam: ...

whereas a few would probably also like to point to our manager.

I, though, would just like to keep blaming Zenden. He's just NOT an out-and-out winger and he's, like, not doing the business. Oh, and also Hyypia is, like, way old and stuff. We need at least THREE new central defenders, 'cause he's just THAT bad.

Nah, on second thought I think I'll just stick with Rick :D
JamCar05

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:42 am

Blame Torres, for the money we spent on him he should be scoring enough goals to win every game
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:29 pm

The Yanks, Voronin, Kuyt, Hyypia in parts and maybe Kewell for never being fit
Mark 23

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:42 am

Half way through the season scapegoat report

Riise - managed to live up to expectations and looked pretty good for the title, unfortunately has become more a figure of fun and pity for his wild shooting than a scapegoat in recent weeks.

Alonso - blew his big chance by getting injured and consequently became a key player. His return to fitness has however resulted in a downturn in his fortunes and he is now fighting to becoming a front runner again.

Pennant - again allowed his chance to slip away whilst injured, a return to fitness may see the resumption of his scapegoat career.

Kuyt - pre-season favourite that has managed to live up to his reputation, couldn't score in a brothel and no goal threat, he's still in there with a great chance. The question remains how long will his luck hold before another ball hits him, goes in and possibly ruins his chances.

Voronin - another pre-season favourite who has recovered from his early season problem of scoring too many goals, to become even less of a threat than Kuyt (if thats possible)

Crouch - never really given much of a chance to become a scapegoat this season, maybe because Rafa saw him as his biggest threat to the title?

Rafa - was on his way to the title, rotation, formation, strange selections, he had everything going for him until Hicks and Gillett blew his hopes out of the water with the help of Klinsmann.

Hicks & Gillett - came from nowhere to be now front runners for the title.  A couple more masterstrokes from them could see them take an unassilable lead.

But the winner at the half way stage has to be our old friend Rick Parry. He's not just blown one game, or one season ,but he may have actually blown the whole future of our club.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:07 am

s@int wrote:Half way through the season scapegoat report

Riise - managed to live up to expectations and looked pretty good for the title, unfortunately has become more a figure of fun and pity for his wild shooting than a scapegoat in recent weeks.

Alonso - blew his big chance by getting injured and consequently became a key player. His return to fitness has however resulted in a downturn in his fortunes and he is now fighting to becoming a front runner again.

Pennant - again allowed his chance to slip away whilst injured, a return to fitness may see the resumption of his scapegoat career.

Kuyt - pre-season favourite that has managed to live up to his reputation, couldn't score in a brothel and no goal threat, he's still in there with a great chance. The question remains how long will his luck hold before another ball hits him, goes in and possibly ruins his chances.

Voronin - another pre-season favourite who has recovered from his early season problem of scoring too many goals, to become even less of a threat than Kuyt (if thats possible)

Crouch - never really given much of a chance to become a scapegoat this season, maybe because Rafa saw him as his biggest threat to the title?

Rafa - was on his way to the title, rotation, formation, strange selections, he had everything going for him until Hicks and Gillett blew his hopes out of the water with the help of Klinsmann.

Hicks & Gillett - came from nowhere to be now front runners for the title.  A couple more masterstrokes from them could see them take an unassilable lead.

But the winner at the half way stage has to be our old friend Rick Parry. He's not just blown one game, or one season ,but he may have actually blown the whole future of our club.

:D I think you are calling it right Saint TBPH. On the subject of Parry and Kuyt, perhaps we could rotate them. Dirk would certainly be more trustworthy and have more integrity and believeability than Parry, while although I have never seen him play, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever that our tousle locked chief executive would offer more goal threat than the Dutchman. It could just be that the solution is right under our noses.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:35 am

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby laza » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Very amusing, its also interesting  as someone who hasnt been here for a while. To see how some players have fallen out of fans favour who when i was here before were highly rated.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:48 am

Chris Bascombe, don't like him, I reckon he is up to now good now he is at the NOTW. Sellout :censored:
Mark 23

Postby Mark 23 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:49 am

I hope with the money he is on at NOTW he can dress proper - watching 100 players how shook the Kop, and this :censored: looked like he has been robbing from lost property.
Mark 23

Postby AnfieldAde » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:05 am

Parry...and the Americans...no doubt....

Here is a survey to take part in and a petition to sign....it's time we turned the heat up on our owners!!!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...pQe_2bAw_3d_3d 

http://www.petitiononline.com/leaveus/petition.html
:(
AnfieldAde

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:This is embarrasing.

Scapegoats, by their nature are exactly that, one person or group of people wrogly held responsible as the public figure of the failure of one or more people or persons.

People who sit by me at the game and moan at the same people time and again get right on my ti.ts.

moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

AM I GETTING ON YOUR TITS YET !!!!!!

moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

HOW ABOUT NOW !!!!!!

:wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:15 am

AnfieldAde wrote:Parry...and the Americans...no doubt....

Here is a survey to take part in and a petition to sign....it's time we turned the heat up on our owners!!!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...pQe_2bAw_3d_3d 

http://www.petitiononline.com/leaveus/petition.html
:(

wow 17 people you onto a winner there.  :down:

mabye if it wasnt so rafalisiuos it might have got more signs.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:16 am

my scape goat is gary nevile if he wasnt so gay we might win a game.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion