The scapegoats

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:04 pm

GYBS wrote:That was the point in my post  :help

Which post? Are you actually saying it's a good thing for a player not to be capable of dribbling, especially a winger or right midfielder?
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

FFS read the thread and what has gone on before as opposed to just picking up on one post .

I despair i really do .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:10 pm

children, stop bickering ffs.

i've had enough of this sh#te today.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:10 pm

GYBS wrote:FFS read the thread and what has gone on before as opposed to just picking up on one post .

I despair i really do .

I know what went on before and how you get again sail through unpunished for disrupting threads with your annoyingly one sided, snide and blinkered posts. You are like the driver who suddenly crosses 3 lanes on the motorway and causes a huge pileup but of course it ins't your fault in anyway.

I think I might just start ignoring your posts again, it's better for my stress levels I think.   :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

stmichael wrote:children, stop bickering ffs.

i've had enough of this sh#te today.

OK apologies, he's just so damned annoying but I'll take my pills and calm down.  :D
heimdall

Postby Fauxy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Ive never really considered Kuyt of that much of a scapegoat because he does actually put on some really good performances.

Lucas is improving. But he still doesnt make a lot of difference, he makes the odd few interceptions and the odd few tackles and sideways passes but really nothing special. If he was to really improve and make more of a difference he would have to make the really strong tackles that Mascherano makes and should hold onto the ball and have some confidence now and then.

Dossena has improved too. But he lacks the things that a left winger needs. A left winger needs the ability to take players on, hold the ball, have a decent cross and score the odd goal. On form, Riera has all of these and Babel has more than Dossena.
Although Dossena played well against Fulham the other day, he didnt make life easy for Insua who kept having to cut inside because Dossena simply couldnt get past their defender.

On a whole all of the 'scapegoats' have improved but Lucas and Dossena hold little relevance to the squad and If Barry comes in for next season I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were both sold.
Fauxy

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:Like i said Judge end of discussion where he is concerned - im not going to get dragged into what i witnessed this morning .

I think you got it right there about Lucas  Joe- when he first started he seemed a bit unsure of which role he was playing - the masher one sweeping up in front of the back four or Xabi spraying the ball about without out actually just playing to his own best abilities and just playing his own game which is short simple passing - looking for tidy clever one twos and attacking crosses into the box . If he plays his natural game he hopefully will get more confident and come in the games a bit more .

You fecking hyporcrite GYBS, you really are a miserable worm

miserable worm ??  :D  pmsl  :laugh:   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:04 pm

On the whole issue of scapegoats, you don't see a good player ever being mentioned. The reason they are or were scapegoat is because they played like shlt for a long duration (like lucas who had played maybe 5 or 6 good game in 2 seasons). So, there is no coincidence there as fans take notice. But they have to realize that most fans are knowledging especially our fan. When they see someone improving and playing much better consistently (ex. Kuyt), the fans will get off their back. Booing someone like Lucas is to let him know he sucks. Otherwise, how the feck can us fans do in expressing our view that he sucks? This is a good thing as this gives pressure for him to improve. If he can, then fans will accept and starting to get on his back less. But if he doesn't, then we need to cut our losses and move on. Same goes for the so called scapegoat i guess.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 pm

i need to pick you up on a couple of points there;

you don't see a good player ever being mentioned

is this true?? whenever gerrard, torres, alonso, or any of our other regularly good players has a good game is there a deafening silence on the boards? i'm not so sure there is.

Booing someone like Lucas is to let him know he sucks. Otherwise, how the feck can us fans do in expressing our view that he sucks? This is a good thing as this gives pressure for him to improve.

it will give him pressure to improve or it will damage his confidence even more? do you understand the concept of support? if someone is having a difficult time is making it even more difficult the way to help them?

booing a player is the best way to let them know that the fans have no faith in them. supporting them and encouraging them is the best way to help bring out the best in them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:31 am

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:and as for digs against you peewee - i think your getting a bit paranoid - you have already helped ruin one thread lets not start again on another thread. I wasnt digging at anyone so lets not read into something that isnt there in the first place.

i never said it was a dig at me, but nonetheless it was a dig that other posters have picked up on and responded to. In fact i am not aware of any poster who has not given him credit when he has played well. Lets stick to facts and then there can be no misinterpretations

How about stick to the thread instead of ONCE AGAIN trying to create a flame war ok .

I will stick with my inital post as it is what i have seen ok - end of discussion with yourself .

strange, in the other thread you were urging people to be the bigger man and let it go, yet here you are making snide remarks with no evidence to back it up and then entering into an argument when people defend themselves against your petty comments.

practice what you preach, you start a thread about forum battles while continuing with petty digs and then engaging in an argument when someone pulls you about it.

also can you tell me how my post was an attempt to start a flame war? seems nobody else saw it that way. if you want to stop petty squabbles on here then don't start them
112-1077774096

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 am

peewee who you think needs to be sold next season and who you think will be ?

I think lucus might go but I want him to stay and also got feeling babel might go as well but I also want him to stay.

why I want lucus to stay you might ask ?

Cos rafa needs a cup stand.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 am

i think the 4 players mentioned will be kept and will again weaken the team next season when rafa thinks the oppo are weak enough for us to put out a weakened team leading to more dismal draws, we will also bring in a few more players based on quantity rather than quality
112-1077774096

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:52 am

andy_g wrote:
Booing someone like Lucas is to let him know he sucks. Otherwise, how the feck can us fans do in expressing our view that he sucks? This is a good thing as this gives pressure for him to improve.

it will give him pressure to improve or it will damage his confidence even more? do you understand the concept of support? if someone is having a difficult time is making it even more difficult the way to help them?

booing a player is the best way to let them know that the fans have no faith in them. supporting them and encouraging them is the best way to help bring out the best in them.

:bowdown
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 am

andy_g wrote:i need to pick you up on a couple of points there;

you don't see a good player ever being mentioned

is this true?? whenever gerrard, torres, alonso, or any of our other regularly good players has a good game is there a deafening silence on the boards? i'm not so sure there is.

Hey, you got me wrong the first point as I was saying scapegoats are always about bad players and not the good ones. Just want to illustrate that fans know who is playing well and who doesnt.

As for the booing point, I think most of the fans did gave him sometime before starting to boo him. Otherwise, how actually can us being fans are able to let him know how he plays? We cheer them when they play well and we boo them when they play really badly (I don't just boo people man unless they play bad consistently game after game). In reality, other than cheers and jeers, what can we do? Should we just write him a complain letter? I don't think Lucas would admit he played badly if  the fans didn't boo him. I know this is harsh man but should we just cheer him up when he gives up a penalty? Either way, we need to let him know. I honestly think Lucas thought of himself being a better player than he actually is. It is good that he had played better recently (this doesn't mean he is good, he plays only average) as it is definitely good for the team. Fans starting to get off his back. This basically is inline with my point that fans would cheer when he plays well and boo him if he played badly for a long duration. Added pressure to some is a motivation factor and not always bad. If he can't handle the pressure, how can he perform in a big game or in a hostile environment. He just need to deal with it as this is business.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 am

peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:and as for digs against you peewee - i think your getting a bit paranoid - you have already helped ruin one thread lets not start again on another thread. I wasnt digging at anyone so lets not read into something that isnt there in the first place.

i never said it was a dig at me, but nonetheless it was a dig that other posters have picked up on and responded to. In fact i am not aware of any poster who has not given him credit when he has played well. Lets stick to facts and then there can be no misinterpretations

How about stick to the thread instead of ONCE AGAIN trying to create a flame war ok .

I will stick with my inital post as it is what i have seen ok - end of discussion with yourself .

strange, in the other thread you were urging people to be the bigger man and let it go, yet here you are making snide remarks with no evidence to back it up and then entering into an argument when people defend themselves against your petty comments.

practice what you preach, you start a thread about forum battles while continuing with petty digs and then engaging in an argument when someone pulls you about it.

also can you tell me how my post was an attempt to start a flame war? seems nobody else saw it that way. if you want to stop petty squabbles on here then don't start them

Peewee you will notice in this thread it was actually owzat that mentioned people who slag kuyt of are generally quiet when he does well and i actually posted and agreed with him so that makes two of us - was it a dig ? no its just me saying what i think and what i see on here . But yet you decide to leap on in there and to start accusing me of having a dig when i was and not just me someone else was making an observation of which we believe in . It wasnt a dig at anyone it was an observation but you took it upon your self to try and make a big deal about it and start up another row just like you did on another thread yesterday . Not everyones opinion or observation is a dig at someone so there is no need to go crusading into something and to try and pull them up on something that isnt even there in the first place . I didnt start any petty squabbles on this thread - you did .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion