Pick your top 5 for the job - Say who and why

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 30, 2004 12:29 am

1- O'neil. Done it all as a player. Played and learned from one of the best in Cloughie. Has had success at every club he has managed. Has winner written all of over him. Has great prescence, gets the most out of his players. I don't care if he is a media darling or plays 3-5-2. I am 100% certain this man would bring REAL success back to LFC. I fear the board will regret not signing this man.

2- Mourinho. Chelsea's gain will be our loss. So much success in such a short space of time. Like O'neil, this guy has a look in his eye that tells you he is a winner. Parry should have been more agressive going after this man.

3- Hitzfield. League and Euro cup winner with Munich AND Dortmund. Been there and done it. Tremendous experience. Known for producing teams that are powerful and skillfull. Can't believe he is not in the running.

4- Benitez. I knew so little about the man untill a week ago. Have found out what i can through various sources in the media. I gather his Valencia team play an attractive attacking game, he is young, ambitous and highly rated in the world game. Has 2 titles in 3 years. As some of you have pointed out, Cuper deserves a lot of the credit for building this Valencia team. I would be happy to see him get the job but wonder if we are all getting carried away by the media hype around this man.

5- Are you kidding? If LFC have to sink as low as having to hire thier 5th choice then we are in deep ******.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun May 30, 2004 3:10 am

What a pissy thread!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 30, 2004 2:32 pm

big al wrote:What a pissy thread!

so this is your idea of the kind of post's we should see on this forum.

you slag me for disagreeing with peoples views then post this.

CONTRADICTION
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 30, 2004 3:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
The portugese league is the hardest of them all. HA HA HA.

I think JBG was referring to Champions League being the toughest to win and not the Portuguese League.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 30, 2004 4:19 pm

One of the things I like about MON is that the pressure at LFC will be nothing for a man who became the first catholic to captain Northern Ireland, at the world cup too. The abuse he got obviously would be many times worse than any LFC supporter would hurl at their manager even in the worst of times. He has even had union jacks put up in his garden by Rangers fans but he just shrugs the abuse off and collects his trophies.

A man who can put up with that pressure, is great especially considering two of our last three managers have had heart attacks and Dalglish left probably to avoid one.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun May 30, 2004 7:56 pm

Leon I did'nt say the post was ****** I said the thread was and as I started it I'm quite within my right to engage in self deprecation. So next time you jump read the words carefully
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby emmanuel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:58 am

What do you think of Didier Deschamps : he did a great job at monaco. Great manager, great man and addicted to work. Plus he may be on the way out of his club and didn't get the at Turin
emmanuel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion