The scapegoats

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

peewee wrote:i think the 4 players mentioned will be kept and will again weaken the team next season when rafa thinks the oppo are weak enough for us to put out a weakened team leading to more dismal draws, we will also bring in a few more players based on quantity rather than quality

i think you could be right about him keeping all 4 of the named players, or at least he will want to keep them but i can see babal wanting to go himself, even more so if we get another stricker in the summer

i just see him thinking hang on a minute when am i going to get a chance up front? which is where i think he wants to play

i'm not saying he should be there out right although i have said i would like to see him have a run there, i don't mean on his own like torres does but up there with torres! yes i know that would mean gerrard sitting back in to the middle but would just like to see it tried ( but hell what do i know  :D )

the only other person who might think about leaving is bennie? now with him i am on the wire as early in the season i like many said he was sh*t and no good but he seems to have come on really well, i just think that if we get a right side winger coming in it will again push him down the pecking order and he might go back in to his shell and we might not see the free running bennie we are seeing at the moment

so do we sale him or not?? very hard one
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:24 am

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:and as for digs against you peewee - i think your getting a bit paranoid - you have already helped ruin one thread lets not start again on another thread. I wasnt digging at anyone so lets not read into something that isnt there in the first place.

i never said it was a dig at me, but nonetheless it was a dig that other posters have picked up on and responded to. In fact i am not aware of any poster who has not given him credit when he has played well. Lets stick to facts and then there can be no misinterpretations

How about stick to the thread instead of ONCE AGAIN trying to create a flame war ok .

I will stick with my inital post as it is what i have seen ok - end of discussion with yourself .

strange, in the other thread you were urging people to be the bigger man and let it go, yet here you are making snide remarks with no evidence to back it up and then entering into an argument when people defend themselves against your petty comments.

practice what you preach, you start a thread about forum battles while continuing with petty digs and then engaging in an argument when someone pulls you about it.

also can you tell me how my post was an attempt to start a flame war? seems nobody else saw it that way. if you want to stop petty squabbles on here then don't start them

Peewee you will notice in this thread it was actually owzat that mentioned people who slag kuyt of are generally quiet when he does well and i actually posted and agreed with him so that makes two of us - was it a dig ? no its just me saying what i think and what i see on here . But yet you decide to leap on in there and to start accusing me of having a dig when i was and not just me someone else was making an observation of which we believe in . It wasnt a dig at anyone it was an observation but you took it upon your self to try and make a big deal about it and start up another row just like you did on another thread yesterday . Not everyones opinion or observation is a dig at someone so there is no need to go crusading into something and to try and pull them up on something that isnt even there in the first place . I didnt start any petty squabbles on this thread - you did .

Just because people say they give Kuyt credit when due doesn't mean it's true. Even now there's talk of "four mentioned" "weakening" the squad, well that's exactly the point I was making - and even disguised by the odd feint praise, some people's opinions of players won't change. I stand 100% by what I said, doesn't mean it applies to everyone who ever criticised Kuyt so those boldly stating their "proof of falsehood" by a claim of contradiction needn't push their chests out and sit with silly grins.

There's enough empty words floating around in cyberspace, plenty of people claiming to be what they're not and that they've done things that in fact they haven't. Needs a bit more than "I give credit when it's due" to disprove anything - besides the room for interpretation of when credit is due, they may simply be hiding behind the fact they don't think it ever is. Like claims people make and use "when hell freezes over" or "when the time is right" etc. Even if part of a statement is "disproven" doesn't make the whole statement untrue, even if one person can genuinely refute that it applies to them, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to others.

Of course if someone would like to find all the posts criticising Kuyt and then the same posters praising him with links then they could try proving it, or at least offer credible evidence. But then Kuyt wouldn't still be a disrespected footballer with people saying he isn't good enough, we need a new RM etc, if he was given praise when due because overall he's had a good season and should have won over the dissenting voices by now. I think Tomkins is a little OTT by claiming Kuyt's crossing is underrated, I think higher crosses is one of his biggest weaknesses, but he certainly plays the low pull-back/square pretty well. He is one of our key performers, in fact I was thinking last night and this morning that maybe we don't need that many changes (if any) to the first XI.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 am

i was reading the papers a few days back and it mentioned us having to ''sell before buying in yet another twist in the boardroom drama''. how many twists are there now? im tired :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 am

Spot on Owzat .

On the last line i think the 1st 11 is pretty strong overall just on a few occasions ie when teams park the bus we need a bit more creativity hence why i think we should look for a clever player to try and help open up defences with skill and deft little passes - gerrard uses the power way and determination , xabi the long passes and torres with pace - just miss a little bit of cleverness - yossi brings it sometimes and is great as a squad player but think we just need one more person there in midfield . not a pure right winger or a pure left winger - someone like arshavin,silva,diego carzola- someone of that ilk. Plus a backup striker to add to what we have got - someone like carew ,sturridge etc and a right back to compete with Arbs - Johnson,Hutton etc - add those three players and i think that gives us a squad that can compete on all levels to the highest standard and would giv eus plenty of options .

My Squad for next season would be

GK- Pepe,Cavareli

RB-Arbs,Johnson/Hutton,Darby
CBs-Carra,Skittles,Agger,Sami
LB-Fabio,Insua,Dossena

DM-Xabi,Masher,Lucas,Spearing
LM-Reira,Babel (Plus Dossena)
RM-Kuyt,Yossi,

AM-Gerrard,Silva/Carzola(can also play RM or LM),Pacheco

ST/FW- Torres,Sturridge,Nemeth,Ngog (Plus Kuyt and Babel can play there )

I think that squad gives us great options and very good back up for a long season.
Last edited by GYBS on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 am

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:and as for digs against you peewee - i think your getting a bit paranoid - you have already helped ruin one thread lets not start again on another thread. I wasnt digging at anyone so lets not read into something that isnt there in the first place.

i never said it was a dig at me, but nonetheless it was a dig that other posters have picked up on and responded to. In fact i am not aware of any poster who has not given him credit when he has played well. Lets stick to facts and then there can be no misinterpretations

How about stick to the thread instead of ONCE AGAIN trying to create a flame war ok .

I will stick with my inital post as it is what i have seen ok - end of discussion with yourself .

strange, in the other thread you were urging people to be the bigger man and let it go, yet here you are making snide remarks with no evidence to back it up and then entering into an argument when people defend themselves against your petty comments.

practice what you preach, you start a thread about forum battles while continuing with petty digs and then engaging in an argument when someone pulls you about it.

also can you tell me how my post was an attempt to start a flame war? seems nobody else saw it that way. if you want to stop petty squabbles on here then don't start them

Peewee you will notice in this thread it was actually owzat that mentioned people who slag kuyt of are generally quiet when he does well and i actually posted and agreed with him so that makes two of us - was it a dig ? no its just me saying what i think and what i see on here . But yet you decide to leap on in there and to start accusing me of having a dig when i was and not just me someone else was making an observation of which we believe in . It wasnt a dig at anyone it was an observation but you took it upon your self to try and make a big deal about it and start up another row just like you did on another thread yesterday . Not everyones opinion or observation is a dig at someone so there is no need to go crusading into something and to try and pull them up on something that isnt even there in the first place . I didnt start any petty squabbles on this thread - you did .

no need to go crusading says the guy who moaned all day yesterday about people squabbling and then started a thread about it   :laugh:

as heimdall says, you are a hypocrite. now let us see you can practice what you preach and ignore this post
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 am

I asked people to stop insults and fighting with people as it was ruining the thread as opposed to you trying to start petty little squabbles -

All you have done over the last couple of weeks is whinge complain moan and insult people as opposed to actually having much input into the actual forum . You have moaned about mods moaned about posters moaned about threads moaned about posts - if you think its that bad then Feck off somewhere else instead of constantly moaning as its getting fecking boring now and you are starting to get very tedious to the stage where i can understand why people are having a go at you and getting :censored: off with you . If you read the thread i started it was actually trying to get people to ficus on supporting the team as opposed to in house fighting which you seem to revel in .

Give it a rest - if you dont like what i post then dont reply simple as that .

Hopefully this is an end of the discussion now and we can carry on talking about Liverpool Football Club .

Goodbye Peewee.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 am

and so it goes on   :laugh:

although those things you mention are not all I have done, but facts are not your strong point when it comes to your posts, i notice in your crusade thread where you say nobody has any right to question anothers support, that must have been tongue in cheek as questioning others support is your stock in trade   :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am

Goodbye Peewee
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

dun dun dun another thread bites the dust...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

dawson99 wrote:dun dun dun another thread bites the dust...

And has again your input.  :D And mine. It's our fault Dawson.

Let's dance all together now!
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 am

Is Dawson still dancing away :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 am

are you going? bye then   

:D
112-1077774096

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:21 am

peewee wrote:and so it goes on   :laugh:

although those things you mention are not all I have done, but facts are not your strong point when it comes to your posts, i notice in your crusade thread where you say nobody has any right to question anothers support, that must have been tongue in cheek as questioning others support is your stock in trade   :laugh:

Good post  :D

Isn't it scary how GYBS can never shut up even when he looses an argument, he's either just a kid or an adult with the mental age of a kid or some serious inferiority complexes. I'm not quite sure which it is but I am certain that he is by far the most annoying poster on this forum, just edging me.  :D
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 am

Are you asking?

Come on, back to topic... yes, the so-called scapegoats have been playign well, but we have good players. Some need confidence, some need something else...

Juts good the unit as  awhole is playing well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 am

ignorance is bliss peewee :D
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion