LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 pm

lakes10 wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I am still shocked that me and Ciggy did not get any cards after what we was saying to each other after the game.

c***  :D

:D  :buttrock

Well, that's because clearly someone who's dishing the cards out likes a pair of tits, no pun intended. OK, OK, so it was intended.  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Emy where in Belfast are you??
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:54 pm

hey Baz u changed ur sig? :D
what happened to Peewee's love affair with Kuyt
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 am

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:S@int says

The reason why we can't break teams like Stoke down is simple....... we have no-one with game intelligence. Gerrard is probably one of the finest players to ever wear the red shirt, but the one thing he lacks is game intelligence, its also the reason I said Keane isn't a creative second striker. Alonso is one of the best passers of a ball in the world , but again he suffers from lack of that same vital ingredient. Its the reason the mancs paid £32million for Berbatov and will no doubt pay the same for Tevez.

Your first sentence is too harsh on our players IMO. Keane and Torres had in their boots chances that not only they wouldn't miss normally but actually many (not only Berbatov) other strikers of the league would have scored, glorious chances. Our strikers today didn't score, a bad day in the office, but nothing more.

You are missunderstanding me as usual Sabre. I am not talking about players scoring (although that always helps) I am talking about our players not having the game intelligence to create chances rather than hoping for a 20 yarder from Gerrard, a bit of individual brilliance from Torres or a knee from Kuyt. Most of our chances today came from hit and hope crosses or they were from outside the box.

Hi,

I am a first time poster though I have browsed throughout the transfer window.

As a Season Ticket holder I agree with what you say.

The problem I have is isn't that why Rafa paid £20m for Keane? To be that 'dalglish/beardsley' type player we have lacked for so long....

I think our season and Rafa's future may in some ways depend on if Robbie Keane proves a success at our club.

At the moment our lack of goals worries me a lot, yes we created chances on Saturday but the fact remains Gerrard and Torres are our only proven goal scorers and match winners.
Sure Babel will get a few but what about the rest, Kuyt won't score when he is continued to be played out of position and even played central he doesn't guarantee us goals, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano don't offer goals either, Benny occasionally may if he is used more.
Keane hasn't scored yet, it's early days but it's vital he does create and score as with Stevie G and Fernando - we cannot expect them to carry us all the time.

I just can't see us at the moment giving a team a good hiding by 3 or 4 nil, Torres isn't quite right at the moment for me - a couple of half chances he had on saturday he would have buried last season.
It's vital for our season we find others to score goals too.

Johnny
Last edited by Johnny Boy on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:37 am

Johnny Boy wrote:
s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:S@int says

The reason why we can't break teams like Stoke down is simple....... we have no-one with game intelligence. Gerrard is probably one of the finest players to ever wear the red shirt, but the one thing he lacks is game intelligence, its also the reason I said Keane isn't a creative second striker. Alonso is one of the best passers of a ball in the world , but again he suffers from lack of that same vital ingredient. Its the reason the mancs paid £32million for Berbatov and will no doubt pay the same for Tevez.

Your first sentence is too harsh on our players IMO. Keane and Torres had in their boots chances that not only they wouldn't miss normally but actually many (not only Berbatov) other strikers of the league would have scored, glorious chances. Our strikers today didn't score, a bad day in the office, but nothing more.

You are missunderstanding me as usual Sabre. I am not talking about players scoring (although that always helps) I am talking about our players not having the game intelligence to create chances rather than hoping for a 20 yarder from Gerrard, a bit of individual brilliance from Torres or a knee from Kuyt. Most of our chances today came from hit and hope crosses or they were from outside the box.

Hi,

I am a first time poster though I have browsed throughout the transfer window.

As a Season Ticket holder I agree with what you say.

The problem I have is isn't that why Rafa paid £20m for Keane? To be that 'dalglish/beardsley' type player we have lacked for so long....

I think our season and Rafa's future may in some ways depend on if Robbie Keane proves a success at our club.

At the moment our lack of goals worries me a lot, yes we created chances on Saturday but the fact remains Gerrard and Torres are our only proven goal scorers and match winners.
Sure Babel will get a few but what about the rest, Kuyt won't score when he is continued to be played out of position and even played central he doesn't guarantee us goals, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano don't offer goals either, Benny occasionally may if he is used more.
Keane hasn't scored yet, it's early days but it's vital he does create and score as with Stevie G and Fernando - we cannot expect them to carry us all the time.

I just can't see us at the moment giving a team a good hiding by 3 or 4 nil, Torres isn't quite right at the moment for me - a couple of half chances he had on saturday he would have buried last season.
It's vital for our season we find others to score goals too.

Johnny

Welcome and thats a very good first post . I have full confidence that keane will come good and i just read that we will bid for owen in Jan for 4 million , a knockdown price

LIVERPOOL and Everton are set to do battle for Michael Owen as his Newcastle career remains in serious doubt.

The Merseyside clubs both made tentative approaches for the striker during the summer and are ready to step up their interest.

Owen’s future on Tyneside is still shrouded in uncertainty with his contract now in its final year.

He has yet to commit himself to a new deal with Newcastle in a state of disarray after the exit of manager Kevin Keegan and with owner Mike Ashley seeking to sell the club.

Owen will be free to talk to other clubs during the January transfer window and will be available on a free transfer next summer if he lets his contract run down.

That will open the way for Liverpool and Everton to make their moves.

Either could snap him up for a knockdown fee of around £4million during the window or wait until the end of the season and get him for nothing.

There is a strong lobby of support within Anfield for their former striker to return and Owen would welcome the chance to return to his first club.

But Everton will provide serious opposition, having tried unsuccessfully to complete a deal on transfer deadline day.
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:02 am

GOAT_2.0 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Jason_A wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Jason_A wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:you see. im glad Jason is here. this proves that no matter how much we argue among ourselves, we're united when it comes to oppo fans.
walk on.

I don't go thieving though...

Did you hear Delilah yesterday -- fantastic! Down the Brit is going be mega -- we won't hear you.

no i dont know what song ur talking about but i do like ''hey there delilah'' by the Plain White Ts.

lovely song!

I'm guessing you're a very young girl?

:laugh:  thats a nice one.

:D You got pwned by a stoke fan

:D
Last edited by Judge on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 am

A bit too late judge , the party's over :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 am

ffs, judge. can't you leave at least one thread on the whole forum free from infantile insults about homosexuality? grow the f'uck up.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 am

edited now fu'ck off
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:40 am

Another thread draws to it's inevitable conclusion, for those interested in discussing the game I think their talking football in "The Calm Thread"

(not sure how long that'll last  :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion