LIVERPOOL vs MAN CITY: 04/05/08 4pm - Match Build up and Discussion here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Sun May 04, 2008 8:59 pm

yeah i heard that comment too....

Was happy-ish with our performance today, and considering there was not much to play for it was a job done and its great for Torres to get the winning goal cos he has been the best thing about the season.

It was true that we could have finished the game and should have which has been a problem for us for a while.....that needs sorting.
At least we won the match, and it was a good enough performance......crowd was eerily quiet tho.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun May 04, 2008 9:30 pm

decent enough performance for the last home game of the season. three points to close the season as well is as good as it can possibly get.

well done lads.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby JoeTerp » Sun May 04, 2008 9:34 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I never said that Insua had a bad game, I am just saying that he didn't look entirely himself out there  which is probably to be expected since he was playing Citeh and not Citeh reserves. I think he REALLY didn't want to get beat and he didn't so that was good. But normally he will be constantly linking and getting himself to the byline or having a pop from outside the box. I think because of the formation adn how far forward babel was playing, it was harder for him to play the quick one twos that he is good at, and it was a shame that Voronin blew his best move of the game. For me, he didn't look better than Aurelio on a good day

Rafa on Insua's performance:

"I think he did okay," continued Rafa.

"These kind of games are difficult to come into but against a player with experience he was good. I told him not to go forward so much as we have Ryan Babel on the left, who is a very offensive player.

"But when he did go forward he was good and it is one of his main attributes. Today he was good in defence, worked hard and showed quality on the ball.

"We have some players very close to the first team. They will need more experience but at least you know you can use them if you need to and Insua is one of these players."

looks like we are seeing eye to eye  :;):
JoeTerp

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Does anyone else think that MOTD 2 is far more entertaining than MOTD?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 04, 2008 11:21 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Does anyone else think that MOTD 2 is far more entertaining than MOTD?

I think it helps that they don't take themselves so seriously as Motd does. Maybe because the presenter is not a former famous footballer and not known previously as a sports commentator he can take chances that they won't. Not having Mark Lawrenson on obviously helps as well.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 04, 2008 11:52 pm

I was wondering why Rafa hadn't picked Crouch, Pennant and Riise as part of the squad today. Just been reading that it might be because all three are leaving and Rafa/they don't want to get injured and ruin any possible transfer. Sounds reasonable enough to me, but I would still have preferred Crouch coming on to Voronin.

Postby Kharhaz » Sun May 04, 2008 11:55 pm

s@int wrote:I was wondering why Rafa hadn't picked Crouch, Pennant and Riise as part of the squad today. Just been reading that it might be because all three are leaving and Rafa/they don't want to get injured and ruin any possible transfer. Sounds reasonable enough to me, but I would still have preferred Crouch coming on to Voronin.

Or maybe he is trying to big up players on his "personal" transfer list. Voronin being one of them. Insua possibly another? No better way to advertise then to play them in a match and tell them to "prove yourself".
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:14 am

Yes, Rafa played Insua - the young 19 old prospect, who's been one of our most impressive reserve team players - just to advertise him as part of his "personal" transfer list, along with Voronin and other such deadwood as Mascherano and Torres.

Rafa: "We have some players very close to the first team. They will need more experience but at least you know you can use them if you need to and Insua is one of these players."

Makes perfect sense.

:kungfu:
LFC2007

Postby saetiakidLFC » Mon May 05, 2008 12:17 am

Im happy with today's result, wasn't really expecting a block buster being the last game of the season and all. Thought babel had one of his better games but did miss a sitter. Insua looked good aswell rather promosing. Hyypia's passing was fantastic and Torres took his goal majesticly.
saetiakidLFC

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 am

oh and I am pretty sure its pronounced "in shoe a"    not   "in sue a" which is what the commentator was saying today.  and Steve Hunter has been pronouncing the s at the end of Plessis all year and in the Arsenal game teh commentator kept calling him plessi  not sure which is right though
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 05, 2008 12:26 am

I thought Voronin's first name was Poorcontrolby for a while :D

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon May 05, 2008 12:27 am

i seriously think some on here just like to moan. we've won a game and people are still knit picking. just be happy with the three points. a win is a win. you don't get bonus points for scoring four goals, you still only get three points if you win by one goal or by fifty goals.

just be happy that the squad Benitez picked today was good enough to win. lets not start moaning that Crouch didn't play or the fact that Voronin did. Do that when we lose/draw because that's when the tactics/selection obviously wasn't good enough, but when we win, it's obvious that those selected were good enough, so lets enjoy the win. final game of the season at anfield, and we've went out with a win.

well done lads.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 05, 2008 12:46 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:i seriously think some on here just like to moan. we've won a game and people are still knit picking. just be happy with the three points. a win is a win. you don't get bonus points for scoring four goals, you still only get three points if you win by one goal or by fifty goals.

just be happy that the squad Benitez picked today was good enough to win. lets not start moaning that Crouch didn't play or the fact that Voronin did. Do that when we lose/draw because that's when the tactics/selection obviously wasn't good enough, but when we win, it's obvious that those selected were good enough, so lets enjoy the win. final game of the season at anfield, and we've went out with a win.

well done lads.

Win or lose its a pointless game as far as LFC are concerned. As is tottenham. A win is always welcome but the season is settled. Time to advertise our deadwood.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 05, 2008 12:49 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:i seriously think some on here just like to moan. we've won a game and people are still knit picking. just be happy with the three points. a win is a win. you don't get bonus points for scoring four goals, you still only get three points if you win by one goal or by fifty goals.

well done lads.

funny you should say that when the league could be decided on goal difference this year
JoeTerp

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 05, 2008 2:44 am

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:all different kinds of hamstring injuries, but I thought it was funny how Gerrard would suffer from headaches in league games before champions league matches this year. Because he was heading the ball to much in practice :laugh:

This is why i don't think rafa is the correct man to lead us.... He makes decisons which are so incomprehensible.... that it is downright "stupid" sometimes...

Now it's back to, 'he's not the correct man to lead us' ???

First it was

It's over, he has to go, he has to go.

Then it was:

And I like to make this clear....I hope rafa stays.... What he has done in europe this season is nothing short of a miracle... and he has earned his right. He has been competent in his job.

Fickle beyond  :no

Shut up M0R0N...... Whats so fickle about it ? He was amazing up until the semi finals of the champions league...so he earned his right to stay...

But when he makes stupid decisions like taking off your only striker capable of scoring goals ...then somethings is not right isn't it ? So i made a call...... I still don't think he is the right man for the job....but he can stay....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion