LIVERPOOL vs WIGAN: 02/01/08 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

:laugh:

Reminds me of the fella who caught his wife giving the neighbor a blow job .

his reaction

"Well she wasn't sh'agging him"

Did we win ?

No , I don't think so .

But in fairness to you Lando maybe some of us are forgetting that we were playing the Mighty Wigan at home.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Dutchsky wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:he fukked it with the ryan babel and lucas signings

i like babel and lucas but are we really in a position to spend 17 odd million on youngsters for the future when we have massive problems out wide

we really needed one world class winger instead of 2 promising kids for the future....both i rate but we are still crying out for the winger

Agreed about babel.......IMO he is not even potential...just a massively over-rated player (similar to cisse)...

Well every manager is allowed 1 or 2 costly mistakes.. :)

Well, that's very harsh, and IMO very, very wrong. Way off the mark there.

There's nothing i like more than to be proved wrong in the case of babel..... I would love it if he was the next henry...but from what i have seen him here and in his ajax days (yes....i have seen him play for ajax...on TV of course),  he is just a forward version of sissoko. His short passing is "sissoko" bad...and he can't dribble past people but he keeps doing that.

Like i said i hope i am wrong...but rafa got it massively wrong with babel if he thought he is gonna solve our wing problem.

Your not wrong.

Babel is overrated.

wow another sourgrape from ajax  , whydon't we wait for yessica to comment on babel eh?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Lack of real quality!  This isn't a recent problem, it's been there for years and is the main reason why we have failed to win the Premiership IMO.
Rockthekop

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Leonmc0708 Posted on Jan. 03 2008,15:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Bamaga man @ Jan. 03 2008,15:27)
Quote (Lando_Griffin @ Jan. 03 2008,15:19)
F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

Theres a broader picture here Lando.

There is, and thats why people posting the kind of rubbish they have in this thread is frightening.

as much as there is people that's sole reason for being on this forum is to whinge there seems to be a few that will dismiss any negative comments as garbage

Last night was awful from start to finish. Emerald said if it had been 1-0 we would have been praising everyone. Not a chance, this wasnt like Sunday where we were unlucky not to take 3 points, passing was poor, players didnt perform, tactics were bizarre at best. Wigan may have score out of the blue but its irrelevent - it was shocking stuff and sadly its been a story told too many times at Anfield this season.

So, and Im looking at Lando and Leon in particular here, now that we're realistically out of the title race, what are your expectations now for the rest of the season? What would deem as acceptable and what would you deem as not good enough. its one thing to shoot everyone down when they criticise but this is definately once where it's justified
burjennio

Postby big daddy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:34 pm

are people scared that if we let rafa go and he turns up at madrid or even back at valencia,he  will return to winning leagues in spain while we end up with the wrong manager again and go another 5 years without the league.

gerard houlier left liverpool and won leagues in france without making the strange decisions he made at liverpool.i'm certain if rafa went to madrid he would not take liberties with the rotation system,and return to winning leagues.

so i'm left asking myself why these people come to liverpool and think the fans will put up with their antics.why do they think they can bring rubbish players and kid us theses players will come good in a few years time. we know these players are not going to come good and are just a con tricks to get another 5 year contract that has to be paid up when sacked.

do they think we are dumb fans or who know nothing about football.
if we get rid of rafa another guy will come in look around and try the same trick we have seen a million times.the 5 year plan,the he's one for the future thing.
the managers get the boot by mutual consent,and 5 years later under a different manager these players turned out to be not for the future.

these strange results have come after the owners comments in sports illustrated,is this a true sign that the players actually want benitez out.
big daddy

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:39 pm

burjennio wrote:
Leonmc0708 Posted on Jan. 03 2008,15:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Bamaga man @ Jan. 03 2008,15:27)
Quote (Lando_Griffin @ Jan. 03 2008,15:19)
F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

Theres a broader picture here Lando.

There is, and thats why people posting the kind of rubbish they have in this thread is frightening.

as much as there is people that's sole reason for being on this forum is to whinge there seems to be a few that will dismiss any negative comments as garbage

Last night was awful from start to finish. Emerald said if it had been 1-0 we would have been praising everyone. Not a chance, this wasnt like Sunday where we were unlucky not to take 3 points, passing was poor, players didnt perform, tactics were bizarre at best. Wigan may have score out of the blue but its irrelevent - it was shocking stuff and sadly its been a story told too many times at Anfield this season.

So, and Im looking at Lando and Leon in particular here, now that we're realistically out of the title race, what are your expectations now for the rest of the season? What would deem as acceptable and what would you deem as not good enough. its one thing to shoot everyone down when they criticise but this is definately once where it's justified

How did you view the game ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:41 pm

funky foreign channel - allsport I think its called, down in me local, honestly Leon I wish Id stayed at home
burjennio

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:46 pm

burjennio wrote:funky foreign channel - allsport I think its called, down in me local, honestly Leon I wish Id stayed at home

Prior to their goal we bossed the game and failed to finish them off.

To suggest we where awful from start to finish shows a lack of brains quite frankly.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:54 pm

passing the ball along the half way line and creating no clear cut chances isnt controlling the game Leon is called lacking a creative edge and we've been guilty of it alot, as for a lack of brains we'll Im no Peewee, i dont have 27 houses and a room full of Thai Brides but Im not a slack jawwed Irish Yokal just yet, and certainly dont suffer from tunnel vision like some members of this forum
burjennio

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Reg wrote:So was Tevez, Mascher and Fat Frank. Marvellous the talent the Hammers have lost isnt it? :laugh:

Don't forget Defoe , carrick , and Rio ferdinand

and joe cole
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Edit. went back to repost, when the original didn't appear.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:06 pm

burjennio wrote:passing the ball along the half way line and creating no clear cut chances isnt controlling the game Leon is called lacking a creative edge and we've been guilty of it alot, as for a lack of brains we'll Im no Peewee, i dont have 27 houses and a room full of Thai Brides but Im not a slack jawwed Irish Yokal just yet, and certainly dont suffer from tunnel vision like some members of this forum

Clear cut chances, Gerrard and Mascherano should have scored from 8 yards out, with only the keeper to beat. Last night we were let down by the players.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:08 pm

titus f***ing bramble
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

No but we didn't beat 16th place team at home  :no
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:28 pm

burjennio wrote:passing the ball along the half way line and creating no clear cut chances isnt controlling the game Leon is called lacking a creative edge and we've been guilty of it alot, as for a lack of brains we'll Im no Peewee, i dont have 27 houses and a room full of Thai Brides but Im not a slack jawwed Irish Yokal just yet, and certainly dont suffer from tunnel vision like some members of this forum

We had several chances; some of which have been mysteriously omitted from the analysis of the game from the commentators (which I noted during the game on this thread) and from pundits on this forum alike. Gerrard had a good chance to put us one up in the first half, which he shoved straight down the keeper's throat from 9 yards out. Mascherano had a great chance but couldn't keep his balance and hit a weak shot after some brilliant football from us, which I seen in intermittent spells throughout the game. There was some football played you'd normally associate with the likes of Arsenal. Torres, apart from his goal, and had he been a little more selfish, had a few chances and could have scored at least another. Gerrard had a chance which again he hit straight at the keeper from a direct free kick. The keeper fumbled. No one was there to pick up the pieces. Chance gone. Rafa went ballistic. Lest we forget his horrible clearance that cost us three points, but anyway.

Let's be honest here, if it were a boxing match, the referee (had he not been a c*nt) would have called it a night long ago. We made them look petty all over the pitch, with the one obvious exception of Chris Kirkland - who was fantastic and kept them in it. But of course, I've yet to read a single post from anyone stating anything about their keeper.

Simple fact is, we bossed the game and didn't take our chances. I think it's now just a case that little teams with some inside knowledge (probably that red nosed c*nt Fergie passing chinese whispers on to his old pal broken nose Brucie) know how to play against us now. It's simple - they park the f*cking bus and build a wall around the goal. United have been doing it now for years against Rafa, and it's worked for them. The old smash and grab technique. If anything, we should have just let them come at us then hit them on the break with pace if they wanted to play that  f*cking shyte.

We're two big match winning players short of landing the Premiership. Nothing more. This is no crisis. The world hasn't ended. And WE DIDN'T F*CKING LOSE the game. We're out of the league, aye, but let's be honest here: we were never going to win it this season. Ever. Anyone who thought we were, were only kidding themselves and setting themselves up for the fall. It certainly wasn't our manager, so lay off the sh*t talk. No, in fact, let's sack him. Let's let the Yanks bring in that diving b@stard Klinsmann, the so called world beater and master of even Rafa himself. Let's do it. Sound's nuts, right? Well, yeah, this is the complete bollox I've been reading on this forum lately. madness. You've all gone f*cking nuts!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion