LIVERPOOL vs NEWCASTLE: 08/03/08 - 3pm - Build up and Match Discussion.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:01 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Does anyone think we still have a shot at the title? or is that me being happy clappy again, i think i am , you never know though do yer.

TBH no, I doubt we have a chance.......but with manure and the ar$e to play, and with them havin themselves and cheatski to play.....who knows? Stranger things have happened, but that would be even more a miracle than Istanbul 2005.

I asked a few weeks ago for players to show more passion, to wanna win. I wanted them to stand up and take responsibility for what happens once they cross that touchline. Well, whatevers happened, they seem to be doin just that rite now which is good to see. Inter'll be the big test, but for all the guys sayin we aint playin no-one at the minute - whilst i agree with that, you can't beat manu unless they're on the same pitch can u ??? Lets be happy for the run we're on, hope it takes us further and results in us bein interested rite up to the end of a season that threatened to implode on itself for us.

And if Pennant don't get goal of the month for march I'm gonna be very disapponted!  :p

It could happen, that LFC win the title but the odds are heavily stacked against them. I think a more reasonable expectation would be to pin Liverpool into third as I see their chances of finishing third above Chelsea are more likely.
skatesy

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Amazing how there just doesn't seem to be as many moaning c*nts coming out of the woodwork lately with their knives sharpened. I mean, come on - you were all Liverpool supporters, right? So where are you now? Why not come out of the woodwork when we are playing well?

Sad c*nts!

Not many people are going to complain when we're winning. Like you said, we're all Liverpool fans and every Liverpool fan wants us to succeed, so we're not going to gripe when we are.

Some of "us moaning :censored:" aren't forgetting the earlier parts of the season, when we a disgrace to watch at times which is why they're not getting to carried away with a string of results. Me on the other hand, I'm in dreamland at the moment because we've closed the gap considerablly and look like the team I know we are.

I'll moan when we lose, and praise when we win. That's why people aren't moaning as much, because right now they're getting what they want, a winning side.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:52 pm

fyi MOTD Highlights posted up in their usual place.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:18 pm

F*CK! Everton just went 1-0 up on Sunderland. I was really hoping that Sunderland could run out the 0-0 draw or something. Maybe Sunderland can grab one back.
skatesy

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:54 pm

They are still winning I think.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Arsenal drew with Wigan :)
JoeTerp

Postby skatesy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:59 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Arsenal drew with Wigan :)

that is a good result for us.
skatesy

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:14 pm

We are only 10 points behind Arsenal now with 27 points to play for  :oh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 pm

I'd like to think that the Arsenal result is more significant for us than Everton's. :laugh:

There's no denying it though - the top two are definitely stuttering. Chelsea could sneak in if they aren't careful, and if Chelsea stutter, there could yet be a huge twist in this Prem season's tail. If only we were 3 more wins better off right now...
ivor_the_injun

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:23 pm

If it weren't for Rob Styles, we would be ahead of Chelsea right now :angry:    :D

odd stat: we are 15-11-3 (wins-draws-losses) while Fulham are 3-11-15
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:24 pm

bavlondon wrote:fyi MOTD Highlights posted up in their usual place.

wheres that mate??

the game was advertised on fox yesterday but they showed beckhams excuse for a team instead, so id love to see highlights
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Mike Ashley was targeted by angry Newcastle fans yesterday during Liverpool’s 3-0 romp. The most obnoxious attack launched after the third goal where a fan accused him of being stingy and ruining Keegan’s chances of a good team.

Another fan who had been drinking hours earlier made a lunge for him but at the end of the day Ashley was targeted and blamed as the fans back former red Kevin Keegan. The game was dominated by Liverpool and angry Newcastle fans are now hoping they avoid relegation and Ashley loosens the purse strings.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:38 pm

It's odd.

We are only ten points behind Arsenal.

We've drawn eleven games.

If we were able to just turn three of those draws into wins, we would be so much closer.

Which suggests that we are not light years away from the "top three".

But far closer than we may think.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:48 pm

the pace is probably now set by United, who if they win their two games (bolton and derby) before they host us, will be in 1st and 11 points ahead of us if we also beat Reading. If we manage a victory at Old Trafford, we will be 8 points down with 7 games (21 points) remaining. AND United still have to play Chelsea and Arsenal (but so do we)
JoeTerp

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Yes it is possible that we an still win the league but it is also possible for Derby to stay up.

If we were chasing one team we would have a chance.

Three teams?

Forget about it.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion