When is Big Samm yehhh coming ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm

zarababe wrote:When is Big Samm yehhh coming ???

Never? He's a shockingly dull manager that shouldn't be let into Anfield. Not even if he's managing the away team.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I am not so convinced as many on here that Babel had such a nice game and I am not sure that it was such an injustice that he was taken off. Yes, maybe Pennant should have come on for Kuyt, but it wasn't the most surprising move Rafa has made.  When Babel got the ball in space I always had a high level of expectation for him but very rarely did it lead to anything of substance, one of the few instances of note that I can remember is a small flick that lead to Crouch shooting just wide of the post in the first half

Babel was terrible yesterday, he gave the ball away too many times and his crossing was awful.  But I think that one of the main reasons why he was so bad, was because he rarely had anyone to link up with, he was just too isolated on the left.  He should have had more support from Risse on the left side.

it seemed like Babel wanted to be isolated on the left and wanted the chance to take on his man one on one, which is why people like him, but he was never able to beat his man and if he did, he didn't do anything with it.  When Riise did come and help out there was a lack of ideas and the ball never left the left flank before being turned over to Chelsea.  Also contributing the fact that Riise was rare to help out on the left was the fact that we were playing Chelsea away in a 0-0 game and could not afford to give up a goal.
JoeTerp

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:46 pm

i know either team were not at full strength but frim what i saw from the game chelsea are nothing with out drogba and co, i reckon we could have won yesterday if we were a bit more confident and more attack minded, i was pretty pleased with what i saw, skirtle played well i think, i say again Chelsea does not have the fear factor no more and cannot see them winning the PL again  before liverpool, a well deserved 1 point  :D
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:

1st off Benitez gave us our FIRST champions league title, not our 5th. It was our FIFTH EUROPEAN CUP but FIRST champions league, just to be precise about things.

So?... oh btw your knowledge is awesome...

Secondly as I've proven in other posts, Everton don't have the same finicial backing as us, yet seem to do just fine and are currently above us, so that arguement holds no truth. If they can do better than us, we can do better than those with more money. We finished above Tottenham and Newcastle yet they've spent more, more finance, so if we can finish above those two, why not United and Chelsea, bollox arguemnt, it's nothing to do with money .

hahaha... you're funny... or... delusional

Thirdly fans like myself and peewee have seen us dominante football so we know what it takes to win the league. You lot are content with finishing 3rd/4th and below as well as being a staggering 20-40 points behind, because if you wasn't Benitez would be sacked by now. Again as I've said elsewhere in this thread, 1st is still 1st and 2nd is still nothing. Unless we finish 1st it's a failed season as far as I'm concerned.

sure... go ahead and insult the intelligence of the 'rest of us' again... because we haven't seen the mancs, the arsenals and the chelseas dominate football in RECENT decades...

Fourthly, is four years not long enough to build a team capable of challenging? I think it is, and I think we have a team worth challenging right now, problem is we're not, and we're not because of Benitez. The majority of players right now at Liverpool Football Club and good enough to mount a challenge, Benitez' rotation/tactics and the rest of it are what's costing us.

hahaha... again you're funny...(referring to the bolded part... the rest is ur opinion)

Fifthly Crouch "could" of won us the game, fair enough but at least he had the chances. Nobody else did. As for Benitez' subs, you mean all one, peewee blames Benitez for not making all three, also why bring Pennant (a natural RIGHT winger on to play down the left when we have Kewell who's a natural LEFT winger)

you've missed the point entirely... I wasn't blaming crouch getting chances... I was questioning why peewee had to blame benitez's subs for our draw when crouch could have easily won us 3 points...... and how many times do i have to repeat this?

Finally Kenny Dalglish could win us the league next season, as could one of a million men, but if you ask me to name one who WILL then no club would have a manager because nobody knows who will win the league, but we can firmly assume that Benitez won't.

ok you know what... i'll cut you some slack...i'll make it easier for the 'sack rafa' camp... pls put in a name to replace benitez whenever you advocate replacing him... so that at least we can have some discussion and not arguments (and 95% of the time we can laugh at your suggestions)...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 am

JoeTerp wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I am not so convinced as many on here that Babel had such a nice game and I am not sure that it was such an injustice that he was taken off. Yes, maybe Pennant should have come on for Kuyt, but it wasn't the most surprising move Rafa has made.  When Babel got the ball in space I always had a high level of expectation for him but very rarely did it lead to anything of substance, one of the few instances of note that I can remember is a small flick that lead to Crouch shooting just wide of the post in the first half

Babel was terrible yesterday, he gave the ball away too many times and his crossing was awful.  But I think that one of the main reasons why he was so bad, was because he rarely had anyone to link up with, he was just too isolated on the left.  He should have had more support from Risse on the left side.

it seemed like Babel wanted to be isolated on the left and wanted the chance to take on his man one on one, which is why people like him, but he was never able to beat his man and if he did, he didn't do anything with it.  When Riise did come and help out there was a lack of ideas and the ball never left the left flank before being turned over to Chelsea.  Also contributing the fact that Riise was rare to help out on the left was the fact that we were playing Chelsea away in a 0-0 game and could not afford to give up a goal.

to be fair... babel did some decent off the ball movements to get onto gerrard's passes... but once he gets the ball he doesn't have the refinement to get pass the marker... still not impressed with him on the flanks...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:37 am

Babel was left on his own on the left wing, without any kind of support, or any link play at all, and there was no movement from the front players or attacking midfield players, that was simply due to the negative tactics that Benitez had opted to use for this game to contain Chelsea, rather than going for wining the game, and you could see it clearly from this team selection which was very negative!!. I am sure we have the players to do a good job and win any match (apart from Kuyt,Kewell, and many other useless :censored: that we have in our squad), if they were only allowd to express themselves, and without the negative restriction of Benitez bad tactics!!!, he will never be the right manager to take the LFC forward. Right now we are dropping points like hot cakes, and the gab is getting bigger every match, I just can not see how we are going to overtake Everton!! for the fourth spot.

It is the same old story for the past three seasons, and now I hear the clever Benitez saying that he is the right manger to win the title for LFC. It is an absloute BULL :censored:, BULL :censored:. It is beyond him he coudn't prove it over the past four seasons, or there was any kind of indication to confirm his allegation, apart from his cups sucesses, which was also not for every season while he was in charge!!!!!!!!!!, let him fool himself.
jedwards

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm

jedwards wrote:Babel was left on his own on the left wing, without any kind of support, or any link play at all, and there was no movement from the front players or attacking midfield players, that was simply due to the negative tactics that Benitez had opted to use for this game to contain Chelsea, rather than going for wining the game, and you could see it clearly from this team selection which was very negative!!. I am sure we have the players to do a good job and win any match (apart from Kuyt,Kewell, and many other useless :censored: that we have in our squad), if they were only allowd to express themselves, and without the negative restriction of Benitez bad tactics!!!, he will never be the right manager to take the LFC forward. Right now we are dropping points like hot cakes, and the gab is getting bigger every match, I just can not see how we are going to overtake Everton!! for the fourth spot.

It is the same old story for the past three seasons, and now I hear the clever Benitez saying that he is the right manger to win the title for LFC. It is an absloute BULL :censored:, BULL :censored:. It is beyond him he coudn't prove it over the past four seasons, or there was any kind of indication to confirm his allegation, apart from his cups sucesses, which was also not for every season while he was in charge!!!!!!!!!!, let him fool himself.

Babel was at the Emirates last night with Van Persie and I really wonder what he was thinking?  No player must like going onto the pitch with such lack of creative freedom.  Players must want to go and win the game but under Benitez the main objective is not to lose.  I really dont see what is so great about not conceding goals but not winning games.  Rafa could have the 11 best players in the world in his side and yet he would still send them out with the main objective of not losing the game instead of trying to win the game from the 1st minute.  This mentality has been with Benitez for years and will never change!!!
puroresu

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:26 pm

puroresu wrote:
jedwards wrote:Babel was left on his own on the left wing, without any kind of support, or any link play at all, and there was no movement from the front players or attacking midfield players, that was simply due to the negative tactics that Benitez had opted to use for this game to contain Chelsea, rather than going for wining the game, and you could see it clearly from this team selection which was very negative!!. I am sure we have the players to do a good job and win any match (apart from Kuyt,Kewell, and many other useless :censored: that we have in our squad), if they were only allowd to express themselves, and without the negative restriction of Benitez bad tactics!!!, he will never be the right manager to take the LFC forward. Right now we are dropping points like hot cakes, and the gab is getting bigger every match, I just can not see how we are going to overtake Everton!! for the fourth spot.

Babel was at the Emirates last night with Van Persie and I really wonder what he was thinking?  No player must like going onto the pitch with such lack of creative freedom.  Players must want to go and win the game but under Benitez the main objective is not to lose.  I really dont see what is so great about not conceding goals but not winning games.  Rafa could have the 11 best players in the world in his side and yet he would still send them out with the main objective of not losing the game instead of trying to win the game from the 1st minute.  This mentality has been with Benitez for years and will never change!!!

sorry but thats a load of rubbish, if u think Rafa has the intention of not losing a game before winning. NO ONE does that in a football game. He may be overly defensive at times but that dosnt mean he dosnt want to win
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 pm

puroresu wrote:

Babel was at the Emirates last night with Van Persie and I really wonder what he was thinking? 

"I wonder what puroresu will make of this"
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:30 pm

puroresu wrote:

yet more opportunistic posts to slam rafa which made use of the fact that we drew (on a venue that no one won for alot of years) without commenting on the game objectively... it's pathetic... it's a joke... I don't know what game you guys saw... but the game I saw it was anything but negative tactics... WE had the better chances NOT chelsea...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Bable has just realized that he had made a grave mistake to join LFC under bright Benitez, and I think he is now regret not joining the Aresnal and A.Wenger, who will eventually made a World beater, and this would not happen under Benitez, he is so negative, he destroy players, look at Sissoko never improved, look at Alonso now, his confidence and moral is so low, he can not even get a game now.

We have the players to go and beat any top team, and Aresnal or M.utd are not better than us, but our problem is with our managers over the past 6-7 years we have had to negative mangers in Houllier and Benitez, who both do not know what is attacking football all about? ???.
jedwards

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 am

Just seen the game ???  Chuffed with the lads performance, they all played well IMO.

Mascha = Liverpools best player of the season. :cool:
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:43 am

Bamaga man wrote:Just seen the game ???  Chuffed with the lads performance, they all played well IMO.

Mascha = Liverpools best player of the season. :cool:

I agree mate, by this time in the season there is usually only Gerrard and Cara in the running for best player. This season I would say Masch, Torres , and Gerrard have been our best three players, with Mascherano the pick of the bunch so far.
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:46 am

OK lets all try to be objective here, can the happy clappers in Rafa I have wet dreams brigade please explain what is so special about him? Given the fact that we haven't really threatened to win the league in the last 4 years what makes you think we will in the future, what is going to change, do we need to buy the league like Chelsea for Rafa to be able to mount a challenge?
Can you also highlight any clever substitutions, tactics which Rafa has employed to beat the opposition. From my point of view Rafa is the most overrated and lucky manager around, he scrambles himself to 2 Champions league finals and steals a win in one of them and suddenly he's the greatest manager of all time. Surely the true test of a manager is in the league and here Rafa has consistently disappointed and we will NEVER win the league with him in charge.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion