CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 10/02/08 - 4pm - Build up + Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby StevieL » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 am

after seeing Skrtel play so well, is this a formation for the future?!?!

----------------Reina-----------------
---Skrtel------Carrager------Agger----
---------Mascherano-----------------
------------------Alonso-------------
-Babel----------------------------JP
------------Gerrard------------------
---------Torres-------Crouch-------
StevieL

Postby nobybob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 am

peewee wrote:i will tell you about my attitude shall i sunbeam.

over 30 f*cking years i watched this team on a regular basis, and i am not talking about 2 games a season and then spouting sh*te like i am a regular matchgoer.

I have seen titles won, i have seen cups won, i have seen total domination and been proud to be a fan and a scouser, I have seen heartbreak and i have seen 18 years of not winning the title. the problem with some of you is that you have never seen a title and have grown up with sh*te.

the fans on here who need to be questioning themselves are those happy with the predicament we are in now, it makes me ashamed to be a red when i read some of the excuses made on here about both our manager and our club, the fact is benitez is clueless and will never win the league so why are some of you defending him and making excuses for him?

our club is becoming a laughing stock, and while you are talking about whingers look at the the so called fans in the 'games abroad' thread, it makes me ashamed to go in there and read it. all the 'oh this shouldnt happen to us', look at all the negative comments about the owners, look at all the b*tching about other clubs

so when you talk about negative things written look at the positives i write about the owners and about playing games overseas, look at the positives i write about players, but never expect me to praise the manager when he f*cks up, never expect me to praise players when they f*ck up.

the fact is i love this club and like i say elsewhere i was here before rafa and i will be here long after he has gone to madrid, he is here for a paycheck, he is not here to put the club first, he is here to try and advance himself and he is failing. if he was putting the club first he would listen to advice rather than plough on regardless serving up this garbage.

we are currently in the middle of our worst spell under rafa but still i see excuses and people shifting the blame elsewhere. are you all happy with mediocrity? well i am not, but then again i know different, i have seen titles won by our club and i want to see it again, get rid of this idiot, get someone in with tactical nous (genius my @rse) and we will have some chance.

some of you need to remember what this club is all about.

case over

Listen you arrogant Pr!ick don't try and tell me what it is to be a Liverpool fan, about the heart ache and the pain i lost family at hillsborough and have lived and breathed LFC for the 44 years of my life as have many many others on this forum.  You seem to think that you are the only true scouser here ! and have some kind of monopoly on being a red. This isn't about were you are from or how long you have been a supporter, fuk!in grow up cos other peoples opinions are just as valid as yours OK big mouth  :veryangry
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobybob

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:14 pm

I have been supporting Liverpool for OVER 40 YEARS and first went to Anfield 40 years ago(1968), does this mean I know more and my views should carry more weight. No, it just means I am old  :D
account deleted by request

Postby nobybob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:16 pm

s@int wrote:I have been supporting Liverpool for OVER 40 YEARS and first went to Anfield 40 years ago(1968), does this mean I know more and my views should carry more weight. No, it just means I am old  :D

very true :D
nobybob

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:08 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Finally Kenny Dalglish could win us the league next season, as could one of a million men

Any one of a million men could walk in and win us the league?  Do me a favour. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Skertl looks like a good buy at this stage. Lucas showed a few flashes too.

I thought it was a terrible game though. Hate the way Risse just does long 50/50 throws - Rafa doesn't trust his players with the ball. It is like watching Ireland under Jack Charlton, long balls all the time.

I know I am a miserable ba**ard  :D  but I really see very few positives and think Rafa has no idea what he is doing - we lost more ground on the bitters and are second rate (16 points behind Arsenal, same games played) :down:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm

I know I am a miserable ba**ard 

I 2nd that you are :laugh:
nobybob

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:49 pm

puroresu wrote:A point away to chelsea is a good result but we should of won.  Chelsea were there to be beaten and I am disappointed the Manager didnt really go for it.  At no point in the game did we try and get more men forward in advanced positions.  Rafa just isnt prepared to really go for it in games. 

If a person had never seen the league table and u told them how many games us and Utd had lost and then told them what the table looks like they wouldnt believe it.  So sad to see us so far behind even though we have lost less.

We had the best chances to win it, I wasn't impressed with Rafa's use of the players he had in terms of changing things. Firstly Kuyt has scored once in six games against Chelsea and Crouch has scored twice in his entire career against Chelsea (18 games) Crouch could have and maybe should have added one or even doubled that tally yesterday. Kuyt's form has dipped completely since he stopped being Torres' first choice partner, and quite possibly I may look later and see if that coincided with the wheels coming off our season.

So with only two first choice strikers available Rafa plays the third option of Babel on the left and then takes him off as the only change during the game! Babel played well but given the lack of scoring prowess up front maybe it is time Rafa tried something completely different rather than shuffling the same set of deuces alongside Torres (when he plays obviously) Perhaps the most pleasing thing was our defence which stood firm, Rafa's first point away to Arsenal, Chelsea or the mancs, but that could have been three. I get the feeling Rafa settled for a draw long before the end, using up the subs would have wasted some time.

We need wins, the wannabes aren't stumbling same as us, but we need to get ahead of them. Thankfully we have the bitters and citeh to visit Anfield and neither is as good as their position may suggest. Citeh are making most of ordinary sides playing at COMS, everton are simply very effective at beating lesser teams, but far from convincing
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:54 pm

nobybob wrote:Listen you arrogant Pr!ick don't try and tell me what it is to be a Liverpool fan, about the heart ache and the pain i lost family at hillsborough and have lived and breathed LFC for the 44 years of my life as have many many others on this forum.  You seem to think that you are the only true scouser here ! and have some kind of monopoly on being a red. This isn't about were you are from or how long you have been a supporter, fuk!in grow up cos other peoples opinions are just as valid as yours OK big mouth  :veryangry

yes whatever sweetheart, my opinion is just as valid as yours and i will stick with my opinion and i stand by everything i wrote, i suppose now you are a better fan than me because you are 4 years older    :laugh:

get a life, my opinion is my opinion and i really don't care if you like my opinion or not, its my opinion, not yours, fell free to disagree but the abuse is uncalled for    :oh:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:59 pm

u both old :D

anyways, botjh of u have valid points, and both of you have invalid points... so thats that sorted. was a good result, poor game really. both teams missing vital strikers... would drogba have made a diff? i dunno. i woulda taken a point before the game, but as rafa has said, now it does feel a lil like 2 dropped
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:u both old :D

it will come to you one day as well mate    :D
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:02 pm

trust me, with my cough and athletic abilities, im falling apart, but loving it :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:25 pm

I am not so convinced as many on here that Babel had such a nice game and I am not sure that it was such an injustice that he was taken off. Yes, maybe Pennant should have come on for Kuyt, but it wasn't the most surprising move Rafa has made.  When Babel got the ball in space I always had a high level of expectation for him but very rarely did it lead to anything of substance, one of the few instances of note that I can remember is a small flick that lead to Crouch shooting just wide of the post in the first half
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:25 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I am not so convinced as many on here that Babel had such a nice game and I am not sure that it was such an injustice that he was taken off. Yes, maybe Pennant should have come on for Kuyt, but it wasn't the most surprising move Rafa has made.  When Babel got the ball in space I always had a high level of expectation for him but very rarely did it lead to anything of substance, one of the few instances of note that I can remember is a small flick that lead to Crouch shooting just wide of the post in the first half

I think it was also a case of bringing on Pennant a right winger and playing him on the left, when he could have brought Kewell on if he wanted a left winger.
account deleted by request

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I am not so convinced as many on here that Babel had such a nice game and I am not sure that it was such an injustice that he was taken off. Yes, maybe Pennant should have come on for Kuyt, but it wasn't the most surprising move Rafa has made.  When Babel got the ball in space I always had a high level of expectation for him but very rarely did it lead to anything of substance, one of the few instances of note that I can remember is a small flick that lead to Crouch shooting just wide of the post in the first half

Babel was terrible yesterday, he gave the ball away too many times and his crossing was awful.  But I think that one of the main reasons why he was so bad, was because he rarely had anyone to link up with, he was just too isolated on the left.  He should have had more support from Risse on the left side.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion