BOLTON vs LIVERPOOL: 02/03/08. K.O 13:30 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 pm

I just finished watching the match, coudn't watch it live. Since all the traditional comments have been done already I bring an idea I hope it helps for footie discussion.

I've taken captures of the video so that I can explain with images where my english can't reach, but more importantly so that you lot comment the images.

I guess it's against copyright law, so I assume all the responsability in case brittish police want to arrest the poster of the images. :D

Image 1:

The image can remotely grasp the nice technical gesture of Gerrard's body when hitting the ball. It was not a bizarre goal. It was a great goal as a consequence of a great shot of Gerrard. The ball had a wicked swerve, and it bounced just before the keeper, and those ones are tricky. It's very normal those shots not being blocked, the lucky part came in the direction of the deflection .

Image 2:

Zonal defending is better than man to man defending. I think it's even better the mixed one, most of the defenders defendins in zone, except one or two men that are watched individually.

If you do zonal or mixed one you need concentration and tension, like Xabi is showing. In the first 10 minutes we had 2 situations of danger in set pieces that could have costed us points, and mind you, it has costed us points this season. It's not all about rotation believe it or not.

Image 3:

I like the double holding midfielder notion, but here Xabi for instance made a mistake. In the lower part of the picture, you have Torres in one of his falls to the wing. Gerrard, with a very disciplined attitude was covering his back, he then roamed to the outside to the box to look for a second chance.

The problem and mistake of Xabi is the big whole there is behind Kuyt. Xabi should have been there following the play. But they were both deep. Some disadjustments like that there were and we have to improve that, but I definitely like the Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherrano trio in the pitch.

Image 4:

Here instead Xabi got it right. He is the man behind Babel, and the man he stole the ball touched by Babel with the heel and that ended up in Gerrard's shot. This unsung movements are very important in a match.

I'm going to capture some images of the second half now.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Sabre......how do u record the games???

can anyone else help?
Raj_Xedos

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:30 pm

I started downloading it from torrents because I was fed up of the blurry images of the online streams and because you always miss some details and with video you can repeat plays.

Sites like www.fbtz.com are focused in footie torrents, but they require you register. A torrent searcher like http://btjunkie.org/ will find games of liverpool for you in case you don't want to register.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 am

Feck me it's a good job I can't do that Sabes. Anybody who thinks my posts are boring already wouldn't know what'd fecking hit them :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:26 am

bigmick wrote:Feck me it's a good job I can't do that Sabes. Anybody who thinks my posts are boring already wouldn't know what'd fecking hit them :D

boring? that was one of the most interesting and informative osts I have read in a long while. Reminded me of NFL matchup a show that breaks down the same game tape that actual coaches use that is taken from the end zone and allows coaches to view what all 22 players are doing at the same time. the tv show breaks down the intricacies of all the players movements and how they relate, its my favorite show on earth. Ill look for video of the show but can't find it.
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:31 am

bigmick wrote:Feck me it's a good job I can't do that Sabes. Anybody who thinks my posts are boring already wouldn't know what'd fecking hit them :D

Sabs ill pay you what you want not to show Mick how to do that :D Only messin Mick i quite like reading you literature :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:39 am

I'd happily explain Bigmick patiently how to do it if he removed the idea he can't learn about this computer/internet things. Last time I tried to explain him how to download a game I discovered he dislikes computers more than rotation. But I'd be ready to explain step by step if he promises to make posts based on images. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:52 am

Raj_Xedos wrote:Sabre......how do u record the games???

can anyone else help?

If you want the Bolton game(full) PM me and I will upload it for you. Its 1.4gb in good quality though.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:44 am

i said it as it was guys, it was a decent performance and a decent win, why the feck you are all getting excited about beating a team fighting relegation is beyond me, is this how far we have fallen/

the fact remains whatever we do for the rest of this season will be tainted because the clown, after 4 years still doesnt know his @rse from his elbow. these are the facts, lets stick to facts
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:47 am

Judge wrote:
peewee wrote:ah well we all know where the fault for that lies

yes we do. its Lando's fault

:D   :D

:D
112-1077774096

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 am

s@int wrote:
Raj_Xedos wrote:Sabre......how do u record the games???

can anyone else help?

If you want the Bolton game(full) PM me and I will upload it for you. Its 1.4gb in good quality though.

you or a mod should set up a http://drop.io/ for newkit, where people can privately and freely upload and download any LFC related content as they please.
JoeTerp

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:28 am

Manhattan did the "Premiership Predictor" thing again on BBC Sport's website.

According to Manhattan's predictions, Liverpool will finish six points clear of Everscum in 4th place.

Fulham, Sunderland and Derby will be rejected back into the League of Coca Cola.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 am

Maybe I am being too optimistic but I am betting that we finish 3rd in front of Chelsea. You heard it here ;)
skatesy

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 am

I want Derby Bolton and Birmingham to go down. Fulham have loads of yanks in their squad, would look bad on the national team if they were in the championship.
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 am

JoeTerp wrote:

boring? that was one of the most interesting and informative osts I have read in a long while.

Joe I think you might have misunderstood my point (if indeed there was one). Sabre's post was indeed informative and interesting, my point was given the same facility I'd bore the erse off everone.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion