LIVERPOOL vs WIGAN: 02/01/08 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:25 pm

joeglfc22 wrote:Emerald red u gob :censored: i bet ur 1 of them fans who would still sing him name in the next match like 90% of the reds who have been DREAMING thinking were going to win the league under Rafa he is simply not good enough. Like 90% of the team.

neither are u to be fit to call urself a "fan" although i doubt that u really are u fu*king w@nker
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

Theres a broader picture here Lando.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Not wanting to turn this inot a rotation debate, fck me it might wake Big mick up  , but we have won plenty of games whilst rotating, FACT, so rotating is not necessarily the problem, but who you employ to fill the positions could be.

:D

Not being pedantic here, rotation is a problem if you havent got the players to employ it properly, and thats been our problem ever since Rafa came and used his methods with the average players he brought.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:30 pm

puroresu wrote:Dont worry Rafa won 2 titles in Spain with valencia. He will win the PL for us. lol

I'm sick of u and all ur negative sarcasm and and always slating the team . When we get a bad result u are there like a leech but when we get a good 1 , u are no where to be found . Why is that , i think its time u change ur Fu.cking attitude and some1 stand up to you , u sour a$$. , LFC doesn't need fans like u and the world will not come to an end if we lose a fan like u , its would be a blessing in disguise . It's always negative stuff from you , You must really be a loner , can't think of anyone that would want to be with such a person
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:34 pm

edit.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Not wanting to turn this inot a rotation debate, fck me it might wake Big mick up  , but we have won plenty of games whilst rotating, FACT, so rotating is not necessarily the problem, but who you employ to fill the positions could be.

Not being pedantic here, rotation is a problem if you havent got the players to employ it properly, and thats been our problem ever since Rafa came and used his methods with the average players he brought.

I agree, but i did only mention 6 players out of the 30 or so in the first team, and of them four have shown to be below par to me only this season.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 pm

joeglfc22 wrote:Emerald if i am wright in saying didnt houllier at least get us into second place and win us the treble and a few more trophy's, and i am sure he didnt spend as much as your beloved Benitez.

It was the baby treble , u don't consider that a treble , what manure won its the real treble
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Theres other managers out there, its a lack of vision to say Maureen is the only one there is. He wouldnt have £100m to spend every summer with us so what chance would he have? I hate speculating on who will replace the coach when I dont want him replaced but there are a load of coaches who fit the bill- and would be much more welcomed than Jose Mourinho, I think english clubs have to start looking to British based managers again, managers with fire in their bellies and a point to prove, you cant tell me a British coach cant have the same impact as a foreign one, they just need a chance.

Its a moot point cause we're winnin the champions league again
:;):
burjennio

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Reg wrote:So was Tevez, Mascher and Fat Frank. Marvellous the talent the Hammers have lost isnt it? :laugh:

Don't forget Defoe , carrick , and Rio ferdinand
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:49 pm

percy99999 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:• Finnan is finally looking his age.  Appears to have lost his sprint.  I know he set up the goal with the brilliant overlap but it was the only time he managed it the whole game. 
• Gerrard was a yard off the pace tonight.  Not used to seeing him like that and it obviously stands out a mile.  He wasn't involved at all considering his usual style is to boss the park.
• Harry Kewell was s*i*e.  And I'm a Kewell supporter.
• Aurelio's crosses and free kicks were poor all night.
• The fact that we played one up front at home against Wigan shows how much Rafa rates our other three strikers.
• If you are going to play with one up front, you NEED, NEED, NEED, NEED, NEED, to have wingers who are going to either supply decent crosses or support the striker by getting goals themselves.  Kewell and Pennant aren't those wingers.

I think I must have been watching a different game from you m8? Kewell had a reasonably good game in my book. Steve Finnan was class all evening and he always is. Stevie G was above average even if he could have played better, and as for Aurelio, well he does struggle to get into the game sometimes, but I think he has a lot of potential.

I agree with you about Penant tho, he's well below our standards most of the time although he does show the occasional flash of excellence we desperately need on the right side of the park. Shame his lack of vision gets in the way so often.

Lack of vision? have u forgotten some of the crosses he put in today , i'd suggest u re watch the game , remember the one where torres failed to control it? Don't blame the player who crossers the ball if the other player can't control it or loses it and i am not having a go at torres here
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I'm wondering if the score had have been 1-0 to us, would we be getting as much bollox being spoken and would as many spanners be coming out of the works to post their negative drivel.

I think not.

I think had the score been 1-0, we'd all be talking about how well such and such played and how good the team performed, which let's be honest, they did perform. They played well as a unit. It's just a sad fact that once again, as so many times in the past, we never killed the opposition off. Start searching for reasons why this is happening rather than come out and blame the manager or asking for his head. It's annoying. And old.

Top draw emerald , great post  :buttrock
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck me, did we lose?

No? Didn't think so...

Theres a broader picture here Lando.

There is, and thats why people posting the kind of rubbish they have in this thread is frightening.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm

edit - its workin again, im a muppet
burjennio

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:55 pm

To fail to deafeat a team from a ruby town is bad enough and to watch your hopes and dreams shattered, again, is even worse.

As Liverpool drift into another new year with title hopes buried we are again searching for answers as to how manager after manager fails to bridge the gap to the top and bring a championship back to Anfield.

It is clear (to use a phrase close to rafa) that his assembled squad does not have what it takes and on both counts, recruitment and team selection, Benitez carries the can.

Failing to impress his new employers is bad news for Benitez and one would assume it unlikely he will be afforded more funds in the window and rightly so in my opinion.

The man is on borrowed time and it is now surely when not if he is removed from his position.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:59 pm

The_Rock wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:he fukked it with the ryan babel and lucas signings

i like babel and lucas but are we really in a position to spend 17 odd million on youngsters for the future when we have massive problems out wide

we really needed one world class winger instead of 2 promising kids for the future....both i rate but we are still crying out for the winger

Agreed about babel.......IMO he is not even potential...just a massively over-rated player (similar to cisse)...

Well every manager is allowed 1 or 2 costly mistakes.. :)

Rock lay off babel , everyone needs time to adapt , and he's being played not in his natural position and to add to that , it's his first season and some players need longer to adapt then others . And we all know that u don't like babel , so don't rub it in mate , give the lad time
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion